Possible return to the studio in January for Robert

MHD

filed on November 26th, 2008 by Press Officer

Hancock of the Birmingham Evening Mail (UK) reports a conversation he had with Robert in Bilston on November 6, 2008. Robert indicated that he would be returning to the studio in January to record a follow up to “Raising Sand”

The Evening Mail writes:

Robert Plant tries to avoid questions about his role in the proposed Led Zeppelin reunion tour - but Hancock managed to steer him in that direction at Bilston’s Robin 2 club.

Robert made a surprise on-stage appearance to mark singer Ricky Cool’s 30 years in music and confirmed to Hancock he would not be joining Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham on the road. He said it was partly because he’d be busy working on the follow-up to his awardwinning Raising Sand LP.

“In January, I’m starting to record a new album with Alison Krauss and T Bone Burnett,” he revealed, before adding “but I understand that everyone’s got to eat,” implying that the Plant-less Led Zep has his blessing.

But before he joined the Big Town Playboys on stage for a couple of bluesy numbers, he imparted one piece of significant information: “They won’t be calling it Led Zeppelin!

in the name of early LZ, what does it have to do with eating?... Implications of Robert's current moody ways are numberless.

People, just stop talking to him at all, he's got NOTHING new to say in addition to blasting "cock rock" and promoting his Raising Sand 2. :blink:

he imparted one piece of significant information: "They won't be calling it Led Zeppelin!

I'm glad he stated this, even though there are still going to be discussions if they are going to call it that or not. :rolleyes:

I hope he changes his mind................... about touring that is! I don't care if he tours as a solo mime... I would love to see him on stage again next year. Just for purely selfish reasons of course. I need something interesting to do this summer. :)

Boy that 2 years off went bye quickly didn't it <_<

After those dates, Robert has no intention whatsoever of touring with anyone for at least the next two years.

This is the quote from his statement. He said he would not TOUR in the next two years. Never said there won't be new albums.

filed on November 26th, 2008 by Press Officer

Hancock of the Birmingham Evening Mail (UK) reports a conversation he had with Robert in Bilston on November 6, 2008. Robert indicated that he would be returning to the studio in January to record a follow up to “Raising Sand”

The Evening Mail writes:

Robert Plant tries to avoid questions about his role in the proposed Led Zeppelin reunion tour - but Hancock managed to steer him in that direction at Bilston’s Robin 2 club.

Robert made a surprise on-stage appearance to mark singer Ricky Cool’s 30 years in music and confirmed to Hancock he would not be joining Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham on the road. He said it was partly because he’d be busy working on the follow-up to his awardwinning Raising Sand LP.

“In January, I’m starting to record a new album with Alison Krauss and T Bone Burnett,” he revealed, before adding “but I understand that everyone’s got to eat,” implying that the Plant-less Led Zep has his blessing.

But before he joined the Big Town Playboys on stage for a couple of bluesy numbers, he imparted one piece of significant information: “They won’t be calling it Led Zeppelin!

thanks, MissHD. Happy thanksgiving to you. :D

R B)

in the name of early LZ, what does it have to do with eating?... Implications of Robert's current moody ways are numberless.

People, just stop talking to him at all, he's got NOTHING new to say in addition to blasting "cock rock" and promoting his Raising Sand 2. :blink:

:wtf:

Man just says he doesn't want to stand in the way of Jimmy and co. earning a living, and says what he'll be doing instead. What's moody about that??? He's entitled to say whatever the hell he likes, including promoting his own work, which you can be darn sure Jimmy and co. will be doing (and quite right too) if and when they finally produce some.

I'm curious what the second album will be like and if there will be any original songs included. There was some talk a while back about collaborating on new material but whether any surfaced or will surface remains to be seen.

Pinky - wouldn't you want to hear the album or some tracks off it before deciding not to buy it? Seems a bit premature to make a statement without knowing what it will be like.

I'm curious what the second album will be like and if there will be any original songs included. There was some talk a while back about collaborating on new material but whether any surfaced or will surface remains to be seen.

I am also curious to see how much original material they will come up with. I would like to hear them do more originals this time around, although I wouldn't mind a couple of covers.

Pinky - wouldn't you want to hear the album or some tracks off it before deciding not to buy it? Seems a bit premature to make a statement without knowing what it will be like.

I hope some original material is on the cards. If it is, then I'd make an honest effort to see them otherwise, more covers, at this stage, just doesn't do it for me. I am willing to listen though :D

Honestly...I'm am really fed up of Plant statements, very often full of sarcasm. I never liked his way to talk rubbish about other musicians or groups (Rod Stewart, Rolling, Who, etc.).His most recent statement "but I understand that everyone's got to eat" means "they are doing it for the money because they don't have anything better to do to make a living". Please Robert, do your next fantastic and innovative country album!? and leave them doing what they want !!!

Honestly...I'm am really fed up of Plant statements, very often full of sarcasm. I never liked his way to talk rubbish about other musicians or groups (Rod Stewart, Rolling, Who, etc.).His most recent statement "but I understand that everyone's got to eat" means "they are doing it for the money because they don't have anything better to do to make a living". Please Robert, do your next fantastic and innovative country album!? and leave them doing what they want !!!

He has wished them well and is leaving them to do what they want.

Even the article stated that this phrase was just implying that he was giving Jimmy's new project his blessing (in a slightly humorous way, though I fail to see any sarcasm). I think some of the responses to it are just showing that people will absolutely go out of their way to find something to be offended by in the most inoffensive statement. What I am really fed up with is people actually starting threads (not referring to MissHoneydripper, of course :) ) to express their outrage over this total trivia.

Even the article stated that this phrase was just implying that he was giving Jimmy's new project his blessing (in a slightly humorous way, though I fail to see any sarcasm). I think some of the responses to it are just showing that people will absolutely go out of their way to find something to be offended by in the most inoffensive statement. What Iam really fed up with is people actually starting threads (not referring to MissHoneydripper, of course :) ) to express their outrage over this total trivia.

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Even the article stated that this phrase was just implying that he was giving Jimmy's new project his blessing (in a slightly humorous way, though I fail to see any sarcasm). I think some of the responses to it are just showing that people will absolutely go out of their way to find something to be offended by in the most inoffensive statement. What I am really fed up with is people actually starting threads (not referring to MissHoneydripper, of course :) ) to express their outrage over this total trivia.

Good point Aqua. I think we have a thread dedicated to "Plantations" somewhere on this forum. I think this recent "everybody needs to eat" remark would qualify. Personally, I found it humorous and I would be very suprised to find out that it was intended as anything else

Good point Aqua. I think we have a thread dedicated to "Plantations" somewhere on this forum. I think this recent "everybody needs to eat" remark would qualify. Personally, I found it humorous and I would be very suprised to find out that it was intended as anything else

Every little remark he makes is overanalyzed and hacked to the point that he may as well run for political office. No matter what he says, the Plant haters will turn it into something diabolical or malicious. If he were to tell someone to have a nice day, it would be misinterpreted as somehow sarcastic. He can't win right now as far as the media/Internet goes, and that is a shame.

Every little remark he makes is overanalyzed and hacked to the point that he may as well run for political office. No matter what he says, the Plant haters will turn it into something diabolical or malicious. If he were to tell someone to have a nice day, it would be misinterpreted as somehow sarcastic. He can't win right now as far as the media/Internet goes, and that is a shame.

He'd have an easier time running for political office :D

Archived