Tall Cool One Extended Mix... what the...

OK... I just picked this up at a record store yesterday and I about fainted. What the hell was Robert smoking when he sanctioned this?? RAP!? :huh: It is an acquired taste, I am sure I will get to like it eventually, but oh my God. :blink:

Sorry if there has been a thread on this before, I couldn't be arsed to find the old one.

Even the radio mix on the other side is missing something, although it sounds quite full bodied on vinyl, I must say.

Also included is White Clean and Neat. Interesting.

OK... I just picked this up at a record store yesterday and I about fainted. What the hell was Robert smoking when he sanctioned this?? RAP!? :huh: It is an acquired taste, I am sure I will get to like it eventually, but oh my God. :blink:

Sorry if there has been a thread on this before, I couldn't be arsed to find the old one.

Even the radio mix on the other side is missing something, although it sounds quite full bodied on vinyl, I must say.

Also included is White Clean and Neat. Interesting.

Don't miss this cd single released in the UK on the Fontana label (FATEX 3). (1993)

Available in bargain bins everywhere:

'Calling To You' (LP version) / (Song To Kalsoum mix) / (Shookran Sah-abi mix) / (Always My Heart mix) /(Artist's Valley mix) / (Per La Gente mix)

I kid you not.

Hmm... I shall have to check those out, but, so far, I didn't see anything else. This happened to be at this record store and I found it on a fluke. I haven't been there since about the summer, but then I don't think I took a good look then, only in May. Shrug. :)

Not available in bargain bins here :angry: --anybody who shows me how to get my hands on any of the above musical delights will be forever on my Christmas card list.
Tall cool One 12" is that what you are after.?

Tall cool One 12" is that what you are after.?

No, mostly the CD single, and the Tall Cool One remix in digital form, because sadly I am on one side of the Atlantic and my vinyl (and turntable) are on the other. :(

Forgot to add that it seems my wish is going to come true! :cheer:

Not available in bargain bins here :angry: --anybody who shows me how to get my hands on any of the above musical delights will be forever on my Christmas card list.

I have them so get a card to me now :D

I also like the remixes done for some of the songs on Mighty Rearranger.

Very true. That was interesting during RP's Mighty Rearranger tour, that he used the remixed version of Shine It All Around as his intro music. Usually used some sort of Middle-Eastern type piece. Not sure if he did this on all the dates but he did this at the Beacon in NYC in summer of 2005.

Very true. That was interesting during RP's Mighty Rearranger tour, that he used the remixed version of Shine It All Around as his intro music. Usually used some sort of Middle-Eastern type piece. Not sure if he did this on all the dates but he did this at the Beacon in NYC in summer of 2005.

I believe it was on all the dates at least through 2006. In 2007 he had a remix of Mighty Rearranger with part of Black Dog.

It is an acquired taste, I am sure I will get to like it eventually ...

I doubt it. I've had this kicking around for 20 years and I don't think I've ever made it all the way through in one sitting.

"We rock, we roll, we jam and we mix, and all the other MCs get off ..." :rolleyes::huh:

The slightly more inspired and less irritating "Astral Mix" of Heaven Knows has been discussed here before.

Both are from a time when RP was desperate to get as much media exposure as he could, and were an attempt to get rotation on radio stations outside of the rock mainstream. Their exclusion from Timbuktu & Nine Lives may point to a certain amount of embarrassment over their existence.

If I remember properly, I definitely heard at least one remix from Dreamland (may be Red Dress, but I am not sure). It was well before Mighty Rearranger was released.

They did a remix of Last Time I Saw Her from Dreamland. Don't know offhand if there were others. that's the only one I have.

I didn't know that - there's no sample through Amazon. Is it any good? I'm trying to imagine what the song would sound like remixed.

It's available in the UK iTunes Store.

Go to the iTunes Store home page and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Where it says "my store" choose "United Kingdom" from the list. When the UK store loads, search for Robert Plant, then look for the "Song to the Siren" EP. You won't be able to buy the song unless you have a UK address, but you can listen to the sample.

It's a significantly different mix. The guitar has been removed and replaced with a synth pad that runs throughout. It has much more of an "ethereal" electronic sound than the original. It's also quite a bit shorter, with some of the longer instrumental segments missing.

Like many of Plant's remixes, some will like it, but it's not for everyone.

It's available in the UK iTunes Store.

Go to the iTunes Store home page and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Where it says "my store" choose "United Kingdom" from the list. When the UK store loads, search for Robert Plant, then look for the "Song to the Siren" EP. You won't be able to buy the song unless you have a UK address, but you can listen to the sample.

It's a significantly different mix. The guitar has been removed and replaced with a synth pad that runs throughout. It has much more of an "ethereal" electronic sound than the original. It's also quite a bit shorter, with some of the longer instrumental segments missing.

Like many of Plant's remixes, some will like it, but it's not for everyone.

Thanks - found it! Not much to go by from the sample but at least I get a little idea. It probably sounds a bit more like the This Mortal Coil version, which is much richer and more ethereal than Buckley's for example.

I've generally really liked the remixes they've done for Robert over the years though I wonder if anything from the first two albums has had a remix. I can't seem to recall hearing anything.

I've generally really liked the remixes they've done for Robert over the years though I wonder if anything from the first two albums has had a remix. I can't seem to recall hearing anything.

No, nothing from the first two albums. A couple of live tracks were released on B-sides, but no remixes.

Archived