10,000 members

slave to zep

i just noticed that at the time of posting this, we have 9,998 members.

i know there are LOTS who don't post, or who haven't in a long time.

it would be nice to hear from some of the members who don't post ........ come and say "hi"

p.s. i guess this doesn't really deserve a new topic, but i wasn't sure where to put it!

carry on .......

Led Zeppelin Official Forum does have 10 000 forum members now.

:welcome2: HappynessA and other new members!

Does that make us 10K Maniacs

Our members have made a total of 307,497 posts

We have 10,000 registered members

The newest member is HappynessA

Most users ever online was 3,039 on Dec 10 2007, 06:27 PM

Im sure there are alot that are into Led Zeppelin and just find the site either through a search engine or just type in Led Zeppelin.com. And then they join and probably just never come back again. Just not into being on a computer. Like my wife. She has to work on one all day and at night wants no part of it. :computertrash:

yes, you could be right there. but every now and again you see an "oldie" posting again. sometimes i remember them, sometimes it's someone who joined and left long before i even joined. a few months ago i went back to the start of the " post a picture of yourself" thread, and there were many on there that made me say " oh! i remember them, wonder what happened to them? " i know life goes on, but if you are a non-poster, why not just pop in and say "hi, i am still around " ........... :)

Does that make us 10K Maniacs

Our members have made a total of 307,497 posts

We have 10,000 registered members

The newest member is HappynessA

Most users ever online was 3,039 on Dec 10 2007, 06:27 PM

An ever growing bunch of Zeppelin maniacs, I guess so. :)

I Wonder how many members other major bands' forums have. That's not a competition of course, but I'm a bit curious.

Dudes, you already missed the post messiah from the previous board. He was to bring eternal salvation. Turned out to be a dud.

Who, may I ask, was that?

I was lurking on the site long before I made a post. When Wannabe was bashing Ohio State on the college football thread, I had to make a post. :lol:

I have learned so much about my favorite band from all of you on this forum that I want to say "Thank You" to everyone. :thanku::thanku:

So don't be afraid to post. As SteveAJones says: "Collaboration is the key!"

Dudes, you already missed the post messiah from the previous board. He was to bring eternal salvation. Turned out to be a dud.

:hysterical:

THAT WAS THE FIRST THING I THOUGHT OF WHEN I SAW THIS TOPIC!

Oh hell, "he" didn't even post a thing.

I still have a theory about that one--that it was a board member trying to get the coveted number.

yes, you could be right there. but every now and again you see an "oldie" posting again. sometimes i remember them, sometimes it's someone who joined and left long before i even joined. a few months ago i went back to the start of the " post a picture of yourself" thread, and there were many on there that made me say " oh! i remember them, wonder what happened to them? " i know life goes on, but if you are a non-poster, why not just pop in and say "hi, i am still around " ........... :)

I'd tell you what happened to a lot of them, but then I'd probably get into trouble. Big Brother and all, yanno. ;)

Sadly some who only post once or twice come on to spam and that's it :(

:slapface:

EDITED TO ADD TO AN EXISTING POST INSTEAD OF POSTING AGAIN. ;)

i so wished i had joined earlier, just never got around to it.

i was also wondering, who would be our youngest and oldest members? who has the earliest member number........ has anyone got number 1, 2 etc?

I think Sam is No. 1 and 'admin' is No. 2.

Go to the top of the page, 1. click members. Then look at 2.

2ns409s.jpg

2. Click this and choose "join date". Leave the other options alone, unless you want more names posted per page, then click up to 60.

2q3ddsn.jpg

Click 4. GO and here's the beginning of your list.

2ugpjeh.jpg

Number 3 is Ben, 4 is Kashmir and 5 is BigJetPlane. If you click the box that says "ascending" and put in "descending", you'll see the newest members and can backtrack from there.

oh thanks for that, i am a bit IT challenged!

so i wonder who is the earliest number who is still an active poster?

oh thanks for that, i am a bit IT challenged!

so i wonder who is the earliest number who is still an active poster?

Bear in mind that there were probably close to 2,000 folks who registered the first day so they were all within nanoseconds of each other. I'm pretty sure I signed up within the first hour that the switch took place (from the other LZ site) and I got number 188. So, what I'm trying to say, is that it's probably more accurate to look at the day of registering rather than the member number to see who is the earliest active poster.

To answer the other question, about how this site compares membership-wise to others....well, I've seen comparable numbers, over 10,000, on other classic rock forums such as for Rush, Yes, The Who, etc. Moody Blues fans are a little under that the last time I checked (few years ago). More contemp bands like U2 have far more than 10 K registered. I think it depends on who tours the most, people join fansites to get tour info I've found.

I've also been a member on fan forum where the count was as low as 25, for classical vocalist Mario Frangoulis. I was a founding member of his online fan group and have watched membership blossom over the past 7 years to a whopping 500 today! LOL

And if someone were to die or something happened to them, we would have no way to know. Thats why I put all of my important info for my wife on a paper in case something happens to me. Nobody will be left in the dark. Whether they like me or not, they will at least know my fate.

You mean for online friends & acquaintances, right? All the people you've chatted with for years but don't have personal data (home address, phone #) on? My husband is computer illiterate but I've already asked my daughter to send out a form e-mail to all in my computer Address Book upon my demise. That way, if one or two from each online group I'm with knows then they can pass the word along. As you said, whether they like me or not, at least they'll know. And I can think of a few women right off top of my head for whom it would be happy news!

An ever growing bunch of Zeppelin maniacs, I guess so. :)

I Wonder how many members other major bands' forums have. That's not a competition of course, but I'm a bit curious.

I was on Manic Nirvana (the Robert Plant Site) last week, and after being on here so much, I felt really lonely. There were 3 other members on there, and the most on there at one time was 19.

You mean for online friends & acquaintances, right? All the people you've chatted with for years but don't have personal data (home address, phone #) on? My husband is computer illiterate but I've already asked my daughter to send out a form e-mail to all in my computer Address Book upon my demise. That way, if one or two from each online group I'm with knows then they can pass the word along. As you said, whether they like me or not, at least they'll know. And I can think of a few women right off top of my head for whom it would be happy news!

You should start a thread on this. About writing important things down. Having a Living will and proxy and writing down passcodes to internet sites like this one and bank passwords to make it easier for those you care about just in case you meet your maker before you expected.

Archived