JIMI HENDRIX MURDERED BY HIS MANAGER, claims roadie

TheZeppyWanderer

I read this in the paper at the weekend. Seems a good story to sell a book.

The Mail? I read it, as well. I suppose it's entirely plausible, but I don't really believe it. No doubt, the writer won't be short of a few quid at the end of it all. Knowing me, I'll probably contribute towards that.

:o Rock roadie and author James 'Tappy' Wright claims that Jimi's manager Michael Jeffery amitted to killing the legendary guitarist.

http://www.planetrock.com/news-010609-2.htm

How's it going "TheZeppyWanderer?" I heard about this news and it would not surprise me one bit! I wouldn't be surprised if Mike Jeffery deliberately gave Jimi an overdose that would strongly contribute to his death. Please remember that Jimi was still alive in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. The problem was that the ambulance workers strapped Jimi's head against the inside ambulance vehicle wall and Jimi could not breathe because he was choking on his vomit. It was really the ambulance employees that were negligent and it is evident that they were fully responsible for Jimi's death. There was a big investigation in this mess and Jimi's death could have been avoided if precautions would have been taken properly.

Michael Jeffery was an asshole! He trapped Jimi into a binding contract that Jimi could not get out of. For years, Jimi seeked legal advise on how to get out of it but Jeffery had Jimi right where he wanted him. It is evident that Jeffery stole a lot of money from Jimi, it is also evident that Jeffery has deliberately drugged Jimi in the past on many occasions in an effort to sabatoge certain concerts such as THE BAND OF GYPSY'S concert at the Fillmore East in 1969-70. Mike Jeffery wanted the original Experience back together comprising of both Noel Redding and Mitch Mitchell. Jeffery hated the Band of Gypsy's idea. For Mike Jeffery being Jimi's manager, Jeffery did not take care of Jimi like he should have. Jimi Hendrix was the greatest guitarist that ever lived and he had a manager that treated him like shit! Jeffery should have stuck to the financial part and stayed out of Jimi's business when it came to his musical creativity. What manager treats their main star attraction like that?

In my opinion, Jimi's severe drug problem and severe depression would only worsen as a result of his unhappinesss of being trapped in a binding and unbreakable contract. A perfect example of Jimi's severe depression is watch Jimi's performance at the Isle Of Wight Festval in August 1970. Just look at how sad and depressed Jimi looked. Jimi was lost at that point! It would only get worse until Jimi lost his life on 18 September 1970. Mike Jeffery dragged Jimi through the mud with his overpowering control over Jimi. There is so much undetailed as well as unresolved mysteries in the Jimi Hendrix saga that I feel confident that there will be more stories that contain a lot of the truth, circulating in the future.

Now, would I be surprised if Michael Jeffery killed Jimi Hendrix? HELL NO! My only question to Rock Roadie and author James "Tappy" Wright who claims that Michael Jeffery admitted to him that he killed Jimi, is what took him so long in coming forward now? Michael Jeffery died in the early 1970's in a plane crash so he can't say anything or defend himself. In my opinion, Michael Jeffery is definitely guilty of giving Jimi not only an emotional breakdown, but deliberately over drugging Jimi on many occasions. Maybe Jeffery did give jimi that fatal overdose, maybe not. It would not surprise me if he did. ROCK ON!

The ambulance guys were found and questioned during the re-investigation a few years back. Jimi WAS NOT still alive in the ambulance, that's a myth. They found Jimi DEAD, no one else around, door wide open, dried vomit all over him.

Any time a famous person dies, the conspiracy stories are soon to follow. Marilyn Monroe, JFK, Elvis, you name it. And don't get me started on all this "911 Truth" stuff, it just shows you human nature, how people often feel a need to invent a bigger, more sinister story than the sorry actual truth.

The ambulance guys were found and questioned during the re-investigation a few years back. Jimi WAS NOT still alive in the ambulance, that's a myth. They found Jimi DEAD, no one else around, door wide open, dried vomit all over him.

