Available at Newstands (Nearly) Everywhere

SteveAJones

• 3 weeks later...

Lid (#11) (October 2010) (USA)

New York photography/ art magazine. Has 4 other covers. Will have an exclusive interview with Jimmy and a 28 page preview of the book. I ordered one. I can't wait for this almost as much as the book itself. I think this is the interview that Ross mentioned when he mentioned Dave Brolan, who interviews Jimmy for this. Genesis's site links to this magazine for the interview and preview.

Lid11JimmyPageCover.jpg

http://lidmagazine.net/shopus.html

Taken from lidmagazine.com:

"Lid eleven. In this issue, rare and unpublished Andy Warhol, 1966-1972, a 16 page portfolio by Gretchen Berg. 16 pages highlighting Gerard Malanga's film notebooks featuring Salvador Dali, Bob Dylan, Jack Smith, Donovan, Susan Bottomly, Andy Warhol and others. A 28 page preview of the upcoming Jimmy Page monograph by Genesis Publications with many never before seen photographs spanning Jimmy's life as a musician along with an exclusive interview with Jimmy Page by Dave Brolan. 16 pages by Curtis Knapp featuring rare early Madonna, Klaus Nomi, Joey Arias, John Sex, Rei Kawakubo, Jim Carroll, Lou Reed, and others. 22 pages of rare early Marlon Brando, from the archives of and curated by David Wills. A 34 page portfolio by Daido Moriyama from his Japan Theatre, 1968 photo series. Adam Peters, David Croland, Dagon James, Michael Zagaris, Kate Simon, Billy Name and so much more in this amazing issue!"

I thought I wasn't going to be able to get my hands on this but luckily, I did. Since I did not order Jimmy's book, I thought I would buy this. It is rather cheaper & with only 350, I feel lucky.

Rhythm & Drums (December 2010) (Japan)

201012RhythmDrumsJapan0001.jpg

Issue contains 20 pages (!) of John Bonham coverage (chronology, recordings, equipment, etc) (all Japanese text)

I can obtain a very limited number of copies for forum members wishing to purchase one through me via Paypal.

Send a PM to me if interested.

Treasures of Led Zeppelin (2010)

TreasuresofLedZeppelin.jpg

NEW Treasures Of Led Zeppelin Rock Memorabilia Book

Treasures of Led Zeppelin uncovers the story of the bands beginnings, through its glory years and current successes, with facsimile memorabilia and pull-out treasures.

Includes ticket stubs, programs, flyers, posters, and even a backstage pass, putting music history right in your hands. Written by UK music journalist Chris Welch, who toured with the band in the 70s.

With hundreds of black and white and color archival photos, plus discography. Hardcover in slipcase, 63 pages.

Treasures of Led Zeppelin (2010)

TreasuresofLedZeppelin.jpg

NEW Treasures Of Led Zeppelin Rock Memorabilia Book

Treasures of Led Zeppelin uncovers the story of the bands beginnings, through its glory years and current successes, with facsimile memorabilia and pull-out treasures.

Includes ticket stubs, programs, flyers, posters, and even a backstage pass, putting music history right in your hands. Written by UK music journalist Chris Welch, who toured with the band in the 70s.

With hundreds of black and white and color archival photos, plus discography. Hardcover in slipcase, 63 pages.

For readers in the UK, I spotted this being sold at half price in the high street discount book shop chain (can't remember their name offhand). It's a worthy addition to any Zep fan's collection, and Chris Welch is a much respected music journo who knew the band well.

For readers in the UK, I spotted this being sold at half price in the high street discount book shop chain (can't remember their name offhand). It's a worthy addition to any Zep fan's collection, and Chris Welch is a much respected music journo who knew the band well.

They are selling a brand new release half price already? Weird. Is that commonly done?

They are selling a brand new release half price already? Weird. Is that commonly done?

Hi Grasphinx

It is not in fact a new release. I made a posting back in June of this year about it which I have reprinted below. If it didn't sell too well, I suppose these discount bookshops buy up the stock. Still, it is a worthwhile volume for any collector.

