Robert in the 60's

Heartbreaker_Girl

1967_Plant_01.jpg Well he is outside of a courthouse, right? Cant be too happy there..

Mmmm...

Am I the only one...???

Is anyone reading the sign he's holding....maybe Maryjane had a little to do with the look on his face :slapface::D

First Jimmy, now Robert! I don't understand why if someone isn't smiling in a photograph, that means they're sad--in both cases, they're trying to look cool, and in both cases mostly succeeding, given the time period. Not that I knew him then (or now), but I can pretty much guarantee Robert had a whale of a time in the 60s. :D No need for sorrowful empathy with either of them.

First Jimmy, now Robert! I don't understand why if someone isn't smiling in a photograph, that means they're sad--in both cases, they're trying to look cool, and in both cases mostly succeeding, given the time period. Not that I knew him then (or now), but I can pretty much guarantee Robert had a whale of a time in the 60s. :D No need for sorrowful empathy with either of them.

The best years of my life go by

here I am alone and blue

Let's see, Robert started the 1960's as a 12 year old, and ended it at 21.

So, for those pre-Zep photos he was what, 16? 18?

And, for the bulk of the decade he was not famous, and not rich. And he lived in industrial Birmingham.

I'd say he looks in those photos like any other teenager at that stage in their life does. Awkward.

RP_67.jpg

This is his grown-up pout. If he were still little it would mean that he maybe wanted chocolate milk and cookies, his favorite toy, his puppy, his mama or all five. Or a nap and his favorite blankie.

band_of_joy_1968.jpg

He looks very centered, thoughtful and confident. Notice the hand on the hip.

plant24_band_of_joy_1966.jpg

He appears casual and confident in this one.

bandofjoy.jpg

It seems as if he needs a hug in this one. He's got a pretty good hold on that tree.

Let's see, Robert started the 1960's as a 12 year old, and ended it at 21.

So, for those pre-Zep photos he was what, 16? 18?

And, for the bulk of the decade he was not famous, and not rich. And he lived in industrial Birmingham.

I'd say he looks in those photos like any other teenager at that stage in their life does. Awkward.

None of us were rich or famous in the 60s either, and didn't live in posh areas. And it was still a wonderful decade, which we enjoyed enormously. I'm pretty sure it was the same for Plant, who was joining bands, making his name as a singer, playing the major music venues in the UK, joining Zeppelin, making hit albums--all in the 60s.

I don't even think he looks particularly awkward in those pics!

None of us were rich or famous in the 60s either, and didn't live in posh areas. And it was still a wonderful decade, which we enjoyed enormously. I'm pretty sure it was the same for Plant, who was joining bands, making his name as a singer, playing the major music venues in the UK, joining Zeppelin, making hit albums--all in the 60s.

Too young to know how it was in the 60s, but I didn't laugh or smile in every picture of mine. B)

Too young to know how it was in the 60s, but I didn't laugh or smile in every picture of mine. B)

Me either. :D But it was still a great decade as a whole.

And I forgot to mention that Robert also married Maureen and they had Carmen, in the sixties.

I don't think he looks awkward or sad.

Archived