An Interview with Jimmy Page and Robert Plant

Otto Masson

:lol: Yeah, it's really a pity these aren't surfacing. Jimmy sure didn't like how Rolling Stone had covered the band in the past. Jann Wenner probably never liked Led Zeppelin, but there were people on Rolling Stone who did get what they were all about - Robert Palmer for one - although it wasn't until the young Cameron Crowe that the band made the front cover. In 1975! :rolleyes:

I wish the pictures from the original photosession weren't destroyed. I'd like to see Jimmy with a bucket of black roses. :lol:^_^

I heard that he couldn't find any black roses so he bought two dozen dead roses!.......lol, Crow stated: "Jimmys chilling stare made the photo that would have been a 'Rolling Stone' cover to rival the best"..... it's such a shame that the film was dammaged.

• 1 month later...

That was a great article - thanks so much, Otto.

I like JP's idea of going around rural England with Pagey's Traveling Medicine Show - it's not too late, Jimmy! Or maybe it is. Interesting to hear his sense, as a 31-year old, that time was running out very quickly, and there was hardly enough time to accomplish all he wanted to.

Archived