Any time a famous person dies, the conspiracy stories are soon to follow. Marilyn Monroe, JFK, Elvis, you name it. And don't get me started on all this "911 Truth" stuff, it just shows you human nature, how people often feel a need to invent a bigger, more sinister story than the sorry actual truth.

How's it going "badgeholder?" I'm just stating the facts from books! And I read that Jimi was still alive in the ambulance. As I said, the REAL truth still remains to be unfolded in the Jimi Hendrix saga. No telling how much was really covered up. ROCK ON!

^ I've always read he was found and pronounced dead in his hotel room, with pills scattered alongside him on the night stand. As much as I love him and and his music, I always believed it was suicide because of his severe mental state at the time.

How's it going "badgeholder?" You have really inspired me to dig through my many numerous JIMI HENDRIX biographies and seek the truth which is what I'm all about! What thing that I do agree with you on is that the truth in the JIMI HENDRIX saga has been twisted around so much, that the lies became the truth for a long time! While there were two people involved, only one was mainly responsible for all of these lies especially since this person changed her version of the events leading to Jimi's death on 18 September 1970 so many times, that the truth still remains. These two people, one being The Animals lead vocalist Eric Burden, who desperately tried removing any evidence from Jimi's pad such as drugs, and the main instigator that would deliberately change her stories more than once in order to confuse everyone as to what really happened. Her name is Monika Dannemann. Upon reading all of her many different accounts, one would be suspicious into thinking that Monika Dannemann kept changing her stories in order to clear her name of any wrongdoing. And Eric Burden would go on public television and tell the audience that Jimi's death was a suicide because of the poem that he left next to his bed. This is how and where the suicide rumors surrounding Jimi's death really began. However, Eric would later say that the poem was not a suicide note but rather lyrics to a new song that Jimi had written on 17 September 1970 entitled "The Story Of Life."

As for the events that took place on 18 September 1970, again, Monika Dannemann was the main instigator in changing and fabricating different story versions as to whether Jimi was alive or not or whether the ambulance employees were negligent in handling Jimi's situation in a proper manner. While there are Hendrix biographies that state that Jimi was alive in the ambulance such as the book JIMI HENDRIX - ELECTRIC GYPSY Page 470 this account was only one of the many versions that Monika Dannemann told. The same can be said from the book entitled HENDRIX, THE FINAL DAYS in which Dannemann does state that Hendrix was still alive when he was in the ambulance. Dannemann also questioned why the ambulance strapped Jimi to a chair and kept pushing his head up everytime his head came down. Dannemann also mentioned that there was vomit visible on the ambulance floor. The book entitled SCUSE ME WHILE I KISS THE SKY, THE LIFE OF JIMI HENDRIX, on page 390 also verifies that the ambulance attendant strapped Jimi's head up in order to keep him from vomiting on the floor. According to these accounts, Jimi was still alive and trying to relieve the vomit that was trying to come out of him but it was hard being strapped with his head up. These accounts also stress that there was vomit visible in the ambulance as a result of Jimi trying to vomit while still strapped with his head up.

While Monika Dannemann was still changing her stories for many years and making accusations as to the possibility of foul play on the part of the ambulance on that September day in 1970, the case in the death of Jimi Hendrix was reopened in 1992 and a new investigation was being conducted. The conclussion of this investigation was issued in January 1992 by Press and Public Affairs Manager of the London Ambulance service named David Smith who not only states and challenges all the different testimonies and story versions that Monika Dannemann has given through the years, but new evidence now indicates that Monika Dannemann's testimony regarding the handling of Jimi in the ambulance is false since Dannemann was no where near the ambulance nor did she ever ride in the ambulance with Jimi as she stated that she did!

What really surprises me about all of this mess is that Dannemann admitted to changing her stories over and over again while she openly made serious accusations against the London Ambulance Service. And believe it or not, her testimonies were the truth for many years until 1992. That means that some of the JIMI HENDRIX biographies are not accurate. However, in my opinion, as I was reading throught the material in numerous books, it seems to me that Monika Dannemann was deliberately changing her stories because she was hiding something! It also seemed that she was always looking for someone else to blame in order to clear herself of any wrongdoing.

