Best-sounding boots

MisterMcLov1n

Also, is the For Bagdeholders Only (EV) release better than the SGT. Page's Club Band version?

IMO, as far as the (incomplete) Millard source goes, "Sgt Page's" gets my vote; the source used up to "SIBLY" oddly isn't the old "Dragonfly Vinyl" source, but it ain't bad; the rest of the show is Mike The Mike's tape. That said, as far as the Badgeholders show goes, I've always preferred the old TDOLZ version, since it mainly uses the old Dragonfly vinyl source, which -again, IMO- trumps Millard; it just sounds a bit warmer for me (Millard is only used to patch on TDOLZ).

"Deep Striker"? Well, sound quality aside, it's four CD's as opposed to three (as is "Sunset") but for me the June 27 show is likely my favourite Mike Millard Zeppelin recording...it sounds very warm. I agree Mike The Mike was the master taper, but a lot of his stuff has too much high end for my taste, not enough bottom. YMMV, of course. I think Millard found a good balance between lows and highs on his recording of the 27th.

Mind ya, you can't go wrong with Winston's remasters of any of the Millard-recorded LA shows (I was not aware Andy did the 23rd as well as the 21st/25th/27th). General consensus tends to be that Winston's remaster of the "Eddie" show is the definitive version...I'd tend to agree.

IMO, as far as the (incomplete) Millard source goes, "Sgt Page's" gets my vote; the source used up to "SIBLY" oddly isn't the old "Dragonfly Vinyl" source, but it ain't bad; the rest of the show is Mike The Mike's tape. That said, as far as the Badgeholders show goes, I've always preferred the old TDOLZ version, since it mainly uses the old Dragonfly vinyl source, which -again, IMO- trumps Millard; it just sounds a bit warmer for me (Millard is only used to patch on TDOLZ).

"Deep Striker"? Well, sound quality aside, it's four CD's as opposed to three (as is "Sunset") but for me the June 27 show is likely my favourite Mike Millard Zeppelin recording...it sounds very warm. I agree Mike The Mike was the master taper, but a lot of his stuff has too much high end for my taste, not enough bottom. YMMV, of course. I think Millard found a good balance between lows and highs on his recording of the 27th.

Mind ya, you can't go wrong with Winston's remasters of any of the Millard-recorded LA shows (I was not aware Andy did the 23rd as well as the 21st/25th/27th). General consensus tends to be that Winston's remaster of the "Eddie" show is the definitive version...I'd tend to agree.

Thanks mate, i recenly got the Winston version of the 21st (thanks to tom kid) and it is awesome, i also DL the Sgt.Page version of the 23rd and it too sounds great IMO, might try and find the Winston 27th version..

Didn't know he did one for the 23rd, of course he did the famous 21st show <_<

EDIT - I just DL the sgt-pages-badgeholders version fron Tarantura and is sounds great to me :mellow:

I'm sorry, I screwed up. I always thought both my 6-21 & 6-23 were Winston Remasters, but the 23rd is actually Genuine Masters - For Badgeholders Only. Sorry for the confusion.

Been listening to my boot of Earls Court 25th show and the last 2 mins of No Quarter are AUD, is this on everyone's boot? :unsure:

It is on the dvd ive got yep.

Check underground uprising for info on boots

Archived