To All of You Lucky Enough to Go

I'm posting this to every Zep forum I belong to mainly because I feel I need to get it off my chest. Every time I see a thread/post about how someone got a ticket and is going I'm selfishly a little more consumed by envy.

To all of you going, congratulations. I hope you have an amazing time, and I hope it brings back and/or creates memories that will never go away (even if you want them to, lol). I hope you have fun, I hope you dance, I hope you sing, I hope you have the time of your lives, and I hope you leave that night unable to sleep. I hope to see thousands of posts concerning how amazing this reunion was, making the rest of us even more envious than we are already (and I'm NOT being sarcastic). I hope all of you truly enjoy the magic you are gearing up to witness.

I also hope, while you're there, you will keep in mind the rest of us unlucky ones who didn't get our names drawn or otherwise don't have a ticket. I hope you'll remember all of us who will be sitting at home crying, partying, or just listening to what we have of Zep, all the while knowing that we're missing out on such great magic. I hope you'll keep in mind all of us who have been left behind. And I hope you'll enjoy the show a little more just for us. Have an even more amazingly, incredibly magical evening just for us.

And to follow, I have two requests:

1. Please, I beg of you... please. Pray for a reunion. Then when you're there, shout that prayer as loud as you can. If you can't do it for yourself, do it for the rest of us who've been left behind. Do it for us who don't get to witness this magical night and want to.

2. This request is only for the daring and the brave-hearted: If you have a recorder, bring it! Then share what you record.

I am so happy for all of you yet so freakin' envious! December 10 will be the most amazing yet most depressing day of my life, and I'm sure others will agree.

Have a great time, all of you, and keep us in mind. Thank you.

Archived