What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Hope everything turns out well ELsmile.gif

Same here, Eternal Light. I pray for a quick recovery for your father.

And good luck today, Charles. I hope that the hearing is in your (and your son's) favor.

What made me happy today?

I have the morning off (I have to work until late tonight, though).

And while watching VH1 Classic this morning, some of my favorite tunes have been played:

Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi, The Ocean by our guys, I Can't Stand Losing You by the Police, The Chain by Fleetwood Mac.

These put me in a great mood!!!!!

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Beginning to feel human again after being home sick yesterday.

Hi Virginia,

Glad that you are feeling better. smile.gif

I know what it's like. I was ill last weekend and missed work on Monday. I had a migraine and a severe cold and stomach flu, all at once. I didn't even get dressed for three days. It took until yesterday for me to feel back to normal.

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

Hi Virginia,

Glad that you are feeling better. smile.gif

I know what it's like. I was ill last weekend and missed work on Monday. I had a migraine and a severe cold and stomach flu, all at once. I didn't even get dressed for three days. It took until yesterday for me to feel back to normal.

Thanks :) This felt like a mini flu; I had zero energy, slightly upset stomach and a lot of congestion; plus I was kind of light headed (no fever though). Thurs night I fell asleep on the couch around 6:30. Today I was able to get out of the house; still not 100% but definitely better. My mom and my neighbor/friend both had a similar bug and I was around both of them earlier in the week.

I had the regular flu shot but the H1N1 hasn't been available yet. The kids had a chance to get it through school early on, but my kids don't do shots well, so I wanted to take them to their doctor instead. Unfortunately they haven't had the vaccine yet though, although they should be getting more in Dec.

Having a pretty good day all around so far. Day off of work, bought some cool books, heard a Robert Plant song in the bookstore, heard from some cute boys ;), and had a good laugh reading this board today. All in all - a good day.

Oooh......my blog has been featured again!

featuredagain.jpg

Click the headline and it takes you to my site. WAHOO!

You should consider publishing a paper, just a small one to begin with.

Use your talents to make a few bux, Mac makes excellent publishing software.

Who knows might be the beginning of something big!

I saw something on tv tonight about this guy that wears company t-shirts and blogs about it

and he made $84K last yearblink.gif

Oooh......my blog has been featured again!

featuredagain.jpg

Click the headline and it takes you to my site. WAHOO!

Wow what's that like the fourth or fifth time now in the past few weeks? That's awesome! Is there a way you can get that in an official capacity? Then again, you may not want them to curb your particular style

I had a short work day today :thumbsup:

Wow what's that like the fourth or fifth time now in the past few weeks? That's awesome! Is there a way you can get that in an official capacity? Then again, you may not want them to curb your particular style

Since the WS ended, I think it's been three or four times now. I'm not sure what you mean by official capacity, though. There's different tiers of blogs there. There's Players, Pros (beat writers and such) and then Fans. As much as I'd love to be paid to write about the Yankees, I don't think either of the newspapers and such down here would have a market for that! :lol:

As for what made me happy today - I got an offer to be moderator at one of the other two boards I frequent. I'm pretty stoked about that because I've only been there a short time compared to a lot of the other members.

Edited by Electrophile

Since the WS ended, I think it's been three or four times now. I'm not sure what you mean by official capacity, though. There's different tiers of blogs there. There's Players, Pros (beat writers and such) and then Fans. As much as I'd love to be paid to write about the Yankees, I don't think either of the newspapers and such down here would have a market for that! :lol:

As for what made me happy today - I got an offer to be moderator at one of the other two boards I frequent. I'm pretty stoked about that because I've only been there a short time compared to a lot of the other members.

Well I meant getting paid for it, yeah. The Raptors (different sport, but same principle) have official web reporters that blog throughout the games, post team news on off days, and give post game write-ups, etc. Like Dzldoc said, you've got a style all your own so maybe the market in NY will one day be ready for you.

In the meantime,Suite101, for instance, pays people to write freelance - might as well make some money if you're doing the work anyway. I do know, though, how hard it is to get the proverbial foot in the door.