Available at Newstands (Nearly) Everywhere

SteveAJones

TBL28-cover1-213x300.jpg

TBL Issue 28: Available Now!

Another outpouring of essential Zep related reading!

Featuring:

Jimmy Page:

Full report of the London reception for the Jimmy By Jimmy Page book together with an exclusive interview with Genesis publisher and art director Catherine Roylance on working with Jimmy on the book, plus news of Jimmy at the Classic Rock Awards.

John Paul Jones:

All the latest JPJ news – including Classic Rock Outstanding Contribution Award, Gold Badge Award, on the road report with Dave Rawlings & Gillian Welch, Anna Nicola opera details and more.

Robert Plant & The Band Of Joy -A Mighty Autumn Rumble:

First hand reviews of the autumn Band of Joy UK dates

Including the Radio 2 Electric Proms showcase, Later with Jools Holland appearance plus BBC archive producer Andy Neill on the making of the Robert Plant By Myself documentary.

Bill Curbishley: The TBL Interview- The Managing of Manic Nirvana:

An exclusive insight into 25 years of managing Robert Plant – Bill Curbishley’s thoughts on the Priory Of Brion, Strange Sensation, the 02 reunion, Raising Sand, Band Of Joy and much more.

Unseen Marquee ’69 photos discovered!

Rare newly discovered black & white photos from Led Zeppelin’s appearance at the Marquee club on March 28th 1969.

Undocumented Baltimore ’69 gig revealed!

Mike Tremaglio reveals details of a previously undocumented Led Zeppelin appearance in early 1969.

Led Zeppelin Flying High in 1970:

Mike Tremaglio tracks the sixth Zep US tour from September 1970, including that night live on Blueberry Hill and two nights at Madison Square Garden.

Jason Bonham Led Zeppelin Experience:

On the spot report from Graeme Hutchinson of the triumphant JBLZ show at the Merriam Theatre Philadelphia.

In Search of Led Zeppelin:

Alec Plowman loves Led Zeppelin – he is 21 years old, therein lies the problem. A young person’s dilemma explained.

Plus Black Country Communion London album launch and latest news, John Bonham remembered 30 years on, Zep Fest 2011, CD reviews and more.

If you love Led Zeppelin – you will love this magazine!

How To Order:

By Cheque: Send cheques in UK sterling only – Payable D.Lewis – Send to: TBL , 14 Totnes Close, Bedford MK40 3AX, England.

By Pay Pal: Order on the link below

The cost (by Cheque or Pay Pal) including postage is as follows

UK : £6.60

Europe £7.60

USA/Rest Of World £8.60

Important Note: When ordering below for Europe and USA/ROW – you need to drop down the price menu below to the correct location ie USA is £8.60 and then click on Buy Now

http://www.tightbutloose.co.uk/tblweb09/?page_id=8191

TBL28-cover1-213x300.jpg

TBL Issue 28: Available Now!

Another outpouring of essential Zep related reading!

Featuring:

Jimmy Page:

Full report of the London reception for the Jimmy By Jimmy Page book together with an exclusive interview with Genesis publisher and art director Catherine Roylance on working with Jimmy on the book, plus news of Jimmy at the Classic Rock Awards.

John Paul Jones:

All the latest JPJ news – including Classic Rock Outstanding Contribution Award, Gold Badge Award, on the road report with Dave Rawlings & Gillian Welch, Anna Nicola opera details and more.

Robert Plant & The Band Of Joy -A Mighty Autumn Rumble:

First hand reviews of the autumn Band of Joy UK dates

Including the Radio 2 Electric Proms showcase, Later with Jools Holland appearance plus BBC archive producer Andy Neill on the making of the Robert Plant By Myself documentary.

Bill Curbishley: The TBL Interview- The Managing of Manic Nirvana:

An exclusive insight into 25 years of managing Robert Plant – Bill Curbishley's thoughts on the Priory Of Brion, Strange Sensation, the 02 reunion, Raising Sand, Band Of Joy and much more.

Unseen Marquee '69 photos discovered!

Rare newly discovered black & white photos from Led Zeppelin's appearance at the Marquee club on March 28th 1969.

Undocumented Baltimore '69 gig revealed!

Mike Tremaglio reveals details of a previously undocumented Led Zeppelin appearance in early 1969.

Led Zeppelin Flying High in 1970:

Mike Tremaglio tracks the sixth Zep US tour from September 1970, including that night live on Blueberry Hill and two nights at Madison Square Garden.

Jason Bonham Led Zeppelin Experience:

On the spot report from Graeme Hutchinson of the triumphant JBLZ show at the Merriam Theatre Philadelphia.