According to the book ROOM FULL OF MIRRORS, A BIOGRAPHY OF JIMI HENDRIX on page 344, in 1994, partially urged by kathy Etchingham, British authorities reopened the case of Jimi's death because Dannemann's stories had raised so many questions including claims of incompetence by medical authorities. That investigation concluded that Jimi was most certainly dead when the ambulance men arrived, that the emergency workers and doctors had done all they could in attempting to revive a dead man, and that much of Dannemann's stories were all questionable, if not all completely false. In the end of all of this mess, there are still unanswered questions as to why Monika Dannemann would deliberately change her stories many times which does give some speculation by making one wonder if she had anything to do with Jimi's death. With all of the lies and false accusations being given by her accounts through the years which was actually believed to be the truth for a very long time, the chances of ever getting the truth out of her would come to an end when Monika Dannemann would take her own life on 5 April 1996 and take the REAL truth of Jimi's death to her grave with her. This is such as sad story! ROCK ON!

:o Rock roadie and author James 'Tappy' Wright claims that Jimi's manager Michael Jeffery amitted to killing the legendary guitarist.

http://www.planetrock.com/news-010609-2.htm

How's it going "TheZeppyWanderer?" I bet that these allegations are going to trigger off a new investigation in the JIMI HENDRIX saga. As I stated in some of my previous posts, after all of these years, why is James "Tappy" Wright coming forward with these allegations now especially since Mike Jeffery is deceased? Wright alleges that Mike Jeffery stood to collect $2 Million dollars as a beneficiary on Hendrix's Life Insurance policy. Mike Jeffery, despite having Hendrix trapped and bound by contract, was worried that Hendrix was planning to fire him in favor of hiring a new handler. With this in mind, Wright also alleges that Jeffery told him in 1971, that Hendrix was worth more to him dead than alive.

Now here's where it really gets interesting. Wright would also allege, according to his new book, that Mike Jeffery confessed that he was in London the night of Jimi's death and together with some old friends, went to Monika Dannemann's hotel room unannounced, got a handful of pills and stuffed them into Jimi's mouth. Jeffery would then pour a few bottles of Red Wine deep into Jimi's windpipe.

Jeffery would later say to Wright that the son-of-a-bitch (Hendrix) was going to leave me! Jeffery would continue by saying to Wright: "If I lost him, I'd lose everything!" In my opinion, if Mike Jeffery was so concerned about Jimi leaving him by firing him, then why did Mike Jeffery treat Jimi so shitty for so many years? And again, my question to James "Tappy" Wright would be "WHY NOW AFTER ALL OF THESE YEARS?" It is my opinion that Wright is hoping to profit by financial gain with the release of his new upcoming book. If this story is true, DAMN Wright for waiting all of these years to tell the truth now when the truth would have been extremely vital and valuable THEN in seeking justice on Mike Jeffery while he was still alive. It is also my opinion that with all of these new allegations that has now surfaced, it now opens up a whole new speculation which makes me wonder if the late Monika Dannemann saw Mike Jeffery enter her hotel room on that fateful night and saw what he did to Jimi? If this is the case, it would then make sense as to why Monika Dannemann was deliberately fabricating and making up numerous lies as well as the many different story versions and accounts leading up to Hendrix's death on 18 September 1970. Dannemann would cover up the truth with lies! While this is only speculation on my part, the truth can never told by the parties involved because both Dannemann and Jeffery are now deceased. With all of this in mind, what good are these new serious allegations going to do now other than profit by financial gain with James "Tappy" Wright's new "tell all" book? ROCK ON!

That's all this is. People just need it to be something more--a significant death to go with what was to them a significant life.

I don't think he even necessarily committed suicide. At a time of massive over-indulgence in drugs, he just over-over-indulged. Tragic accident.

I always found it kind of weird that Janis Joplin died less than a month later. Plus the whole 27 club thing.

