Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I think this album could do with a remix and I'd love to see a boxed set because their writing sessions were fully documented by Coverdale on video. Also the 4-5 leftover songs and the ideas for the follow up would make a pretty wonderful boxed set methinks.
  3. Today
  4. Cycling and taking pictures are the best ways to spend a sunny bank holiday. Panoramic views in Cologne
  5. Mike, It's a generous offer. One suggestion I'd make in the interest of security is to edit your post to remove your email address and phone number and ask people to send you a private message instead. Steve
  6. Glorious here too. 30C (at 3 p.m. in the sun). Did I ever wear sandals in April? Definitely not.
  7. Here is an excerpt from a 2013 interview of Ritchie Yorke by Bradley Scott in Vice.com, "Ritchie Yorke on Rock and Roll": You were the first media personality to predict the success of Led Zeppelin after everyone else dismissed them. You went on to write more words on the band than anyone else, including “The Definitive Biography of Led Zeppelin”. How long did you spend with the band writing the book? I wrote about them for many years and I'm still doing it. They were always grateful for my support at the beginning, as I’d written a pretty favorable review on their first album when everyone else was writing disparaging things about them. For example, Rolling Stone were calling them “a bunch of limey lemon squeezers” and smartass shit like that. I took them pretty seriously and it was obvious they were going to break out—I mean if you listen to their first album it is unstoppable. Plenty of people jumped on the bandwagon but the band and management remembered who'd done it initially, when it really mattered. They would invite me along on tour whenever they were in North America but I could only ever spend a few days on the road with them—it was pretty intense. During the filming of The Song Remains the Same at Madison Square Gardens they gave me a spot on stage with them, you can see me in the video. Because I had to get on stage before their show started, and couldn’t get off till the end, they just put me on this riser off to the side, handed me a bunch of joints and said, “You go and stay up there mate, we’ll pick you up after the show.” It was incredible. They were always very kind and gracious to me—I’m still good friends with all of them. A few years back we filmed John Paul Jones, the Zep bassist and keyboards player, in Byron Bay, saying that I had been “Zeppelin's champion”. I had been the original media guy who supported them. I was very grateful to have that recognition. What was your most memorable night on tour with Led Zeppelin?Probably the night I introduced them at The Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto. To go out on stage when everything is pitch black, have this little spotlight come on you and then hear the roar of 18,000 people who are just dying for the show to begin. When I announced it—“Ladies and Gentlemen, the greatest rock ‘n’ roll band in the world…. LED ZEPPELIN”—and the whole crowd started screaming, it was just this burst of energy. Is there a difference between today’s music and the music made back in the late 60s/early 70s? What do you think of today’s music?I think back then music was made from the heart. People made it cause they felt it and they needed to. It was much more experimental—it was more about getting a groove happening and just going for it. There’s a lot more restraint on everything now. Nowadays it seems to be driven by money. Money was obviously a factor back then as well, but the record companies were run by great music men that released the music they felt good about. The people running the labels today tend to be accountants or lawyers. I think there’s still some people that care about the music but it’s become much more of a business now—they play it safe rather than take risks.
  8. Analog remastering or the new deluxe remastering Was recently watching a YouTube video where the guy was stating that the new Led Zeppelin LPs were digital pressed file onto the LP do you guys consider these new LPs lackluster compared to other LPs that I’ve come out before? Do you guys prefer analog to LP remastering compare to digital file press to LP remastering this guy seems to say the sounding is not very good ?
  9. Here is a picture of rock music writer, Ritchie Yorke, interviewing John Lennon in May of 1969, just 5 months prior to the Led Zeppelin concert at Carnegie Hall in October 1969. Ritchie Yorke with John Lennon at the King Eddie hotel in Toronto discussing the location for John and Yoko's second bed-in for peace which ultimately took place in Montreal, May 1969. Ritchie Yorke (left) alongside John Lennon and Yoko Ono, Toronto, 1969.
  10. David Coverdale discusses Jimmy Page and Coverdale/Page during an interview in Los Angeles on April 15th 2019. See 14:25 below.
  11. I saw this interview again recently and was struck by how reflective and thoughtful Robert was. Remarkable. What he said about Kashmir was quite special. Dan Rather asked him why Kashmir was his favorite song. He said: "It was a great achievement to take such a monstrously dramatic musical piece and find a lyric that was ambiguous enough, and a delivery which was not overpumped, just, it was almost like the antithesis of the music, this kind of lyric, and this vocal delivery that was just about enough to get in there."
  12. Bong-Man

2019 NFL Thread

My cable provider decided that a week before the NFL Draft would be a good time to drop the NFL Network from my cable package. Their marketing dept. decided that now would be a better time than the middle of May ? That's genius stuff right there ! I guess constant reruns of "Dr. Pimple Popper" and "My 600 lb. life" is a cheaper and bigger ratings draw. I got on their website and gave them the following input.... "So your company dropped the NFL Network because they raised the price on you ? I'll be sure to use the same criteria when I evaluate your cable package in the Fall."
  13. After hearing some details about the costs of repairs, I think someone should get a hold of the architects at Disney. They build mountains, castles, and forests out of plastic, rubber, & plaster in no time. Get a couple 3d printers....replace those gargoyles and statues with painted plastic....lighten the load on those new steel replacement beams. It's time to bring the entire religious spectacle up to date.
  14. Not quite the path to enlightenment I expected to read about. Was the deity named Prostate by chance ? Aleister & Oscar....now that would be Wilde.
  15. I think Led Zeppelin (along with Pink Floyd) helped finance Monty Python and the Holy Grail, one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. I have also read that George Harrison helped finance the film. I also seem to recall Robert once doing a bit about a man who knows a man who knows a man who doesn't know "Tim", and Tim was a minor character in the Holy Grail. In 1977 Robert once said it was an opportunity to "play spot the looney". "Spot the Looney" was an old bit from the original Monty Python's Flying Circus TV series. He even said "spot the looney" in a rather Monty Python way.
  16. JTM

football

Nah, no it wasn't. City were nobodies until they became Qatar FC. Everything they have won last few seasons they've bought. They are so great they can't even sell out a home game, even their home ground, the rented Etihad Stadium is nicknamed the Emptyhad.
  17. JTM

football

I remember Utd being relegated (73/74 season?) but not Law's back heel. Anyway, I get it that many Utd fans would rather see them lose against City, anything to prevent Liverpool having any chance of winning the Prem, arch rivals and all that. [and] Yes Utd have been shit last few game or so, ever since Ollie got the managerial contract, baffling really since they were doing so well after JM got his contract terminated. Edit. Hang on, the old memory banks hadn't fired up. I can recall that now, wasn't Law heartbroken in scoring that goal against his old team, but were they already going down anyway..
  18. chillumpuffer

football

Well I never??? You have no chance of United even scoring against City. We have been pretty shit the last few weeks and the thought of the title going down the M62, United may as well play with 9 men. You're old enough to remember Denis Law's back heel that set United down in the 70's?
  19. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rld4QXlPH3k
  20. Easter/Passover blessings. Here are some vintage photos to enjoy
  21. I think this video will give you a better idea what LP collectors seek.
  1. Load more activity