What Can You Play?

ledzep45

I can play most of their stuff, but what is most challenging to me is their Folk stuff.. Bron-Y-Aur Stomp in particular.

Hopefuly when i'm older I can play stuff like that. I would love to be able to play one of my fav zep songs: Thats the way.

I play almost of their riffs, but I can play these whole songs:

Good Times Bad Times, Stairway To Heaven, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, The Ocean, Dazed And Confused ( With violin bow, but without wah wah, because i still don't have it... :'( ), You Shook Me, Whole Lotta Love, The Lemon Song ( I don't have delay effect still, but I can make it cool without it...), Moby Dick, Stairway To Heaven, Over The Hills And Far Away, The Rover, Houses Of The Holy, Kashmir ( Everybody knows it! :D ), Tangerine, All My Love, and others...

I play almost of their riffs, but I can play these whole songs:

Good Times Bad Times, Stairway To Heaven, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, The Ocean, Dazed And Confused ( With violin bow, but without wah wah, because i still don't have it... :'( ), You Shook Me, Whole Lotta Love, The Lemon Song ( I don't have delay effect still, but I can make it cool without it...), Moby Dick, Stairway To Heaven, Over The Hills And Far Away, The Rover, Houses Of The Holy, Kashmir ( Everybody knows it! :D ), Tangerine, All My Love, and others...

Sounds cool! I forgot I can also play Moby dick on guitar.

Hopefuly when i'm older I can play stuff like that. I would love to be able to play one of my fav zep songs: Thats the way.

I started to learn That's the Way a few months ago.. I forgot why I didn't finish learning it lol. It's easy enough, though. The tuning is open G, I think.

I started to learn That's the Way a few months ago.. I forgot why I didn't finish learning it lol. It's easy enough, though. The tuning is open G, I think.

Cheers. I will probably ask my guitar teacher about it.

Can play Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, HMMT, Tangerine, Custard Pie, Dancing Days, Rain Song, and Kashmir.

Have played HMMT, Custard Pie, Dancing Days and Tangerine in my old band.

Looking forward to getting back to playing live with my little brother as a two piece acoustic band. He's made more of his musical endeavors, playing 24 shows on the Vans Warped tour in 2 years. He plays bass in that band. He's gonna buy a upright bass when we get this rolling. Looking forward to doing interesting versions of songs. I recently purchased a ukulele, and he just bought a mandolin.

• 3 weeks later...
Can play Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, HMMT, Tangerine, Custard Pie, Dancing Days, Rain Song, and Kashmir.

Have played HMMT, Custard Pie, Dancing Days and Tangerine in my old band.

Looking forward to getting back to playing live with my little brother as a two piece acoustic band. He's made more of his musical endeavors, playing 24 shows on the Vans Warped tour in 2 years. He plays bass in that band. He's gonna buy a upright bass when we get this rolling. Looking forward to doing interesting versions of songs. I recently purchased a ukulele, and he just bought a mandolin.

Sounds good, hope you your band goes alright. I have nearly finished Stairway! YAY!

26 years.

Jesus! Thats a long time. Nearly double my age. I have been playing guitar for about 4 or 5 years and I played the drums for 2 years but I stopped for some reason.......but I would like to start having lessons again. Led Zeppelin are a great influence on musician's (in my opinion).

I used to know Stairway to Heaven, Immigrant Song, and some others on drums but its been a while. I can still play Immigrant Song though, at least the basic part, since its really easy.

I *could* theoretically learn any of their songs if I really wanted to, though there's a few tricky ones like Good Times Bad Times and Fool In The Rain.

