Available at Newstands (Nearly) Everywhere

SteveAJones

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I find that very hard to believe.... Another book w/ new info ,they said that about the last book and the one before that,, (shall I continue).I am not making this up ,but many years ago a rock journalist stated led zep had become such a money making machine that if you attached the name Led zeppelin onto anything ,even a pile of shit ,it would sell. Peter Grant must be rolling in his grave.

Wolfman ,I agree, but it hasn't been "lately", its been along time happening.

Please tell me you've come to realize you're responding to posts made nearly six years ago and that you will stop doing so. If not, consider quoting the original post (click the quote button at the bottom right of the original post) so others have some idea as to what you are responding to. Thank you.

Beckett Entertainment Special: Legends of Music (Winter 2014) (USA)

2014WinterLegendsofMusicFrontCover_zps7e

Scan courtesy Steve A. Jones Archive

It must be an American special since they put Bruce Springsteen and Bob Dylan next to the Beatles on the cover...Give me a break...And Tom Petty and Simon & Garfunkel? Please...It's not that I dislike the music, but there is this weird thing in America which I still don't understand where they think if you are big in America, you must be massive on a global level. And I'm sorry, but I really don't believe that Tom Petty or Bruce Springsteen appeal on a global level. Maybe I'm wrong which is fine, I can admit so, but I really don't get it at all.

Edited by Charles J. White

• Administrators

Revealed: MOJO Led Zeppelin Vinyl Edition

A limited deluxe version of this month’s issue featuring Physical Graffiti Redrawn on two discs, with free replica poster and a special magazine cover. Order now while socks last!

Zep-Vinyl-pack-shot-770x433.jpg?2cf8b9

TO CELEBRATE THE 40th anniversary of Led Zeppelin’s Physical Graffiti MOJO is releasing a very “limited edition” vinyl version of this month’s issue.

As you may know, we’re really getting under the skin of the band’s landmark album in the new issue of MOJO (April 2015 / # 257), as a host of contemporary acts recreate the entire record on a series of bold and original cover versions.

So in addition to the usual issue and free CD, which will be available on UK news stands tomorrow (February 24), we’ve also produced a very special bonus edition featuring Physical Graffiti Redrawn on vinyl.

MOJO-257-Jimmy-Page-Signature-Cover.jpg?

MOJO’s Jimmy Page Signature Cover– part of the Led Zeppelin Limited Vinyl Edition package. Click image for more info.

Limited to around 5000 copies, the two-disc set features all the covers – including contributions from Laura Marling, White Denim and Michael Kiwanuka (see below for the full tracklist) – and, paying tribute to the original record’s sleeve “windows” design by Peter Corriston and Mike Doud, features a die-cut cover through which images on the inner sleeve can be glimpsed. The main cover image is of Earl’s Court in 1975, scene of Led Zeppelin’s homecoming show in May of that year.

The package includes a recreation of the poster for the Led Zeppelin Express, an idea devised by Zeppelin manager Peter Grant to market the Earl’s Court shows, and a copy of the latest MOJO magazine featuring a unique Jimmy Page signature cover.

So how do you get your hands on this very limited edition… edition? Well you can order one online now, while stocks last.

Meanwhile, here’s a reminder of the tribute album’s tracklisting, featuring artists hand picked and matched with a specific track by MOJO.

1. White Denim – Custard Pie
2. Blackberry Smoke – The Rover
3. Miraculous Mule – In My Time Of Dying
4. The Temperance Movement – Houses Of The Holy
5. Son Little – Trampled Under Foot
6. Songhoy Blues – Kashmir
7. Syd Arthur – In The Light
8. Laura Marling – Bron-Yr-Aur
9. Max Jury – Down By The Seaside
10. Michael Kiwanuka – Ten Years Gone
11. Duke Garwood – Night Flight
12. Rose Windows – The Wanton Song
13. Kitty, Daisy And Lewis – Boogie With Stu
14. Hiss Golden Messenger – Black Country Woman
15. Sun Kil Moon – Sick Again

http://bit.do/mojoLZledzep

^^^^^^^The Vinyl edition is available to order from 11am 23/2/15, a little earlier for subscribers, I'll be on it tomorrow morning.

Everyone do yourself a favour and at least get the mag for the CD, you will not be disappointed. This an album of truly remarkable covers.

^^^^^^^The Vinyl edition is available to order from 11am 23/2/15, a little earlier for subscribers, I'll be on it tomorrow morning.

Everyone do yourself a favour and at least get the mag for the CD, you will not be disappointed. This an album of truly remarkable covers.

...that is creativity at its' best...very intrigued, please keep us updated...the Magaine otherwise is available here, which is easily accessible...

Related Links:

http://www.willardswormholes.com/archives/31161

Interview with Jimmy Page...

http://www.todayfm.com/player/podcasts/The_Last_Word_with_Matt_Cooper/The_Last_Word_with_Matt_Cooper/28816/0/exclusive_interview_with_jimmy_page_of_led_zeppelin

Edited by PlanetPage

Absolutely love the covers of Down by the Seaside & Ten years gone.

Absolutely love the covers of Down by the Seaside & Ten years gone.

There's nothing on the CD I don't like, I think 'In the Light' is absolutely stunning. It's interesting that JP likes the Kashmir cover because to me it sounds like how Robert & the SSS might do it.

Edited by JTM

• 1 month later...