Recall Page "Technological Gypsies" Zep-era interview?

dpat

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can recall --and direct me to-- an interview Jimmy Page gave in "the latter days" of Zep where he MIGHT HAVE mentioned the term "technological gypsies" and where he stated his philosophy of finding one's lot in life, by doing what you liked best to do, and if you like your job you will succeed?

Thanks!

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can recall --and direct me to-- an interview Jimmy Page gave in "the latter days" of Zep where he MIGHT HAVE mentioned the term "technological gypsies" and where he stated his philosophy of finding one's lot in life, by doing what you liked best to do, and if you like your job you will succeed?

-- "Technological Gypsy" by John Ingham, published in March 13, 1976 'Sounds' (UK)

"It was recorded while the group was on the move, technological gypsies. No base, no home, all you could relate to was a new horizon and a suitcase. So there's a lot of movement and aggression. A lot of bad feeling towards being put in that situation."

-- Jimmy Page discussing 'Presence'

-- "Technological Gypsy" by John Ingham, published in March 13, 1976 'Sounds' (UK)

"It was recorded while the group was on the move, technological gypsies. No base, no home, all you could relate to was a new horizon and a suitcase. So there's a lot of movement and aggression. A lot of bad feeling towards being put in that situation."

-- Jimmy Page discussing 'Presence'

Thanks, Steve!!!

Archived