led zep trivia

timbozephead

• 4 months later...

The 'is he part Chinese/Japanese?' question is gonna piss a lot of people off here - not because it's offensive, but because it's such an old rumour, completely false, and it won't die. His mother isn't Chinese, his grandparents aren't Chinese, his great grandparents aren't Chinese. Jimmy has said himself that he is 100% British, and he's 'not aware of any Asian ancestry'. How people are able to deduce he's 1/8 Chinese (I'm looking at you, YouTube) is beyond me. He has also said that he used to be bullied at school for having 'Asian' eyes. I'm sure he pretty much wishes he were, if it meant not being bullied. But, no, he's not Chinese, he's not Japanese, he's not Asian. He's British, with Irish ancestry.

The 'is he part Chinese/Japanese?' question is gonna piss a lot of people off here - not because it's offensive, but because it's such an old rumour, completely false, and it won't die. His mother isn't Chinese, his grandparents aren't Chinese, his great grandparents aren't Chinese. Jimmy has said himself that he is 100% British, and he's 'not aware of any Asian ancestry'. How people are able to deduce he's 1/8 Chinese (I'm looking at you, YouTube) is beyond me. He has also said that he used to be bullied at school for having 'Asian' eyes. I'm sure he pretty much wishes he were, if it meant not being bullied. But, no, he's not Chinese, he's not Japanese, he's not Asian. He's British, with Irish ancestry.

Exactly!!!

On a different note, Jimmy has some of the prettiest eyes I've ever seen..:)

Yup!

The rumor does get on my nerves, too. <_< No offense to timbozephead, but I've never even seen a speck of Asian in him. Not even in his eyes. I don't get how people could think he is part Asian.

Yup!

The rumor does get on my nerves, too. <_< No offense to timbozephead, but I've never even seen a speck of Asian in him. Not even in his eyes. I don't get how people could think he is part Asian.

I'm sorry, but what really gets on your nerves? People kept saying that or it would bother you if he was part asian(which I know he isn't)?

I'm sorry, but what really gets on your nerves? People kept saying that or it would bother you if he was part asian(which I know he isn't)?

I think the fact the question is repeatedly answered but keeps being asked, not if he was actually part Asian (at least that's how I read it and certainly hope that's what they meant).

I certainly see it and understand why it keeps being asked. However, it has been answered a hundred times now.

Yeah that's my point as well. It's kinda funny for me as a chinese, on one hand I have seen the question/answer so many times that it has become annoying, on the other hand I feel uneasy when people talk about it like being chinese/asian is something graceless.

Maybe it's just me needing some cooling ;) .

Off topic: does anybody think Freddie Mercury looks asian? He, on the contrary of Jimmy, did have asian blood. But I've never seen it discussed as an issue.

whoa thanks for the info

Yeah that's my point as well. It's kinda funny for me as a chinese, on one hand I have seen the question/answer so many times that it has become annoying, on the other hand I feel uneasy when people talk about it like being chinese/asian is something graceless.

Off topic: does anybody think Freddie Mercury looks asian? He, on the contrary of Jimmy, did have asian blood. But I've never seen it discussed as an issue.

If Jimmy were Chinese/Asian it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. It bothers me that some people are so certain, that they refuse to listen to the truth, or that they, like you said, kind of see it as something that is wrong. If it were true, it wouldn't be wrong at all - it's an ethnicity, how can it be wrong? It only irritates me in the same vein as the whole STH backmasking thing does. It's myth. It's been refuted, yet people still insist on it.

Freddy looked Asian when he was younger, but I couldn't see it in his later years. I guess it's more of a 'taboo' for an ethinicity to be discussed if it isn't obvious/been confirmed. When I was at school everyone was adamant that I was Irish - I have red hair. Nothing I could say would persuade them otherwise. A few years later it actually turned out that I did have Irish ancestry, but the point was just because I had a 'look', people were hell-bent on assuming that I was.

I remember watching a documentary on Freddie years ago, and I'm certain they mentioned that he had roots in India. I could be wrong though since it's been long time when I saw it.

I can understand how you feel though I do think it's more people just trying to figure out Jimmy's background rather than it being an issue if he was of Asian descent.

Freddie I don't think looked Asian but wasn't his background part Indian?

Freddie I don't think looked Asian but wasn't his background part Indian?

Yes, his parents were Zoroastrians in India, whose ancestry went back to Persian.

And yes, I think I've overreacted a bit towards that thing. I've received some harsh words on the internet because of my nationality but never here on this board, which I sincerely appreciate.

That people keep saying that. I'm sorry if it sounded like I didn't like Asian people, some of my best friends are Asian. We good?? :)

That people keep saying that. I'm sorry if it sounded like I didn't like Asian people, some of my best friends are Asian. We good?? :)

No fault between us. Don't worry. :toast: (it's non-alcohol since you're still underage :D )

Yes, his parents were Zoroastrians in India, whose ancestry went back to Persian.

And yes, I think I've overreacted a bit towards that thing. I've received some harsh words on the internet because of my nationality but never here on this board, which I sincerely appreciate.

I'm sorry to hear you've gotten harsh words against you for your nationality :( I never understood why people would act that way.

Archived