Religions

Heartbreaker_Girl

:lol:

Good one, Danny--not a sonnet, but close enough! :D

Thanks Aqua, (whats a sonnet?) i was gonna do the "Hamlet Soliloquy" but it was too long and i dont have a clue what a "soliloquy" means, i like my books to have lots of pictures in them. :thanku:

Retards, Danny

Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio, a fellow of infinite

jest, of most excellent fancy. He hath bore me on his back a

thousand times, and now how abhorr'd in my imagination it is!

My gorge rises at it. :tears:

Regards

On him, on him! Look you, how pale he glares!

His form and cause conjoin'd, preaching to stones,

Would make them capable. Do not look upon me;

Lest with this piteous action you convert

My stern effects: then what I have to do

Will want true colour; tears perchance for blood.

Sez you.

3) Stereotypes exist because there is usually some basis for it. Goths most likely will shop at Hot Topic over Wu-Wear because it fulfills their needs, & kids into Hip-Hop will probably shop at Wu-Wear over Hot Topic because it fulfills their needs. If they like both they'll shop at both. Simple.

Stereotpes exist because there's a little truth in all of them.

How did Religion turn into Goth vs. Preps??

Well since its the topic now, I may have a problem...

I shop at Hot Topic, Hollister, and Abercrombie... and other stores ( Pac Sun, Forever 21)

So what am I? Im just myself, where you shop doesnt make you who you are.(DUH) That is why i hate kids my age, they stereotype by which store you bought your pants at.. Does any of it matter, people are saddly becoming more and more immature by the day..

there just pissed at your for not shopping at wall mart

Hamlet Prince of Denmark, Act III Scene IV.

so was the school's cook lol.

how about the alleged ghostwriter :D

ok not gonna go there in case it spurs another thread called:

Shakespeare was part Asian :lol:

anyway i was kidding bigdan

:)

o, she doth teach the torches to burn bright!

it seems she hangs upon the cheek of night

like a rich jewel in an ethiope's ear;

beauty too rich for use, for earth too dear!

so shows a snowy dove trooping with crows,

as yonder lady o'er her fellows shows.

the measure done, i'll watch her place of stand,

and, touching hers, make blessed my rude hand.

did my heart love till now? forswear it, sight!

For i ne'er saw true beauty till this night.

I was so glad when Mercutio was killed in Romeo and Juliet. The guy would go on gigantic rants about random fables and myths that were completely irrelevant (like the Queen Mab one).

yep! he had it comin'...

Led Zeppelin dosen't have backward messages music critics in the 80's said in Stairway to Heaven there was a satanic backward message on one part but people proved that it was a lie. and i did research and i looked into it for a long time and i even proved it was a fake.

Led Zeppelin dosen't have backward messages music critics in the 80's said in Stairway to Heaven there was a satanic backward message on one part but people proved that it was a lie. and i did research and i looked into it for a long time and i even proved it was a fake.

Have you ever actually listened to it backwards? I have several times, and I heard "And as we all sit weeping, Lucifer is near the river"

But that's just me...

As far as his Christian interests Page said in that CREEM interview I referred to that he liked the Gnostic Christian Church the best, that he felt they were closest to "the truth". He also said he also believed that Jesus Christ "most certainly had lived & that it was all right'.

As far as being a "Satanist" without worshipping or believing in Satan as a force or deity, wouldn't that go more along the lines of Nietzche's teachings of that you the individual are your own God? Page followed a lot of his writings as well & his philosophy has a similar structure to some Satanist beliefs.

right B)

i think that jimmy had a bit of a gnostic chrisitan interest and beliefs it is just a feel from my reading of his opinions i dunno of course

but i think that it is so ridiculous to argue about this band's religion every now and then since we don't know them personally and since beliefs are a matter of change and because i don't care even if they were all athiests like pink floyd guys...

but john bonham had a normal christian funeral hadn't he

i think john paul jones i just a normal person with some adherence or another to the church of england but not a freak

robert plant i think that he is just a spritiual guy who takes the best of the religion and leaves the dogma behind his back

and i think because i ve read what was avilable for me to read from jimmy's interviews that he is/was a free thinker who studies all religions and critisise them according to his set of mind and he is a still a searcher for enlightement and the bacon of truth as he said by his own words in an interview about the re-issue of the film TSRTS and he had a big appriation for Alister crowley and that is obvious and he siad that crowley is too relevant today because of his search for the truth and every one must seek his own way... but in one of the 77 interviews he said that he doesn't believe blindly like what pete townshend did with meher baba and his teachings and he is a fan of the self lebritation aspect in crowley's teachings and he uses magick as a bringer to positive power so i think the overall of his thoughts and beliefs in the 70s were releated to the new age because i ve read a lot about new age....being adherent to thelma in 35 years ago doesn't mean that your thoughts may change and be more sophisticated as time goes

to be serious...

satanism and what was sticked with jimmy is the outcome of the religious dogma that the world has drifted into after the 80s and it has reached its peak today even in the most libral countries health seems to be a new religion

i think that jimmy is a truth seeker till death and despite his apretition the thelma he never stops seaching / reading and he will never setlle down easily and submit blindly to a practical belief and whaen i read that he wished to have a degree in theology makes me more (sure)..but not certain that he is still a free thinker or a truth seeker or just a new ager guy but he his thoughts were misprinted by the press

and also non of them was the anti christ :D even if non of them was christian

otherwise

why they did cover the song jesus gonna makin my dyin bed and named it in my time of dyin

if only because of the slide guitar they may had put any secular lyrics into this riff otherwise if they have covered it for the sake of the slide guitar why didn't david glimour or any famous athiest artist cover it! even if non of them is christian at least they don't hate their beliefs..right?

and this song was on every set list in jimmy's solo carrer after breaking up the firm with paul rodgers

he performed it in his outrider tour(i have a full concert actually and at the last minute of it before jimmy leaved the stage he said god bless you not satan bless you really)

also it was performed with david coverdale

and with the black crowes

if they just did it for bonham's sake why jimmy still performs it

and what about the lyrics of abslution blues in the coverdale/page album

it has tooo gospelish lyrics and page is cridited in writing it just ad coverdale

so put the rumors and crap aside and start thinking in a proper way

i hope that helped you to think without the press rumors B)

i mean no offence in the word proper way here means (scientific way)but i felt as if im at school if i said this word ^_^

i mean that you think without the influence of the press rumors and the internet rumors that take these speculations about led zep spirituality to an extreme and sometimes they say bizzare things like the backward masking for example

i hope that helped :wave:

Archived