Ok I've said this before but I think I'll say it one more time, in release/track listing order:

Led Zeppelin:

Good Times, Bad Times - full

You Shook Me - full

Dazed and Confused - both in full the live and studio versions (even the bow solo)

Your Time Is Gonna Come - full

Communication Breakdown - full (I really enjoy doing the live extended solos)

I Can't Quit You Bay - full

How Many More Times - full (I can't quite get the bow part, but I'm close)

Led Zeppelin 2:

Whole Lotta Love - full, I also know various songs from the medleys

What Is And What Should Never Be - full

Lemon Song - full

Thank You - full

Heartbreaker - full

Living Loving Maid - full, This probably is Zep's easiest solo

Ramble On - full

Moby Dick - full

Bring It On Home - full

Led Zeppelin 3:

Immigrant Song - full, including the live solo

Friends - pretty dam close to full

Celebration Day - I only know the live version

Since I've Been Loving You - Well I don't know every second of it but I do know alot

Out On The Tiles - full

Gallows Pole - full

That's The Way - I don't know the chorus or the ending part but I play something close to it

Hey, Hey What Can I Do - full, I know not on Led Zeppelin 3 but close

Led Zeppelin 4:

Black Dog - full

Rock and Roll - full, I generally go for TSRTS 73 version of the solo

The Battle Of Evermore - full, who said Zep folk songs are hard :D

Stairway To Heaven - full, still trying to nail the solo so I usually go for my own extended version

Misty Mountain Hop - full

Four Sticks - I don't "know" the chorus but I could fool you into thinking I do, unless you Jimmy

When The Levee Breaks - I learned a way in standard tuning

Houses Of The Holy:

The Song Remains The Same - full

The Rain Song - full, nice to play for "the girl you like"

Over The Hills and Far Away - full, I enjoy playing the extended 72 live solo much more than the album

The Crunge - full, easiest Zep song for guitar

Dancing Days - full

No Quater - full, I like playing TSRTS solo version better than the album

The Ocean - full

Physical Graffiti:

The Rover - full

In My Time Of Dying - I don't know the solo but I can again diddle along with it

Trampled Underfoot - full

Kashmir - full

Down By The Seaside - full acoustic version on Another Way To Wales

Black Country Woman - full

Sick Again - full, my favorite Zep solo to play

Presence:

Achilles Last Stand - full

Nobody's Fault But Mine - full

In Through The Out Door:

Hot Dog

All My Love

CODA:

Were Gonna Groove

From The Medleys and other live songs:

The Girl I Love

Long Tall Sally

Honey Bee

Let's Have A Party

That's Alright

Boogie Chillun

Fixin To Die

For What It's Worth

Well...that's about it although I may have missed some of the medley songs I know, I've been playing for three years (I think I started when I was 12) with no lessons if anyone wants to know.

Jesus! Thats a long time. Nearly double my age. I have been playing guitar for about 4 or 5 years and I played the drums for 2 years but I stopped for some reason.......but I would like to start having lessons again. Led Zeppelin are a great influence on musician's (in my opinion).

LOL. Had a feeling. I agree with you being a long time. It's been great fun and I have very cool memories and experiences to last a lifetime. Zeppelin was a major influence on me and it seems to be for you as well. Keep playing and get it out there for your generation to enjoy. It's timeless music and I think it's fantastic that the younger generation is appreciating it as I did. Best of luck to you with your playing.

LOL. Had a feeling. I agree with you being a long time. It's been great fun and I have very cool memories and experiences to last a lifetime. Zeppelin was a major influence on me and it seems to be for you as well. Keep playing and get it out there for your generation to enjoy. It's timeless music and I think it's fantastic that the younger generation is appreciating it as I did. Best of luck to you with your playing.

Cheers B)

@pinky: D'you have a video on youtube?

No, but I was thinking about getting a camera for christmas so that would obviously allow me to add a video to YT. I also failed to mention I play guitar.

Why do you ask?

Bonzo the link doesnt work for your myspace... cant check out the tunes. Maybe its just my computer.

For my band he do alot of stuff that is zep unfluenced. thers alot of tabb memorizers out there that once there tabs are gone they cant play much. So if you can do it by ear i commend you, but any one can sit down and map out a song with enough time and patience. it also all depends what you play your instrument for. If its just the joy of learning others music then go balls deep meng. BUt if you really want to learn then theres different options availible that might make you a better player. All in all every learns different i have just always taken pride within myself playing something influenced and new rather then copied.

Archived