Jimmy page and JPJ at Extreme gig, looking for singer?

vanhalen77

I hope they weren't. I do know that JPJ knows Nuno Bettencourt from the guitar wars thing he did. I really don't like Gary's voice that much, though. It's a possibility but, honestly, I hope it doesn't happen.

Welcome to the forums, BTW. :)

thanks for that mate.

Hi all, saw Extreme on monday night, Jimmy page and JPJ in the audience. They played Communication Breakdown at the end, just wondering if they were checking out Gary. I know hes sung for Van Halen, would he moonlight again????

I hope not. Jimmy and JPJ I would hope were aware of what happened when Gary Cherone joined Van Halen and the disasterous record called Van Halen 3. The only reason why people remember Van Halen 3 was because it tanked so quickly 10 years ago. People stayed away from it in huge droves! I remembered hearing the premiere of the CD on the radio and thought, "you guys can't be serious about putting this out!" Other than that the CD probably makes a great drink coaster now.

I just hope Robert Plant decides to rejoin the band. It probably isn't likely but I think Jimmy, JPJ and Jason Bonham really need to find someone very special to do it right. I don't think people like Chris Cornell or that guy from Alter Bridge would be good choices. I think they should do what they did 40 years ago and that is pluck someone from obscurity.

Thanks for the news. Nice to hear something about Extreme. Really cool...more than words.

Nuno and JPJ wouldnt be so bad......... :)

I dont know...I just think they can do much better than this...can't they????

I hope not. Jimmy and JPJ I would hope were aware of what happened when Gary Cherone joined Van Halen and the disasterous record called Van Halen 3. The only reason why people remember Van Halen 3 was because it tanked so quickly 10 years ago. People stayed away from it in huge droves! I remembered hearing the premiere of the CD on the radio and thought, "you guys can't be serious about putting this out!" Other than that the CD probably makes a great drink coaster now.

I just hope Robert Plant decides to rejoin the band. It probably isn't likely but I think Jimmy, JPJ and Jason Bonham really need to find someone very special to do it right. I don't think people like Chris Cornell or that guy from Alter Bridge would be good choices. I think they should do what they did 40 years ago and that is pluck someone from obscurity.

Yeah, Van Halen 3 tanked and worse! It was a joke; people wondered whether Eddie had lost his mind in a flood of booze and cocaine. I certainly hope they were just out for the night on Nuno's invite because if there is any thought or consideration that something Extreme is doing is at all related to the project they're working on, I'm afraid they're headed for the ditch. :unsure:

Chris Cornell would be probably the best option if the new music is to be hard rock stadium thump, might as well badmotorfinger it. Cornell said he's waiting for the call.

I would have figured by this point they would have already found a singer and were just waiting to announce it... eventually! The fact that they both Jimmy & JPJ were there makes me wonder. Purely speculation of course, but I'd be surprised if Gary agreed to do it after the whole Van Halen thing and the criticism surrounding it. But who knows... he's definitely the luckiest guy around it seems!

Chris Cornell would be probably the best option if the new music is to be hard rock stadium thump, might as well badmotorfinger it. Cornell said he's waiting for the call.

No he was not.

In an interview with the Toronto Sun, Cornell says:

"I would never do anything like that whether I were approached or not. It just doesn't make any sense to me at all. I would not want to go see me performing Led Zeppelin songs with the two other guys that used to be in a band called Led Zeppelin while Robert Plant is out somewhere touring."

Archived