Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
GoingDownLikeA...

Need help with some slang

I'm a young guy, so maybe the slang use of the word "ball" (other than in reference to testicles) is before my time, or maybe it's just not used in my area. But I'm wondering what it means in the context of Hey Hey What Can I Do?, "I got a woman, wanna ball all day". Given the context of the song I've been assuming it means sex, but I dunno. That's why I'm asking!

I'm a young guy, so maybe the slang use of the word "ball" (other than in reference to testicles) is before my time, or maybe it's just not used in my area. But I'm wondering what it means in the context of Hey Hey What Can I Do?, "I got a woman, wanna ball all day". Given the context of the song I've been assuming it means sex, but I dunno. That's why I'm asking!

You are correct, sir.

"Ball" is (or was, people don't use it so much now) a verb meaning to have sex, in the same sense as "fuck."

You are correct, sir.

"Ball" is (or was, people don't use it so much now) a verb meaning to have sex, in the same sense as "fuck."

It's also a big dance party usually for charity or an institution - Policemans Ball etc.

While it may relate to partying in this case it means:

Bonk, Pork, Root, Shag, you get the drift.

It's also a big dance party usually for charity or an institution - Policemans Ball etc.

While it may relate to partying in this case it means:

Bonk, Pork, Root, Shag, you get the drift.

Pork and root :o I've not heard those terms before :lol:

Pork and root :o I've not heard those terms before :lol:

I'm familiar with "pork"(living in the south) but "root" is totally new to me.

An endless plethora of knowledge is to be gained from the Led Zeppelin Forum.

And I like that.

I think in this context it is "bawl" because he is singing about how "she won't stay true" and "stays drunk all the time". And it is really a romantic song not one of their usual sex drenched anthems that we all love so much.

I think in this context it is "bawl" because he is singing about how "she won't stay true" and "stays drunk all the time". And it is really a romantic song not one of their usual sex drenched anthems that we all love so much.

You are dead wrong my friend! Ball means sex.I used to live in Massachusetts back in the day and it was widely used as such! :D

"looking for my streetcorner girl" and " Cuz I got a worried mind,sharing what I thought was mine." is far from romantic.

Listen to it in that context pinky! ;)

Plus she "does a midnight shift", in the bars with "the men who play guitars." ;)

Nope, we're talkin' porkin' here. :D

:hysterical:

And we ain't talkin' bout no pig pickin' neither :o

There was some bawlin' going on and I don't think it was his "woman" :boohoo:

And just to clarify, it's the woman who wants to ball all day and stays drunk all the time. She just won't be true!

(Hence the bawlin'. :D )

So the lesson is: Loose woman ballin' leads to grown man bawlin'

An eye for an I or something like that. :P