Plant Does Elvis w/ Rockpile

I didn't quite know where to put this so I just put it here. I've never seen or heard of this performance before. My regards if its appeared before. Enjoy!

Many thanks 'bigstickbonzo'

I have this on Betamax, must have been over 20 years now but still great to see the man do what he always did best, Rock n Roll. And enjoy I have, thanks again.

Regards, Danny

Many thanks 'bigstickbonzo'

I have this on Betamax, must have been over 20 years now but still great to see the man do what he always did best, Rock n Roll. And enjoy I have, thanks again.

Regards, Danny

Dan, its THIRTY years! :lol:

I think the video was played during the first hour that MTV was on the air- I watched quite a bit of MTV at the time & loved it every time they played it!

That's where I first discovered it! Ahh the days when MTV played videos...

Seems strange, looking back, to see Robert singing solo when he was still with Zeppelin at the time. Don't know why, really, as it was a one-off charity event. (Sort of the reverse of the way things are now, really!)

I know what you are saying. You almost want to think it was post Zep even though it wasn't.

Seems strange, looking back, to see Robert singing solo when he was still with Zeppelin at the time. Don't know why, really, as it was a one-off charity event. (Sort of the reverse of the way things are now, really!)

Well you know Bonzo and Jonesy were also there and come on for the finale, right? In fact the only one who didn't make it was Jimmy.

And Dan- I wasn't trying to correct you - just joining with you on a "where did the time go ?" moment. I too have the whole thing on Beta, remember watching it over and over, and have the vinyl. ;)

At the end of the song (little sister) someone said put the microphone down, any ideas?

It's really someone singing one chorus too many,I've always thought it was Nick Lowe.

I had this on 8 track and played the hell out of it in my car. I think it eventually melted in there. :o

And Dan- I wasn't trying to correct you - just joining with you on a "where did the time go ?" moment. I too have the whole thing on Beta, remember watching it over and over, and have the vinyl. ;)

I know Knebby, we need more humour on here, it was also the first time I realised just how tall Robert was on stage, or was every one else midgets?

Regards, Danny

Well you know Bonzo and Jonesy were also there and come on for the finale, right? In fact the only one who didn't make it was Jimmy.

Yeah, but seeing Robert there on his own singing with another band just looks strange to me now. I think it's because I immediately flash on Knebworth because of his hair, if that makes sense.

No it doesn't. :bagoverhead:

Yeah, but seeing Robert there on his own singing with another band just looks strange to me now. I think it's because I immediately flash on Knebworth because of his hair, if that makes sense.

No it doesn't. :bagoverhead:

That must be a "Strange Sensation" then, aye Aqua? :D

You are correct, Dan, but I see on TV that you can get an ointment for it now. :D

(Though with Strange Sensation themselves, being post-Zep, he didn't look strange at all, strangely. :unsure: )

Dont keep rubbing it in. :lol:

But you are "Strange" tonight Aqua. <_<

Archived