Led Zeppelin fans are smart!

A study was conducted to see if a pattern exists between the type of music one listens to and SAT scores. People who listen to Beethoven were the highest-scoring, rock in the middle, and rap at the lower end. Led Zeppelin is smushed at the high-end of the rock spectrum, just behind U2 and Radiohead.

14dnh37.png

Looking at the chart, it doesn't make much sense to me--Beethoven's way out in front, but "classical" as a category is toward the back, and jazz even behind that . . . :huh:

That's what I thought. Same with Zep and classic rock

And who the heck is Sufjan Stevens???? :huh: (Shakin' Steven's long lost cousin? :lol:)

And why are fans of him/her/them more intelligent than us Zepheads??!! :angry::D That is the big question!

That's what I thought. Same with Zep and classic rock

And who the heck is Sufjan Stevens???? :huh: (Shakin' Steven's long lost cousin? :lol: )

And why are fans of him/her/them more intelligent than us Zepheads??!! :angry::D That is the big question! Because they dont stay up all night on a forum talking about nothing, like we do. :slapface:

Hi MissHD

I thought it might have been the "Cat" but I was wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sufjan_Stevens

Regards, Danny

If Otto Masson reads and comprehends the writings of Immanuel Kant,then yes,Led Zeppelin fans are among the smartest fans on the globe.

I happen to think Otto Masson is quite well-spoken (I don't know him personally) as well as quite a few posters here. I mainly come here to oggle at my crush whoelse Robert Plant :heartbreaker:;) but I do enjoy reading which I can in 2 minutes too. Hey Zep gives us the true gods of rock, so if Zep fans are smarter for that - :yourock:

I don't care for Frodo so it doesn't matter to me how many Einstein's listen to Radiohead. Bob Geldoff can utter their lyrics and attitude in 2 words. I get Billy Joe Armstrong's lyrics and vocal pipes, Frodo :blahblah:

I dont know how scientific this chart is but look at country why do they tend to cluster somewhere in the near bottom :lol:

friends

I dont know how scientific this chart is but look at country why do they tend to cluster somewhere in the near bottom :lol:

:D Well, being from The South I don't have much room to talk...

Finally! A survey that I like! Will have to share with my other Zep head friends

• 3 weeks later...

My music teacher would think the opposite, he does not accept any kind of music except for Jazz and Classic stuff like Mozart.

To him Led Zeppelin is simple music for simple minded people. It maybe is on the level of elevator music. :wall: :wall: :wall:

But who cares about that fool anyway, he considered me too stupid for making my graduate, so that goes in line with me listening to Led Zeppelin. B)

• 1 month later...

I think it's just that the majority of people listen to the shit on the left side and the majority of people also happen to be pretty dumb. Smart people are uncommon so they listen to more uncommon stuff.

I tried listening to Light Classical Music when I was studying for test's in college and it helped me.

One quarter when I was studying for finals and the library was packed with people who only studied at finals time, the only quiet place was in the listening lab, of all places. I strapped on the headphones and Carole King music was playing. So I studied while listening to Carole King.

Got a 4.0 that quarter, listening to this song helped me study.

So Far Away

And this song:

You've Got A Friend

I don't know why the Light Classical helped me but if I put any thing that I usually listen to on, I would have a hard time concentrating on the work I was supposed to be doing. And when I put in the Light Classical I would roll on thru and have no trouble recalling it later.

Archived