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:28 PM

".... Saw this being reviewed in yesterday's News Of The World. By longtime music journalist Chris Welch, it is called 'Treasures of Led Zeppelin'. The editorial on the Amazon UK site is as follows:-

"Product Description

Sell-out tours in packed stadiums, records going platinum on preorders alone, three-hour long concerts night after night, girls, booze, drugs...Led Zeppelin did it all. 'Treasures of Led Zeppelin', an unofficial publication, tells the story of the amazing journey of four talented young Englishmen on the path to rock 'n' roll glory. It is probably the greatest story of sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll ever told...And the facsimile memorabilia takes you there, with ticket stubs, programmes, beautiful posters, superbly-designed contemporary flyers and other fascinating pieces of musical history in your hands...

About the Author

As a reporter on UK music weekly Melody Maker, Chris Welch went on the road with Led Zeppelin during the early 1970s. Chris has since worked on a variety of music magazines and has written more than 20 books on rock music. He also contributes to UK newspapers. His finest hour was 'Playing conga drums, live on stage in Germany with Led Zep during "Whole Lotta Love"". ..."

SAJ, as a multi-talented person, would you please translate this for us:P

:lol:

It's so time consuming just to have these scanned, let alone translated! Ultimately I will have all of my foreign language articles translated into English, but it will have to be done by others willing and able to do so.

About the Author

As a reporter on UK music weekly Melody Maker, Chris Welch went on the road with Led Zeppelin during the early 1970s. Chris has since worked on a variety of music magazines and has written more than 20 books on rock music. He also contributes to UK newspapers. His finest hour was 'Playing conga drums, live on stage in Germany with Led Zep during "Whole Lotta Love"". ..."

Edited by GeorgeC

When did Chris Welch play congas with Zeppelin? Anyone know the specific date (I'm assuming 1970) and place?

hi, george...

to this end, i can only pose a question: was welch onstage 6/30/80 in frankfurt, germany during the 'wll' free-for-all that included phil carson on bass?

When did Chris Welch play congas with Zeppelin? Anyone know the specific date (I'm assuming 1970) and place?

George -

On July 18, 1970 at the Festhalle in Frankfurt. However, according to 'Led Zeppelin - The Concert File' by Dave Lewis and the Summer 2007 issue of 'Traps' magazine Welch was on timbales, not congos. Anyway, it came about because he had accompanied them throughout their short German tour.

beatbox -

Chris Welch was not present for the 6/30/80 gig at the Festhalle in Frankfurt, it was just record exec/bassist Phil Carson who joined them for an encore jam on 'Money'. Carlos Santana attended and invited Jimmy to his show being held at the same venue the next night...Jimmy accepted and also joined Carlos onstage to perform 'Shake Your Money Maker'.

Edited by SteveAJones

George -

On July 18, 1970 at the Festhalle in Frankfurt. However, according to 'Led Zeppelin - The Concert File' by Dave Lewis and the Summer 2007 issue of 'Traps' magazine Welch was on timbales, not congos. Anyway, it came about because he had accompanied them throughout their short German tour.

Thanks, Steve. I consulted the Lewis book myself to confirm this. Wonder how he sounded? Though a drummer himself, I suspect Welch's inclusion onstage was more for fun and generosity than the need for his musical expertise. Still, not many people can say they played live with LZ. Season's greetings to all in the Mother Country.

Record Collector (November 2010) (UK)

201011RecordCollector.jpg

'The Making of Led Zeppelin III'

On its 40th anniversary, Dave Lewis tells the story of the album that ensured Led Zeppelin would be remembered for much more than stacks of Marshall amps.

Edited by SteveAJones

Record Collector (November 2010) (UK)

201011RecordCollector.jpg

'The Making of Led Zeppelin III'

On its 40th anniversary, Dave Lewis tells the story of the album that ensured Led Zeppelin would be remembered for much more than stacks of Marshall amps.

Thanks, Steve.

R B)

• 3 weeks later...

Young Guitar Bonus Extra 05 (Winter 2010) (Japan)

2010WinterYoungGuitarBonusExtra5-1.jpg

Special 160 page Jeff Beck / Jimmy Page issue; includes Beck/Page guitar lessons cds

CONTENTS

[JEFF BECK]

The Story and Works of JEFF BECK

Biography

Discography

Jeff's Main Guitar Gallery

Chord progression and Playing

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

The Best Score Selection

"Jeff's Boogie" / BECK,BOGERT & APPICE

"Blue Wind" / JEFF BECK