Ross's Diary

Cofa

I hope you're right. Thanks Aqua :)

Yeah I don't think he was mad about what was said about him because a few people were saying a few things he could've viewed as insulting even before he posted the pictures...back when he was talking about "of which I can say nothing."

If anything, it's free promotion for Ross and his photography for people to be talking about it here (built in fan base as word of mouth could help stir up more business and sales of said photographs that were removed). The "take away" is a good sales tactic, too (if that is what he did). Give the people a bit and then remove it (to create a buzz).

I can understand his decision if people were just copying his work and posting it on other sites while not paying for it, but he is the one that made a decision to have a website viewable for the public and it was his choice to have a diary (also viewable by the public).

He's a great photographer and we enjoy hearing about new shoots (especially about JP and anyone Zeppelin- related), so it is all his choice (either way).

R B)

If anything, it's free promotion for Ross and his photography for people to be talking about it here (built in fan base as word of mouth could help stir up more business and sales of said photographs that were removed). The "take away" is a good sales tactic, too (if that is what he did). Give the people a bit and then remove it (to create a buzz).

I can understand his decision if people were just copying his work and posting it on other sites while not paying for it, but he is the one that made a decision to have a website viewable for the public and it was his choice to have a diary (also viewable by the public).

He's a great photographer and we enjoy hearing about new shoots (especially about JP and anyone Zeppelin- related), so it is all his choice (either way).

R B)

Definately Agree

I respectfully disagree. The line "thinking they are some news authority" tells me he's upset with our judging the photos (i.e. "I think Jimmy's upset with Halfin for being late....").

But ya know what? It doesn't matter what you or I think. He will never post pictures of Jimmy again because of us. That's upsetting to me.

I think he's upset with fans acting as though they're reporting news by posting his photos etc. I don't think Ross really cares what we've said - I've read some of his responses to people's comments about him and he could give a toss. Not to mention I'm sure Zep fans aren't the only ones posting his photos on message boards :rolleyes:

I think he's upset with fans acting as though they're reporting news by posting his photos etc. I don't think Ross really cares what we've said - I've read some of his responses to people's comments about him and he could give a toss. Not to mention I'm sure Zep fans aren't the only ones posting his photos on message boards :rolleyes:

Um...why did he single out "Led Zeppelin websites" then... :huh:

I'm not speculating, I'm basing everything I say on what Ross Halfin himself said.

And "upset with fans acting as though they're reporting news" and "caring what people think" are the same thing.

Sorry, I don't mean to argue with you, I just don't follow your logic. Or why I deserved you rolling your eyes at me...

Um...why did he single out "Led Zeppelin websites" then... :huh:

I'm not speculating, I'm basing everything I say on what Ross Halfin himself said.

And "upset with fans acting as though they're reporting news" and "caring what people think" are the same thing.

Sorry, I don't mean to argue with you, I just don't follow your logic. Or why I deserved you rolling your eyes at me...

Oh Moonmaid I wasn't rolling my eyes at you - it was at Ross. Sorry for the confusion nor was I at all arguing with you at all! was just offering my interpretation. I was just saying I think he must have caught wind of the photos on this or other Zep related sites and used that as a reference but I am sure other sites also post his pics.

Anyways - apologies again :)

Oh Moonmaid I wasn't rolling my eyes at you - it was at Ross. Sorry for the confusion nor was I at all arguing with you at all! was just offering my interpretation. I was just saying I think he must have caught wind of the photos on this or other Zep related sites and used that as a reference but I am sure other sites also post his pics.

Anyways - apologies again :)

It's all good. My apolgies for misunderstanding you.

I've always wondered why he's so public with his pictures. I mean, he sells them right? And yet they are so easy to take.

Edit to add: :kiss: for the PM

It's all good. My apolgies for misunderstanding you.

I've always wondered why he's so public with his pictures. I mean, he sells them right? And yet they are so easy to take.

He has his copyright watermark on his pictures.

If some magazines want the bigger, clearer version without watermark they have to buy them. And if some people try to remove the watermark and take the pics for commercial use, Ross can of course sue them.

Good thing I saved the pictures to my hard drive before they were taken off muahahaha... :D Just kidding, I don't know what on earth I'd do with them besides maybe drool over them once or twice a day. :lol:

I respectfully disagree with your respectful disagreement :) , as he just said that the people who "mail them around" to Zep sites think they're some news authority, like the AP or something--and he didn't say he was never going to post any again,and in fact I'd be willing to bet good hard cash that he does.

In other words, things may not be as bad as you think! :console:

I agree, Aqua.

In due time, he will probably post some pics of Jimmy again.

But they willl probably be posted after the fact, not prior to any projects being made public.

Or, they will be casual pictures like the ones of Jimmy with Metallica, not pictures that are going to be used for publications that haven't been published yet.

Just my opinion. :)

Or it could just be that he was worried people would recognize that leather jacket as being the exact same one Plant wore at the Grammies! :blink:

Plant was gifted a 2 for 1 special from JCPenney. Of course he hooked his 3rd best friend up. They talk frequently and exchange coupons.

This from www.rosshalfin.com:

March 5

Spent a long day in the studio shooting Jimmy Page again. I started off slowly as I'd flown back from Amsterdam with the Prodigy ringing in my ears and I'd only had four hours sleep. I ended up shooting until 8pm and got a lot done for a variety of different projects he has ongoing. Now, I'm not putting anything up as I'm sick of people pulling photos off my site and mailing them around to Led Zeppelin websites thinking they are some news authority...

We went to dinner at Nobu off Berkeley Square. As we walked up the doorman with the velvet rope stopped us looked me up and down and said in an Eastern European accent, 'Do you have a booking?' 'Yes.' He looked me up and down again. 'What name?' I looked at him. 'No idea. NOW move the rope!' He looked at the other doorman 'What do you think?', then moved the rope. This to get into a restaurant. Fuck him and fuck Nobu - I won't go back there.

-----------------------

Fuck Nobu? Jimmy better learn to cook...quickly.

March 5

Spent a long day in the studio shooting Jimmy Page again. I started off slowly as I'd flown back from Amsterdam with the Prodigy ringing in my ears and I'd only had four hours sleep. I ended up shooting until 8pm and got a lot done for a variety of different projects he has ongoing. Now, I'm not putting anything up as I'm sick of people pulling photos off my site and mailing them around to Led Zeppelin websites thinking they are some news authority.

We went to dinner at Nobu off Berkeley Square. As we walked up the doorman with the velvet rope stopped us looked me up and down and said in an Eastern European accent, 'Do you have a booking?' 'Yes.' He looked me up and down again. 'What name?' I looked at him. 'No idea. NOW move the rope!' He looked at the other doorman 'What do you think?', then moved the rope. This to get into a restaurant. Fuck him and fuck Nobu - I won't go back there.

-----------------------

He really said that!?

:huh:

March 5

Spent a long day in the studio shooting Jimmy Page again. I started off slowly as I'd flown back from Amsterdam with the Prodigy ringing in my ears and I'd only had four hours sleep. I ended up shooting until 8pm and got a lot done for a variety of different projects he has ongoing. Now, I'm not putting anything up as I'm sick of people pulling photos off my site and mailing them around to Led Zeppelin websites thinking they are some news authority...

-----------------------

even if the pictures were posted here, they still have Ross's signiture on them, so what if we discuss them here, there's nothing wrong about discussing Jimmy's new photos on this site.

between... did Ross remove the new photos, coz i saw only one of the new pics the rest is gone :blink:

Archived