Maybe Jimi's manager decided to off her too. :blink::lol: Seriously, must have been a shocker back then that they died so close apart. But when you use heroin like she did and mix alcohol and pills like Jimi did you are asking for trouble. Accidents like those can easily happen and in these cases did.

It's just a BS story by a dude who needs the money. Jimi's death was an accident from mixing downers and alcohol. People die like that everyday somewhere.

If the story were true why is this guy saying this now? And couldn't this guy be in trouble for not telling the police about the alleged confession? it's BS.

There is no evidence at all that Jimi was murdered but there is plenty of evidence that it was just a stupid accident caused by Jimi himself.

^ I've always read he was found and pronounced dead in his hotel room, with pills scattered alongside him on the night stand. As much as I love him and and his music, I always believed it was suicide because of his severe mental state at the time.

I think that this would be the "near as could be found truth", if that was in fact how he was found. As one former drug and alcohol abuser I can state truthfully that, "they (any drug) will mess with your head!"

I never hit the hard drug's but abused the lighter one's and alcohol for decades, I thought I was going to "die" 2 1/2 years ago when I first gave it all up! Maybe he was trying to do the same thing (quit) but didn't make it.

It's just a BS story by a dude who needs the money. Jimi's death was an accident from mixing downers and alcohol. People die like that everyday somewhere.

If the story were true why is this guy saying this now? And couldn't this guy be in trouble for not telling the police about the alleged confession? it's BS.

There is no evidence at all that Jimi was murdered but there is plenty of evidence that it was just a stupid accident caused by Jimi himself.

How's it going "spats?" Being a hard core HENDRIX fan, his death has always been a mystery to me. And with all of these new allegations surfacing, it even makes it more of a mystery why this asshole Wright is coming forward now after all of these years like you were just saying. While it is so easy to say that HENDRIX committed suicide, there were a lot more factors to consider in the HENDRIX saga than meets the eye. In my opinion, I really don't think that we have heard all of the REAL truth yet. Maybe some, but not all of it. The way I see it, what sense does it make now with the main parties are already deceased? The reason no one ever suspected murder then is because it was hard to get the REAL TRUTH or a decent testimony out of the late Monika Dannemann who was Jimi's girlfriend at the time and was supposedly with Jimi on the night he died. I really do know how you feel and where you are coming from concerning this mess. This case will probably remain a "what if" mystery since many pieces are still missing from the puzzle. As for it being a possible Suicide, you can't rule that out either considering Jimi's business, musical and personal circumstances along with the deep depression and emotional breakdown being mixed with the drugs. Jimi was on the verge of a real mental breakdown and it was only a matter of time when everything would come to a head. Sadly, Jimi's death on 18 September 1970 would be the unexpected result. ROCK ON!

This is very weird. Something how all these conspiracy theories come out years after a person's death. All I have to say, his death was very sudden and tragic

How's it going "Melanie_72?" I hope all is well with you. I agree with you and I know how you feel. This case has been ongoing on and off for years. The real conclussion is that there is not enough true facts in order to conduct a real investigation. I will always wonder why Wright is coming out with all of these new allegations now. ROCK ON!

How's it going "Melanie_72?" I hope all is well with you. I agree with you and I know how you feel. This case has been ongoing on and off for years. The real conclusion is that there is not enough true facts in order to conduct a real investigation. I will always wonder why Wright is coming out with all of these new allegations now. ROCK ON!

Hey there. Things are fine here and hope they are for you also. Seems that everytime someone famous passes away tragically and suddenly, many times it is years before someone comes forward with "new" information about what happened. Sadly, for some, they just cannot let R.I.P.

Hey there. Things are fine here and hope they are for you also. Seems that everytime someone famous passes away tragically and suddenly, many times it is years before someone comes forward with "new" information about what happened. Sadly, for some, they just cannot let R.I.P.

How's it going "Melanie_72?" If this story is true, I hope that Wright gets into trouble for deliberately withholding crucial evidence after all of these years and waiting until now to disclose these serious allegations. I also hope that Wright doesn't get a cent of royalties from his new upcoming "tell all" book! ROCK ON!

Archived