O2 concert DVD

hawaiigor

You gotta think...

It took 24 years for Knebworth to be partially released, 28 for partial Earl's Court, 33 for most of Albert Hall...

Who knows how long it will take for this to be released? Besides Jimmy Page, of course. :P

Good point. I never though of that. Hmmmmm Pay-Per-View or Movie Theatre, now that would be sweet!

I don't think Pay Per View, but something like Bravo, HBO or ShowTime. One of the bigger cable outlets I would think, considering the band involved and their stature.

I bet we have it within two years. No wager though. Sorry!

• 2 weeks later...
if there was jimmy would edit the hell out of it

just like he does to everything else. i love him but man he works himself to death analyzing ever milla second of video and audio tape of concert footage of zeppelin.. but thats wat makes him pagey

A lot of people think he's too much of a perfectionist and would like to see things released as they are. Without all the editing. All performances have minor flaws. Maybe he should leave them in.

I totally agree. Take for example the BBC Session. I love most of the unedited version as opposed to the official stuff. I am a big music and a hugh Led Zeppelin fan. However, I feel the the official BBC is commercialized. Most non-hardcore fans do not want the mistakes and plantations left in, which is why most live concerts are edited prior to official release.

I totally agree. Take for example the BBC Session. I love most of the unedited version as opposed to the official stuff. I am a big music and a hugh Led Zeppelin fan. However, I feel the the official BBC is commercialized. Most non-hardcore fans do not want the mistakes and plantations left in, which is why most live concerts are edited prior to official release.

That is who most releases are aimed toward and not a particular band's hardcore base. That is unless you do something like the Grateful Dead releases and the Dick's Picks series.

I wouldn't pay a cent to see The Song Remains the Same in theaters unless the fantasy sequences were taken out and the removed songs were put back in.

It wouldn't be the same for me without them. I know they're a bit cheesy but I like them :)

It wouldn't be the same for me without them. I know they're a bit cheesy but I like them :)

For many of us seeing the The Song Remains the Same on the big screen brings back alot of memories of seeing in the movie in the 70s when home theatre did not exist.

The film really attained a cult status similar to Rocky Horrow Picture Show

For many of us seeing the The Song Remains the Same on the big screen brings back alot of memories of seeing in the movie in the 70s when home theatre did not exist.

I'm sure. I sadly wasn't old enough to see it in the theater so my first experience was on tape. Still amazing because it was the first time I got a glimpse of what they were like live.

Boy, i couldn't agree more!! I remember going by myself a gazillion times (after a while, who on earth would go with me so much!! LOL!!) and sitting in the the theater thinking "OK, maybe just ONE more time, because I'll never be able to see it again after it leaves!!". Ahhh...the days before VCR's/DVD's/etc........ :D

Sharon

PS--would LOVE it in Imax!!!!! ahhh...seeing Pagey 3 stories high...Oops..was that out loud?!?? ;)

• 3 weeks later...

:yesnod:

I never saw TSRTS in theaters (oh, did I want to!), but I well remember the huge lines snaking for blocks for those numerous midnight shows.

NO other band had their mystique & drawing power.

I did, some folks that were with me found it rubbish and wanted to leave early, I was bothered about that.

You mean this silliness is still on? Artists you have to give room to flex or they just wont perform. They said it wont be released and even the authentic promo vids were a bit dicey if you ask me. Too much special effects if you ask me.

Strip it down and do what you do best. The music. Well if it were to happen...

I know a guitarist you have to give plenty of room until he has a cozy feeling and then it fly's.

I think you hear me, many of the best artists are very eccentric.

Archived