Stairway to Excess

I recently posted one of Lisa's old Creem stories about Led Zeppelin, and will be posting more of them soon now, but I decided to post this one first, before I go on with the 70's stuff. Here she is looking back on her Led Zeppelin experiences in 2003. Hope you enjoy it. First of all here's a photo that I've enlarged, of the author and the late Ahmet Ertegun together on the Starship.

LisaAhmetOMSC.jpg

And now the article itself.

VFOMSC_01.jpg

VFOMSC_02.jpg

VFOMSC_03.jpg

VFOMSC_04.jpg

I recently posted one of Lisa's old Creem stories about Led Zeppelin, and will be posting more of them soon now, but I decided to post this one first, before I go on with the 70's stuff. Here she is looking back on her Led Zeppelin experiences in 2003. Hope you enjoy it. First of all here's a photo that I've enlarged, of the author and the late Ahmet Ertegun together on the Starship.

Thanks for sharing the entire article, Otto! :D It looks like fascinating reading. I've recently wondered if Lisa Robinson ever talked about her experiences with Zep. I loved her Creem articles. When you posted the scans of her '73 article, I mentioned that, IMO, she was the first journalist who understood Zep and posed questions that elicited the most interesting and candid responses from the band members.

Thanks again! :thumbsup:

Wonderful read, thanks Donald, er, I mean Otto...

Quotes that make you go, hmmmmm:

“No one knows how long this can go on. Look at Sinatra. He came to terms with his age and the time, and we can do that too. Who do they say is getting old and can’t do it anymore – Jagger? Oh, he’ll go on forever and ever.” Robert Plant 1977

:D

“There’s a tune left in us somewhere. We have a tune somewhere, the three of us. We could go back somehow, at some point, to that chord. And that chord has no color – it’s open to whatever direction we give it. At some point.” Robert Plant 2003

I love how poetic he has become now.

Thanks for all your responses, people! :D

Well, SunChild, I'd started using Donald Duck in my avatar on the old board long before realizing that another old-timer on the boards was using Donald too - and indeed calling himself Donald; he hadn't been active for a while I think.

One thing that makes me laugh is Robert's statement that 'Some nights when I look out I want to fuck the entire front row' - that has to be just as ridiculously over the top as 'I'm a Golden God!' He may have LSD [Lead Singer Disease] pretty badly, but hey, we love that about him! :P

Thanks for all your responses, people! :D

Well, SunChild, I'd started using Donald Duck in my avatar on the old board long before realizing that another old-timer on the boards was using Donald too - and indeed calling himself Donald; he hadn't been active for a while I think.

One thing that makes me laugh is Robert's statement that 'Some nights when I look out I want to fuck the entire front row' - that has to be just as ridiculously over the top as 'I'm a Golden God!' He may have LSD [Lead Singer Disease] pretty badly, but hey, we love that about him! :P

:lol: Back then, the rest of the band didn't do too badly either. And, you are right, just one of the many things that we love about Led Zeppelin. :lol:

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?s...mp;#entry117028

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Great article. Lisa Robinson seems to tell it like it was (or at least what it seemed like to her back in the day). Either way, I enjoyed the read. Most of it I had read before (in one form or another), but there were a few things that were either new and surprising to me.

Archived