Available at Newstands (Nearly) Everywhere

SteveAJones

I sincerely hope we get a terrific Page/Beck/Clapton cover story to read this summer!

Cheers! :beer:

I hope so too.... In the new RollingStone issue (U2 cover), it is indicated that recent Beck/Clapton union was very successful and that they "may" book a tour soon ....

Perhaps Page will complete the Picture...

tks again for your dedication....

Your exactly right, the band's 40th anniversary is generating most of the more recent coverage. However, with Jimmy and JPJ headed for the states next month and a new

album in the works from Robert & Alison there's bound to be new topics of discussion.

Regardless, if they make the cover I buy it! I've documented over 1,250 cover stories

going all the way back to the session days, which may not seem like many until one tries to collect a copy of each one. I'm just a little over half-way there. :)

Thanks Steve for putting all of these magazine covers out here. The Sonic Boom book sounds quite interesting. I may have to get it. As you said on the previous page, a Clapton/Beck and Page feature in some mags is possibly imminent due to the Hall of Fame ceremony coming up and who knows what else.

So you have just over half of the cover features? Ah, you're practically home now!

Your exactly right, the band's 40th anniversary is generating most of the more recent coverage. However, with Jimmy and JPJ headed for the states next month and a new

album in the works from Robert & Alison there's bound to be new topics of discussion.

Regardless, if they make the cover I buy it! I've documented over 1,250 cover stories

going all the way back to the session days, which may not seem like many until one tries to collect a copy of each one. I'm just a little over half-way there. :)

Curious, why are JP and JPJ going to be in the states?

Not confirmed yet, but Jimmy is to be in Cleveland at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony to induct Jeff Beck April 4th.

And JPJ is going to New York City for a birthday celebration for Merce Cunningham with Sonic Youth on April 16th.

JPJ in NYC

An old thread.

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

ClassicRock.jpg

Classic Rock April 2009 issue (UK)

FWIW, I skimmed through this in my local Sainsbury's at the weekend. Unfortunately the words are by Mick Wall, and all of it directly lifted from his recent book. Nothing new in there, writing-wise, although I hadn't seen the photos of Jimmy with that bouffant hairdo before (as featured on the cover).

I didn't buy the magazine just because of the Mick Wall connection. Of the most recent publications, I much prefer the MOJO Classic magazine dedicated to 1969, much of it featuring Zeppelin.

FWIW, I skimmed through this in my local Sainsbury's at the weekend. Unfortunately the words are by Mick Wall, and all of it directly lifted from his recent book. Nothing new in there, writing-wise, although I hadn't seen the photos of Jimmy with that bouffant hairdo before (as featured on the cover).

I didn't buy the magazine just because of the Mick Wall connection. Of the most recent publications, I much prefer the MOJO Classic magazine dedicated to 1969, much of it featuring Zeppelin.

I wish I had skimmed through it before I bought it. I was disappointed when I saw that it had been written by Mick Wall - he's practically touting his 'book'. It's a bit too pricey for what it featured, not nearly as interesting at the Mojo one, and full of random 1980's has-been shit.

Not sure it's entirely coincedental, but CR did the whole 'best albums of '69' ala Mojo Classic. Preferred Mojo's to be honest.

I wish I had skimmed through it before I bought it. I was disappointed when I saw that it had been written by Mick Wall - he's practically touting his 'book'. It's a bit too pricey for what it featured, not nearly as interesting at the Mojo one, and full of random 1980's has-been shit.

Not sure it's entirely coincedental, but CR did the whole 'best albums of '69' ala Mojo Classic. Preferred Mojo's to be honest.

I was hoping I'd have gotten the Mojo one as part of my subscription but didn't happen. I'm not sure it's still on the stands. May have to order it from them online.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Let's just admit it, these mags are just the same old stories over and over, year after year. Whatr i do like is seeing photos I have never seen before, but the stories....nothing new! Been there, done that!

The Guitar World (Sept 2009) issue contains a recent interview with Jimmy Page to promote the new film 'It Might Get Loud'.

Hit Parader, after 500+ issues, does seem to have lost it's reason for existence and just

continues to churn out endless best of, top 10, top 50, top 100 lists with nothing new or substantial to report. They do have a knack for putting Led Zeppelin on the cover to help the bottom line.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I can't help saying this, I just can't help it, but I wish Jimmy would stop posing endlessly with that guitar or any other, and PLAY THE DAMN THING!!OK, I feel better now.

Agreed!

Edited by aen27