Available at Newstands (Nearly) Everywhere

SteveAJones

We've discussed this before so the info should be available on this site somewhere, but for a start he plays on "Sloppy Drunk" (which became "Boogie With Stu") and "Battle of Evermore" (pages 173 and 205 of "The Press Reports" respectively) . There's also a quote on page 183 of the same book from a June 1971 interview with Robert in Sounds that "....I manage to plonk guitar on about 3 numbers on this album...." ( III)

He wasn't just the singer, he didn't just write the lyrics he also wrote the melodies.

To accuse him of "simply lying" is ridiculous and I won't apologise for going "off topic" to say so.

We've discussed this before so the info should be available on this site somewhere, but for a start he plays on "Sloppy Drunk" (which became "Boogie With Stu") and "Battle of Evermore" (pages 173 and 205 of "The Press Reports" respectively) . There's also a quote on page 183 of the same book from a June 1971 interview with Robert in Sounds that "....I manage to plonk guitar on about 3 numbers on this album...." ( III)

He wasn't just the singer, he didn't just write the lyrics he also wrote the melodies.

To accuse him of "simply lying" is ridiculous and I won't apologise for going "off topic" to say so.

So JPJ does not perform on TBOE?

What other tracks have RP guitar on them?

• 3 weeks later...

Get the Led Out: How Led Zeppelin Became the Biggest Band in the World [Hardcover]

61qtqQI1y7L__SL500_AA300__zps9ffa6378.jpg

Publication Date: November 6, 2012

Get the Led Out is the ultimate book for the ultimate fan of the ultimate band--Led Zeppelin. This lushly illustrated volume begins with a unique day-by-day timeline based on Carol Miller's radio show of the same name, and it provides a behind-the-scenes view, revealing quirky details, achievements, and adventures big and small. Twenty-seven rare, unguarded interviews feature the band members themselves, as well as other musicians and insiders who witnessed it all, including Jason Bonham, Chris Squire (Yes), Joe Perry (Aerosmith), Alice Cooper, and music industry legends Danny Goldberg and Ron Nevinson. The book ends with a comprehensive discography.

http://www.amazon.com/Get-Led-Out-Zeppelin-Biggest/dp/1402789416/ref=pd_sim_b_5/187-8001488-7048909

The Postman has just delivered my copy of the latest MOJO magazine issue 229 December 2012 has ten pages devoted to the release of CelebrationDay. I have to go out now so I will read it later today.. I'm having a quick flick through, On the Ask Fred page there is a small piece about a Gutarist by the name of Rob Ashton who played in a Band called Yemen who claims to have auditioned as a second Gutarist for Zeppelin !!!!!..One for SAJ maybe..

Yay good old Mojo! There's been a severe drought of Led Zeppelin magazine cover stories lately. Wasn't the last English language one the Ultimate Music Guide?! Anyways very exciting news this!

To Percy's_Plant: The CD should come with the magazine at the shop; otherwise you're meant to 'get heavy with your newsagent'!