A Little....Too Quiet

Sigh.

It seems it's not valid enough that Jimmy's freakin' manager has said, 'No', regarding any possible project. Take it for what it is - finito.

And, anyway, would you want to shout about it that you were doing bugger all? It's not happening, that's why they're quiet. This project is no more. It has ceased to be.

Cut the cord.

Sigh.

It seems it's not valid enough that Jimmy's freakin' manager has said, 'No', regarding any possible project. Take it for what it is - finito.

And, anyway, would you want to shout about it that you were doing bugger all? It's not happening, that's why they're quiet. This project is no more. It has ceased to be.

Cut the cord.

I don't know what it would take. It seemed pretty clear to me back from the 02 that it was a one time only situation and has been confirmed as such, as well as the 3Js project being defunct. It's exhausting isn't it.

I don't know what it would take. It seemed pretty clear to me back from the 02 that it was a one time only situation and has been confirmed as such, as well as the 3Js project being defunct. It's exhausting isn't it.

It actually makes me feel sorry for them. To think that they have this kind of pressure from the fans - God knows what it'd be like if they really did do something.

You can't fault the Newbs for asking - they aren't to know - but, really, if it isn't in the media by now, it's a given that it's not happening.

I just wish the whole bloody thing would die and we can just get back to talking about the music.

It actually makes me feel sorry for them. To think that they have this kind of pressure from the fans - God knows what it'd be like if they really did do something.

You can't fault the Newbs for asking - they aren't to know - but, really, if it isn't in the media by now, it's a given that it's not happening.

I just wish the whole bloody thing would die and we can just get back to talking about the music.

I know what you are saying. Well no reason we can't just carry on and talk about the music :D

OH, NOoooooo!

Here we go again! :slapface:

Re-hashing the same old speculations. New singer? Will they or won't they without Robert? Was Jimmy's manager in the dark? Terry Reid vs. Robert Plant. Are they working on something in secret?

We need some new material to talk about. :D

Any suggestions?

Same old thing? That's what I love about this site. You can pose the same question a million different ways and always have a new topic. Really, the idea of Jimmy touring ... for me, that is the only question.

If not actually starting a new topic, I've always wondered why LZ didn't receive the honour and respect from the critics when they were a band? I've heard this many times but never actually read the reviews of the time. Jimmy alludes to it in IMGL (I won't give too much away) but it was kind of sad. I hope they realize and know just how much they are respected and admired for their fine work ... I mean, who cares what the critics had to say anyway, right? Personally, I think they resented their success and all that came with me. Any other thoughts?

Same old thing? That's what I love about this site. You can pose the same question a million different ways and always have a new topic. Really, the idea of Jimmy touring ... for me, that is the only question.

If not actually starting a new topic, I've always wondered why LZ didn't receive the honour and respect from the critics when they were a band? I've heard this many times but never actually read the reviews of the time. Jimmy alludes to it in IMGL (I won't give too much away) but it was kind of sad. I hope they realize and know just how much they are respected and admired for their fine work ... I mean, who cares what the critics had to say anyway, right? Personally, I think they resented their success and all that came with me. Any other thoughts?

I'm sure they know how much their music was respected and admired by the millions of fans who bought their albums, saw them tour :D I think the critics just didn't know what to make of them. They didn't play by the rules, so to speak and they saw them as what they chose to rather than spend time listening to their music.

Anyone else feel that the guys have been a little silent. If their project is canceled, then why haven't Jonesy, Page, or Jason said anything.

Have they just given up completely or is a project brewing in the mist?

Have they just given up on The Press?

Only they have the truth. I personally don't think they'd just completely give up. It's in their blood to be musically involved and creative. Now how they go about doing it is another thing. I'm sure we'll eventually hear something from them.

Anything they do will be compared to Zeppelin and without that country singer back in the mix they knew it was over before it started. All anyone would have asked them on a tour is do you think Plant will come back for a Zeppelin tour ??? The same reason's The Firm, Coverdale/Page or Jimmy's solo album career didn't last. Zeppelin is bigger than him !!! That's why he wanted to do it so bad I would think. Fuck Plant !! Mick still does it and so does Brian Johnson of AC/DC, The guy is 62 I think. Plant is a nobody without Page.