In Search of Led Zeppelin:

Alec Plowman loves Led Zeppelin – he is 21 years old, therein lies the problem. A young person's dilemma explained.

Plus Black Country Communion London album launch and latest news, John Bonham remembered 30 years on, Zep Fest 2011, CD reviews and more.

If you love Led Zeppelin – you will love this magazine!

How To Order:

By Cheque: Send cheques in UK sterling only – Payable D.Lewis – Send to: TBL , 14 Totnes Close, Bedford MK40 3AX, England.

By Pay Pal: Order on the link below

The cost (by Cheque or Pay Pal) including postage is as follows

UK : £6.60

Europe £7.60

USA/Rest Of World £8.60

Important Note: When ordering below for Europe and USA/ROW – you need to drop down the price menu below to the correct location ie USA is £8.60 and then click on Buy Now

http://www.tightbutl...9/?page_id=8191

I have this! It's an amazing magazine. Front to back nothing but Zeppelin. How many magazines are like that? I recommend this to everybody on the forum.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LED ZEPPELIN: The Story of a Band and Their Music 1968-1980

Copyright 2005 by Outline Press, Ltd.

Korean translation copyright 2011 by Eulyoo Publishing Co., Ltd.

Softcover, 528 pgs, illustrated, b&w

P1150769.jpg

I purchased this brand new Led Zeppelin book - the 120th in my collection - while in Seoul, South Korea the other day. The paper strip across the bottom is not part of the cover, rather it promotes the double-cd 'Mothership' which was released in the US & UK back in 2007. So far as I know this may be the first Led Zeppelin book published in Korean. Retail price 25,000 Korean won, about $24.00. If anyone would like for me to secure them a copy it could possibly be arranged. Send me a PM if interested and I will try to help.

Damn! I wish I knew how to read Japanese. Steve, you translate please?wink.gif

If I could translate Japanese I'd have run away with Yuko Oshima a long time ago. :lol: No, I have stacks of Japanese publications awaiting translation myself. However, in this case I think the Rockin' On (Sep 2011) feature is merely a Japanese translation of the Classic Rock (Aug 2011) feature. Often times the UK

& US features are syndicated for publication in the Far East, though in different magazines.

If I could translate Japanese I'd have run away with Yuko Oshima a long time ago. :lol: No, I have stacks of Japanese publications awaiting translation myself. However, in this case I think the Rockin' On (Sep 2011) feature is merely a Japanese translation of the Classic Rock (Aug 2011) feature. Often times the UK

& US features are syndicated for publication in the Far East, though in different magazines.

Now Steve, are you leading me to believe that you would let a language barrier come between you and the woman of your dreams?tongue.gif

Thanks for the mag info. I need to find a news agent here that sells foreign publications, i.e. British mags, in time for the 40th anniversary of the fourth album.

• 2 weeks later...

Tight But Loose Fanzine (#29) (#30) (UK)

TBL29-Cover3.jpg

304730_1882628958055_1611296783_1539433_2172448_n.jpg

Available from: http://www.tightbutloose.co.uk/

Tight But Loose is a fantastic publication if your not already a subscriber nows your chance to grab a piece of Zeppelin history. Dave Lewis puts together a fantastic read.

Edited by ZoSo1960

Certainly a great publication. Subscribing to fanzines during the 80's through the mid 90's was a must for me during the infancy stages of the internet. A wealth of information was available through these publications, even if it was a few weeks old. Tight But Loose was a great publication along with other Zep fanzines Electric Magic (by someone you may be familiar with), Zoso and Proximity. As much as I love getting more current information on the net and through this board I miss these. Unfortunately, living in the USA makes it a bit difficult to be a regular subscriber to TBL economically due to shipping costs out of Dave Lewis' control.

• 3 weeks later...

^^^^^^Now that is a mag I would love to have. Please let me know if the article is worth the cost of tracking the mag down and buying one here in the U.S.

Not a bad article and not much we didn't know already but, the CD is worth the ten bucks alone. I suppose the freight would around $4 - 5.

^^^^^^Now that is a mag I would love to have. Please let me know if the article is worth the cost of tracking the mag down and buying one here in the U.S.

Not a bad article and not much we didn't know already but, the CD is worth the ten bucks alone. I suppose the freight would be around $4 - 5.

Edited by Reggie29

What's on that cd, Reggie?

Zep covers, a la Encomium.

HD - American Dog

WTLB - Pig Iron

BD - Hayseed Dixie

BIGLY - Blackbud

R&R - Red Star Rebels

CB - The Dickies

T41 - Joe Bonamassa

STH - Rodrigo Y Gabriela

IMTOD - Zakk Wylde