Foo Fighters

JJJESUS

• 1 year later...

They are awesome......

What do you guys think of the Foos?

I have all the Foo's cd's. I love them. Dave doesn't take himself too serious. I love him in Them Crooked Vultures. I never have seen the Foos in concert but would love too.

I have their live feed they did about a year ago off the internet on my iPod too. It's the one where they just jammed for a couple hours in their studio. Dave was so funny as usual!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tonight on VH1 at 9pm Cental Time they are showing the Foo Fighters movie Back and Forth on their Rock Docs series. You can also see them on SNL tommorrow night, 4/9/11. I have listened to their new album a few times now this week and I like it. If you missed it, you can listen for free here:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/wasting-light-20110408

not for sure how long the link will work and you will be able to listen for free.

Tonight on VH1 at 9pm Cental Time they are showing the Foo Fighters movie Back and Forth on their Rock Docs series. You can also see them on SNL tommorrow night, 4/9/11. I have listened to their new album a few times now this week and I like it. If you missed it, you can listen for free here:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/wasting-light-20110408

not for sure how long the link will work and you will be able to listen for free.

That was a great rock/doc! I'm looking forward to their new album!

Catch the Foo Fighters live from the Ed Sullivan Theater in New York City

on Tuesday April 12th at 9pm ET / 6pm PT.

http://www.cbs.com/late_night/liveonletterman/foo_fighters/video/

Just got done watching it live and they are now replaying it. It was great! They sounded so good! I hope it shows up on a torrent site so I have it to watch again and again and again.....The Foos are one of only a few bands that around today that sound great live.

I have been listening to the new album for about a week now and it is great. It's one of their best albums and really rocks out. The doc movie Back and Forth was very interesting. I missed a few parts cause I fell asleep and tried to watch it again on Sat. night at Midnight and still didn't get to see it all. It will be out on dvd in June sold through Best Buy.

I'm hoping to see them live this summer if they are near me within three hour drive or so.

Wasting Light Live from Studio 606

In an interesting marketing approach, the Foo Fighters performed their entire new album "Wasting Light" and put up a YouTube video of the performance. The video was shot in the Foo Fighters' Studio 606.

The Foos have done their best to get out the word however they can. They released a documentary on the history of the band "Back and Forth," which aired in theaters on April 5 along with a live, 3D performance of the album. The documentary later aired commercial-free on various cable channels on April 8.

They've also used viral videos, contests, secret shows, social media and more in order to promote "Wasting Light."

If you still haven't gotten your Foo fill, they're releasing an album of covers, "Medium Rare," as a limited-edition vinyl for Record Store Day tomorrow, April 16.

I had the chance to see the Foo Fighters live about a decade ago when they were on tour with the Red Hot Chili Peppers. While the Foo Fighters opened the show at Washington state music venue The Gorge, they ended up delivering the more memorable, energetic performance, including climbing the sound booth. It's fun to see them still energized a decade later.

You can read more about the Foo Fighters' "Wasting Light" promotional efforts here.

Edited by The Pagemeister