Available at Newstands (Nearly) Everywhere

SteveAJones

I was just going to say I really dislike that photo on the Classic Rock cover - so photoshopped. Then I saw the Guitar World. That's insane! It reminds me of the Ann Taylor winter campaign with Kate Hudson. She's completely unrecognizable - and it's not as if she's a hideous woman.

You must be kidding... And yeah, I'm Geezer.

No. Not kidding, I think you WERE Taro and you have changed you're name to Geezer.

....and you are still after Hi-Res photos. It's ok members here do sometimes change ther names., I shortened mine.

Edited by JTM

What the hell????

Sack the person who touched up this photo. Jeeze.

That photo was taken by Ross Halfin haha and that is not photo-shopped etc- they are wearing makeup- more apparent on Jimmy and John Paul Jones, but all of them are wearing make up.

COVER.png

As Knebby has stated before, this photo was from the same photoshoot in NY. No makeup! The Guitar World photo is heavily photoshopped. The Photoshop software can allow the user to add "makeup". When one photo shows deep wrinkles and creases on Robert's face and somehow they are gone in another? Where is the lipstick in the above photo?

That photo was taken by Ross Halfin haha and that is not photo-shopped etc- they are wearing makeup- more apparent on Jimmy and John Paul Jones, but all of them are wearing make up.

The publisher went overboard with photo editing software, resulting in what could be worst Led Zeppelin magazine cover of all-time.

Very disappointed in Guitar World given the unfettered access to Jimmy they have enjoyed for so many years.

Not photo- shopped? That's the biggest laugh I've had all day.

Here's a photo of another shot from the same session - the contrast is amazing

DSCN0013.jpg

Look at Robert - he actually has crows feet, normal facial-lines, and his hair isn't yellow

DSCN0019.jpg

and Jimmy - no rasberry lips here and his hairline hasn't been filled in with a thick white head of hair.

DSCN0020.jpg

The photo-shopping of the other picture is lame, unnecessary and embarrassing.

Not photo- shopped? That's the biggest laugh I've had all day.

Here's a photo of another shot from the same session - the contrast is amazing

DSCN0013.jpg

Look at Robert - he actually has crows feet, normal facial-lines, and his hair isn't yellow

DSCN0019.jpg

and Jimmy - no rasberry lips here and his hairline hasn't been filled in with a thick white head of hair.

DSCN0020.jpg

The photo-shopping of the other picture is lame, unnecessary and embarrassing.

Since you seem to have a direct link to Jimmy Page-why don't you ask him what was done to the photo as he and the others have the final say on what is used.

Steve and Knebby hit the nail on the head. The Jan. 2013 Guitar World IS the worst Led Zeppelin cover photo of all-time. It's also misleading, given that it's about a concert that took place 5 years ago while the headline "Led Zep Rides Again" makes it seem they're coming back now.

The publisher went overboard with photo editing software, resulting in what could be worst Led Zeppelin magazine cover of all-time.

Very disappointed in Guitar World given the unfettered access to Jimmy they have enjoyed for so many years.

Isn't Brad Tolinski no longer with GW? I seem to recall reading in Publisher's Weekly that he's the former editor of GW. I have gotta think if Brad was still there, he wouldn't have allowed this horrible cover to happen.

Just checked online and it appears Brad is still Editor-in-chief of GW.

Edited by Strider

I'm late to all this : and I also hate to see them looking like waxworks ..

This example is very overt .. but that is what happens. First of all , the important thing is they don't look like that all the time. Whatever little bits of work any of them may have had done..it's very subtle, in contrast to some of their contemporaries who look plastic ALL the time.

But this picture: such a tricky area.... : blame Brad Tolinski ? : all such magazine editors are expected to employ these tactics .

Blame Ross Halfin ? Jimmy trusts him for a reason and RH knows the way JP likes to look in these kind of photos.

(Personally, I love to see photos of Jimmy where his age and character are brought out by the lighting and treatment. I don't think that's the usual Ross approach. But the important thing is that a mix of photography is available- please not just the Jimmy Waxwork look).

Blame Jimmy, Robert and JPJ and the managers/promoters who push their concerns ? Robert invests in how his hair looks ( as did Jimmy before going grey ) - he's not going to complain if his hair's a little more golden in that context . And when they arrange these shoots, they don't allow accidents: it's about a particular look and that's negotiable...

My point is that everyone's complicit : Guitar World obviously likes it, Ross has posted it so presumably is proud too, and Led Zep were working with friends, and with the support of management..

So keep speaking up if you think it looks artificial : I'm not sure that ANY of the above necessarily have a problem with it, pink lips and waxy cheeks notwithstanding ..

LOL - It's a damn magazine cover. Are you that worried about how much make-up they have during that photo shoot? If your worried about that, then worry about the covers in the past that showed a heroin infested Jimmy Page.

It's an F'n magazine cover - who F'n cares?

Get a life!

Edited by Amstel