It Might Get Loud release date

aen27

As I said in the Ross Halfin thread last week, "a smiling Jimmy makes everything alright".

You got that right SAJ, and a visable smile is better! I posted Ross's latest pics on the hot pics thread, I didn't know if anyone had posted them yet. They are really great! Though, I don't like the special effects one too well...he could have pulled that concept off better.

Another really great article came out about this today.

Jimmy Page has the impish smile of a kid on Christmas morning. It lights up his whole face - his entire surroundings, really.

Watching him, you find yourself smiling simply because he's smiling, and it happens twice during the hypnotic and remarkable new documentary It Might Get Loud, which focuses with laser-beam intensity on the talents of guitarists The Edge, Jack White and, of course, Page himself.

The first time this occurs is in Page's house when he puts on an old vinyl single of Link Wray's Rumble. Listening to the languid, gravel-and-barbed wire-like guitar chords ring out and remarking on Wray's pioneering use of vibrato, Page is transported back to his youth, and his ear-to-ear grin is infectious.

Entire story here

Hi Everyone! It's been ages!! :wave:

Thanks Medhb. As alway's, it's nice to see you :):wave:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey everyone- getting really excited for the move release, and I see on the film's website that the date is August 14th. However, I haven't seen any info on a particular theatre(s) or have just missed them.

Anybody have details? Also, if anybody on this board is in NYC or will be in NYC for the premiere would love to hang out and grab a beer or two before/after going to the film.

Can't wait for this!

:cheer: That's great news! Doesn't say if it's a straight to dvd release or in the theater. Either way very excited to see this.

I have to admit, I don't buy or rent a lot of movies these days, so I'm not so keen on the topic, but would a film be premiered at every major film festival followed by press releases with celebs in attendance, etc. only to be released on DVD? I gotta think it's going to theatres, even if in limited number and in the more artsy-type locations? Just a thought ...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived