Religions

Heartbreaker_Girl

I'm not sure about Bonham or Jones. Probably Anglican but that's a complete guess.

Page was into black magic.

Plant was into eastern type things some and he was also into the history of a lot of things.

I'm not sure about Bonham or Jones. Probably Anglican but that's a complete guess.

Page was into black magic.

Plant was into eastern type things some and he was also into the history of a lot of things.

Hardly, he said had an interest in Crowley that's all. <_<

Page was into black magic. Bet its a woman, Santana wont be pleased. :D

Oh, Jimmy doesn't seem like the kinda guy that would be into that stuff. Either way I still like him. I hate to be a bother but who is Alister Crowley?

Aleister Crowley is a occultist, poet, writer, mountaineer and a yogi. He is a famous member of Ordo Templi Orientis and well known for his occult writing.

You may have heard his words "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law."

Hardly obsessed. More just Fascinated, Interested don't you agree?

This is off topic, but I wonder if anyone knows if it's true that Oscar Wilde wrote a preface (which was cencored) to one of Crowley's books?

This is off topic, but I wonder if anyone knows if it's true that Oscar Wilde wrote a preface (which was cencored) to one of Crowley's books?

Never heard about that, the only thing I know is that the arrest and imprisonment of Oscar Wilde took place in Crowley's first year at Cambridge. And later in the autobiographical preface to his drama The World's Tragedy, Crowley included a section on "Sodomy" where he openly admitted his bisexuality and praised sex between men. And the part was removed.

Never heard about that, the only thing I know is that the arrest and imprisonment of Oscar Wilde took place in Crowley's first year at Cambridge. And later in the autobiographical preface to his drama The World's Tragedy, Crowley included a section on "Sodomy" where he openly admitted his bisexuality and praised sex between men. And the part was removed.

Ah yes, The World's Tragedy preface, that's exactly what I meant. So Crowley decided on his own to use a pre-existing Wilde text?

Ah yes, The World's Tragedy preface, that's exactly what I meant. So Crowley decided on his own to use a pre-existing Wilde text?

? For what l can recall, Crowley didn't use any Wilde text in the preface. It was only what happened to Oscar Wilde led him to write that section. Or there's something I don't know?

And in a certain way his writing was influenced by Oscar Wilde's style.

? For what l can recall, Crowley didn't use any Wilde text in the preface. It was only what happened to Oscar Wilde led him to write that section. Or there's something I don't know?

And in a certain way his writing was influenced by Oscar Wilde's style.

I think you are right, and Wikipedia at least completely supports what you said about the preface. Makes sense too. Thanks!

Hardly obsessed. More just Fascinated, Interested don't you agree?

What bothers me is that a lot of people find out that he was interested (as you said, not obsessed) in the occult and automatically label him as a Satanist. Next thing you know, Led Zeppelin is brainwashing people with backwards lyrics & selling their souls.

Why do people have to jump to conclusions?

What bothers me is that a lot of people find out that he was interested (as you said, not obsessed) in the occult and automatically label him as a Satanist. Next thing you know, Led Zeppelin is brainwashing people with backwards lyrics & selling their souls.

Why do people have to jump to conclusions?

I KNOW! What if someone was obsessed with dogs?? That's not going to make them a dog! Jimmy is too nice a guy to be a satanist!

I KNOW! What if someone was obsessed with dogs?? That's not going to make them a dog! Jimmy is too nice a guy to be a satanist!

:lol: That's a good way to look at it. I know how he feels. I like to wear dark clothes, and almost daily get the "Why are you Goth?" It's really annoying, and probably much worse for him, being famous & all.

And yes, he is too nice a guy :wub:

I was just listening to an interview Robert & Jimmy gave to "Rockline' from 95' & both Robert & Jimmy said that they don't subscribe to any one religion.

As far as Jimmy with "black magic" in an interview with Liz Derringer for CREEM magazine he had said he had never practiced black magic in his life. He said he was interested in all different trains of thought, that he was interested in the different sects of the early Christian organizations forming & fighting eachother, & that maybe he should pursue a degree in Theology to clear up peoples misconceptions on where he stands on his philosophical/religious views.

Jimmy, by definition, is (was) a Thelemite. Basically, a Satanist without the Satan worship. It doesn't seem like he is in to that stuff anymore too heavily.

Plant and Jones always seemed to open-minded to have just one religion. I don't know too much about Bonham. Just get Steve A Jones in here and he'll clear things up. :)

Basically, a Satanist without the Satan worship. It doesn't seem like he is in to that stuff anymore too heavily.

I don't know how it is in the English language, but in Finnish we talk about "satanists" who are actually atheists or some of them possibly even agnostics, and about "devil worshippers" which refers more to an extremely rare type of mental illness than to any philosophy whatsoever.

Edit: ms zeppelin94, I don't think there's anything wrong about someone being a goth. I was just raving about one goth, Sofi Oksanen, in another thread here earlier today. She is the most prestigious young author in my country right now, and even numerous Christian senior citizens hold her in high esteem and love her work.

As far as his Christian interests Page said in that CREEM interview I referred to that he liked the Gnostic Christian Church the best, that he felt they were closest to "the truth". He also said he also believed that Jesus Christ "most certainly had lived & that it was all right'.

As far as being a "Satanist" without worshipping or believing in Satan as a force or deity, wouldn't that go more along the lines of Nietzche's teachings of that you the individual are your own God? Page followed a lot of his writings as well & his philosophy has a similar structure to some Satanist beliefs.

:lol: That's a good way to look at it. I know how he feels. I like to wear dark clothes, and almost daily get the "Why are you Goth?" It's really annoying, and probably much worse for him, being famous & all.

And yes, he is too nice a guy :wub:

Me too, I get used to get that. I USED to be obsessed with this metal band called Dethklok (go back to 2nd grade and learn your spelling, right?) and I would listen to them on the bus really loud. So people would ask me if I was turning Devil-Worshiper. It would make me MAD. But then I washed my IPod in the washer, so I had to listen to my dad's IPod, because we kinda liked the same music, and I saw Led Zeppelin, I had heard of them but never listened to them, so I heard Over The Hills And Far Away and became a Zep Head!

Archived