Led Zeppelin vs The Who

McSeven

In your oppinion whats the main differences between the two bands? Feel free to take this topic anywhere you want.

In my opinion The Who talked about thier generation and always seemed to have lyrics that refelcted politics and revolution in some aspect.

Zep were more about Blues and Mythology. They took you away from your troubles. The took you to your troubles.

More later..

Mc7

First, start with the similarities.

Both had fantastic drummers who were out of control and died at the same age.

Both had bass players who were multi instrumentalists with very unassuming stage presence

Both had curly blond headed studs as lead vocalists.

Both had outstanding guitarists who did the majority of songwriting and basically lead the group.

Having said that, they don't sound at all like each other and had very different musical agendas.

First, start with the similarities.

Both had fantastic drummers who were out of control and died at the same age.

Both had bass players who were multi instrumentalists with very unassuming stage presence

Both had curly blond headed studs as lead vocalists.

Both had outstanding guitarists who did the majority of songwriting and basically lead the group.

Having said that, they don't sound at all like each other and had very different musical agendas.

Bravo! :thumbsup:

I agree as well. They are two of my top 5 favorite bands of all-time. Even though I am a Zep head all the way, The Who has a sound that, like Zeppelin, nobody can match. These two bands were the epitome of what music is and should be.

They are really different music style wise. The structure though is really close with the set up of the bands. (i.e. singers, drummer, etc.) They also started out in different times.

Yep, the Who had close to five years on Zep.

About the time LZ was forming, Pete was putting the final touches on his first masterpiece.

Archived