Available at Newstands (Nearly) Everywhere

SteveAJones

The January issues you can't get on the newsstands anymore - at least where I am.

I thought I'd open the thread with everything published since the start of the New Year.

Each is still available as a back issue thru their respective websites. Anticipate several

new issues available on newstands in the next few months.

I thought I'd open the thread with everything published since the start of the New Year.

Each is still available as a back issue thru their respective websites. Anticipate several

new issues available on newstands in the next few months.

I have not seen the Jan' Uncut issue yet....I am under the impression that it is still coming, perhaps little late release in Canada/U.S.?

Thank you for the update on all the releases....I will see what I can dig....

I have not seen the Jan' Uncut issue yet....I am under the impression that it is still coming, perhaps little late release in Canada/U.S.?

Uncut was in the States. You should be able to get January's on Ebay now. The Feburary one is Leonard Cohn and March is Neil Young.

Edited by aen27

I don't know about Canada but in the US, overseas magazines are usually 3 weeks to a month behind their release date.

I hate to complain but I think it's starting to be Led Zep overkill with all these magazines lately. We all know why too. Led Zeppelin sells. It's great seeing our band gets it due but almost every classic rock magazine has Zeppelin on the cover almost every other month. I try to collect all this stuff but it's starting to be like thirty bucks or more a month since these magazines are like ten bucks a pop (or more due to most come with a cd or dvd). I guess it being the 40th anniversary that it's an easy excuse to cover them again. I'll admit it though, I'm a sucker for any article that has new photos or info I haven't seen or read before. :D

I hate to complain but I think it's starting to be Led Zep overkill with all these magazines lately. We all know why too. Led Zeppelin sells. It's great seeing our band gets it due but almost every classic rock magazine has Zeppelin on the cover almost every other month. I try to collect all this stuff but it's starting to be like thirty bucks or more a month since these magazines are like ten bucks a pop (or more due to most come with a cd or dvd). I guess it being the 40th anniversary that it's an easy excuse to cover them again. I'll admit it though, I'm a sucker for any article that has new photos or info I haven't seen or read before. :D

If I can skim through the issue first, I try to do that to see if there's some interesting or new stuff to read. It's expensive to get the overseas mags here. They tend to run at least 10 dollars a pop. I like to collect stuff too but as you said, it can get costly.

2008SonicBoom.jpg

BOOK: Sonic Boom - The Impact of Led Zeppelin by Frank Reddon

EXCITING NEW Led Zeppelin book by Canadian author, Frank Reddon. Sonic Boom: The Impact of Led Zeppelin. Vol 1 - Break & Enter.

Finally, there's some brand new & startling info about one of rock'n'roll's greatest bands. After 40 years, it's hard to believe that anything new could be written about British rock super group, Led Zeppelin. But this is it! Essential reading for any Led Zeppelin fan or scholar of popular music history, Reddon's book takes an unprecedented approach to the group and its music. More than 40 primary source interviews provide unparalleled insights into what made Led Zeppelin so exciting in concert. The quest to explain why its music endures & continues to dominate the playlists of classic rock radio today is a fascinating journey. Readers will thrill to find out what deejays, promoters, musicians, studio personnel & audience members have to say about the band destined for musical greatness.

Contributors to the book include published Led Zeppelin authors Susan Fast, Robert Godwin, Luis Rey & Howard Mylett; rock reviewers Philip Elwood, Rick McGrath, Jeff Miers, Jeffrey Morgan; educators Rob Bowman, Donna Halper & Craig Morrison, broadcasters Don Fitzpatrick, JJ Jackson, JP Piccillo, Redbeard & Jeff Woods. Sonic Boom Vol.1 also includes one of the most comprehensive accounts ever in print about Led Zeppelin's first-ever performance, as The New Yardbirds on Sept. 7, 1968 at Gladsaxe Teen Club in Copenhaven, Denmark. Reddon interviewed three people who were there that night. Their lives became forever intertwined personally and professionally as a result. You'll find out how!

This collectible, commemorative 40th Anniversary edition with its gold-foil imprint is a reference book in terms of look, format & info. But the text is so compellingly written and the info so new, it reads like a novel that is difficult to set aside. Hundreds of illustrations complement the text. Many of the pictures, which include photos of the band, the venues they played, related posters and other memorabilia, are published here for the first time. A colour-plate section includes photos & rare artifacts from the groups first-ever tour in 1968 to its 2007 reunion concert at London's 02 Arena.

This is not an expose, tell-all or fanzine type of book. It's hard-core research, compellingly & passionately written in the style of an oral history for those who know nothing - or everything - about Led Zeppelin. According to Gerard Sparaco of Music Collector's Reviews, it's "one of the most thorough & engaging books ever written about Led Zeppelin." In the December edition of his Tight But Loose magazine, renowned Led Zeppelin author Dave Lewis declared it "deligently researched" & included it on his Christmas gift list. At only $59.95 plus S&H, no Zeppelin fan or scholar should miss out on this stunning, collectible first-edition.

For more information or to order, visit www.enzepplopedia.com or www.amazon.com

I guess it being the 40th anniversary that it's an easy excuse to cover them again. I'll admit it though, I'm a sucker for any article that has new photos or info I haven't seen or read before. :D

Your exactly right, the band's 40th anniversary is generating most of the more recent coverage. However, with Jimmy and JPJ headed for the states next month and a new

album in the works from Robert & Alison there's bound to be new topics of discussion.

Regardless, if they make the cover I buy it! I've documented over 1,250 cover stories

going all the way back to the session days, which may not seem like many until one tries to collect a copy of each one. I'm just a little over half-way there. :)

I don't know about Canada but in the US, overseas magazines are usually 3 weeks to a month behind their release date.

...Tks.Nine,

Someone earlier on this board informed me the same, that the magazines are behind in Canada (couple of months at least) I must go to CHAPTERS in the next few days for update...