Anything they do will be compared to Zeppelin and without that country singer back in the mix they knew it was over before it started. All anyone would have asked them on a tour is do you think Plant will come back for a Zeppelin tour ??? The same reason's The Firm, Coverdale/Page or Jimmy's solo album career didn't last. Zeppelin is bigger than him !!! That's why he wanted to do it so bad I would think. Fuck Plant !! Mick still does it and so does Brian Johnson of AC/DC, The guy is 62 I think. Plant is a nobody without Page.

A nobody that has a platinum selling album which won 6 Grammys in total? :rolleyes:

For a CD that nobody will listen to in a couple of year's. Right now it's flavor of the month !!! The Grammy's are complete bullshit !!

Seems we have a predictor on the forum now. B)

Will you tell me more things?

Not sure what you mean by this. They've said there is no project happening. Nothing really more to say to the press unless I'm misunderstanding you :)

If I were them, I would be kinda sick of the rumors circulated via-press by now. So, even if I were planning a project, I wouldn't say anything. But that's just me...

Maybe I'm misunderstanding them :)

For a CD that nobody will listen to in a couple of year's. Right now it's flavor of the month !!! The Grammy's are complete bullshit !!

November 10, 2004

ALL 12 GRAMMY® AWARDS FOR MUSIC LEGEND AND PIONEER, RAY CHARLES,

ASSEMBLED FOR FIRST TIME

Historic Figure: Entertainment Giant Celebrated on New Retrospective Website

For the first in over 30 years, all 12 Grammy® Awards belonging to the late music legend Ray Charles, known the world over as "The Genius of Soul," have been brought back together.

They will be part of a permanent museum exhibit planned in tribute to Charles' career, which will open on his 75th birthday next September in Los Angeles at his famed recording studios.

Charles, who unexpectedly died June 10 at age 73 years-old, won his first Grammy® in 1960, in the Rhythm and Blues category, for "Busted."

An elaborate new website, celebrating Charles' life and career, has also been launched, www.raymovie.com/raycharles.

Through the decades, the awards became lost or damaged, so, in conjunction with NARAS (The National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences), the Ray Charles Estate was able to replace the prized possessions, the pinnacle of musical achievement.

"Finally, they're coming home," said a smiling Joe Adams, Charles' manager for the past 45 years.

Between 1960 and 1993, Charles won a total of 12 awards plus an additional Grammy® for "Lifetime Achievement."

Charles also was awarded the prestigious "President's Merit Award" from the Grammy® organization by its president, Neil Portnow, just prior to the 2004 Grammy® Awards show.

Other well-known Charles' songs to garner Grammy® nods include "Crying Time," "I Can't Stop Loving You," "Hit The Road Jack" and "Georgia on My Mind."

In May, 2003, Charles celebrated his 10,000th career concert at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles.

The entertainer's last public appearance was alongside Clint Eastwood on April 30, when the city of Los Angeles designated the singer's studios an historic landmark.

Prior to his death, Charles finalized a duets album, "Genius Loves Company," for the Concord label, his first new album since 2001, which has gone on to become his first-ever platinum seller.

Featured are Norah Jones, BB King, Willie Nelson, Michael McDonald, Bonnie Raitt, Gladys Knight, Johnny Mathis and James Taylor.

"The duets project has been a tremendous experience," he said, at the outset of recording in 2003.

In March, Quincy Jones, Charles' lifelong friend, presented him with the NAACP Image Awards' "Hall of Fame Award."

During a career that spanned some 58 years, Charles starred on over 250 albums, many of them top sellers in a variety of musical genres.

raycharles.com

You were saying?

oooooo a grammy, spare me who gives a crap about an award given by a bunch of music industry scumbags? Its as big a pc of garbage as an Oscar! I would love to be given an award by garbage! Spare me, the dudes right, plant sucks. the album is for old ladies and isnt even original. The only good song is written W/ JIMMY PAGE!!!!

There is no reason JP,and JPJ shouldnt do something together, none zero. I dont believe for one minute Jimmy doesnt WANT to, I think he is letting the media and a bunch of music idiots get tthe better of him. Cmon Jimmy come out and blow this elevator music out of the water!!

Archived