CMT Music Awards

For those of us interested, Robert and Alison are nominated for two CMT Music Awards. These awards are fan voted and will air on CMT (Country Music Televsion) on June 16 8pm ET. They are up for: Wide Open Country Video for "Please Read the Letter" and CMT Performance of the Year for "Gone, Gone, Gone". Remember last year they won Wide Open Video for "Gone, Gone Gone." I tell you Raising Sand is still kicking some butt!! :D Congrats to them and good luck!! Voting is now open and the winners will be announced the night of the show.

http://www.cmt.com/cmt-music-awards/nominees.jhtml

For those of us interested, Robert and Alison are nominated for two CMT Music Awards. These awards are fan voted and will air on CMT (Country Music Televsion) on June 16 8pm ET. They are up for: Wide Open Country Video for "Please Read the Letter" and CMT Performance of the Year for "Gone, Gone, Gone". Remember last year they won Wide Open Video for "Gone, Gone Gone." I tell you Raising Sand is still kicking some butt!! :D Congrats to them and good luck!!

http://www.cmt.com/cmt-music-awards/nominees.jhtml

That is something i thought i would never hear.....Robert Plant and country music awards. :wtf:

That is something i thought i would never hear.....Robert Plant and country music awards. :wtf:

Huh?? I guess you haven't been keep up with the Raising Sand project. He's actually won two country awards for his collaboration with Alison: CMA Award last year and the CMT last year. Oh yeah and five grammies earlier this year. Just shows you never know what road life is going to take you! :D

Huh?? I guess you haven't been keep up with the Raising Sand project. He's actually won two country awards for his collaboration with Alison: CMA Award last year and the CMT last year. Oh yeah and five grammies earlier this year. Just shows you never know what road life is going to take you! :D

Melanie, I'm sure DD knows the Raising Sand project and is also aware of its success. But I think he just wants to say that this is something an old time Plant's fan would have never dreamed of some time ago. And I can relate. It is still weird, to say the least, to see Robert's name linked to the country music scenery.

Melanie, I'm sure DD knows the Raising Sand project and is also aware of its success. But I think he just wants to say that this is something an old time Plant's fan would have never dreamed of some time ago. And I can relate. It is still weird, to say the least, to see Robert's name linked to the country music scenery.

Oh yeah, I understand it does seem weird to see his name linked with country music, LOL!! I think it's kinda cool though. His musical journey post-Zeppelin has certainly been an interesting one. Who knows what he will do next. :D

I can't believe that these Raising Sand videos are still eligible! They won an award for Gone Gone Gone right after RS came out, then the next year they won a bunch more, and now they're up again! I mean, I know these are all different awards with different eligibility dates, and of course more power to Robert and Alison, but this does seem like the Energizer Bunny of albums. :D

I can't believe that these Raising Sand videos are still eligible! They won an award for Gone Gone Gone right after RS came out, then the next year they won a bunch more, and now they're up again! I mean, I know these are all different awards with different eligibility dates, and of course more power to Robert and Alison, but this does seem like the Energizer Bunny of albums. :D

duracell%20bunny.gif

:lol:

Nevermind, Honey, I don't think Matty Groves is the perfect example of a country song, but that's my opinion.

I like the song very much, though. :)

It's not a country song at all. I'd describe it more as English folk IMO but regardless, it is a great song and they did it great live :D

Thanks for posting the news Melanie :D Amazing the life this record has had! Good on them :thumbsup:

• 7 months later...

I don't see anything sad about it, nor would I describe Robert as hardcore rock. :huh:

Some of us do though Aqua find it sad that he has chosen a country path and would prefer him to rock than twang.

That doesn't mean we are not his fans anymore just not into his musical style he went with Alison Krauss.

To each his own. :)

To each his own, indeed. But I guess that's why I said I didn't agree Robert was hardcore rock, as he's always explored all sorts of different music (even with Zep), and the Americana path was just his most recent. I'm sure he'll soon be into something else altogether! Whatever, if it makes him happy, it doesn't make me sad. I just loved seeing him get all that long-overdue recognition. :)

To each his own, indeed. But I guess that's why I said I didn't agree Robert was hardcore rock, as he's always explored all sorts of different music (even with Zep), and the Americana path was just his most recent. I'm sure he'll soon be into something else altogether! Whatever, if it makes him happy, it doesn't make me sad. I just loved seeing him get all that long-overdue recognition. :)

I can agree with that! :D

Archived