Theatre

eagle87

• 3 months later...

Chick thread

LOL come on, Oracle, many a career has begun because boys though the drama club was a target rich environment to pick up girls. Going on two thousand years now ;)

Hi Patrycja, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I will always remember him with great fondness as "Captain Jean-Luc Picard" and one if not the most important English Actors ever to grace this world. :beer:

Kind Regards, Danny

Cheers, Danny. I admit I watched that series. He's pretty much what got me into it as I am not a Trekkie. I'd love to see him on stage live (I have some taped theatre performances, but it's not the same).

:beer:

LOL come on, Oracle, many a career has begun because boys though the drama club was a target rich environment to pick up girls. Going on two thousand years now ;)

Cheers, Danny. I admit I watched that series. He's pretty much what got me into it as I am not a Trekkie. I'd love to see him on stage live (I have some taped theatre performances, but it's not the same).

:beer:

Hi Patrycja,

The first time i saw him he was playing Sejanus in "I Claudius" circa 1976, i have it on VHS and now DVD and i watch it religiously at least once a year, just to see how the BBC used to make low budget but highly informative historical period dramas, if you know what i mean? which i know you do. :lol:

And ere's two ya. :beer:

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, My kids all love Patrick and "I Claudius" as well, a sign of good child rearing and discipline. :buttsmack:

LOL come on, Oracle, many a career has begun because boys though the drama club was a target rich environment to pick up girls. Going on two thousand years now wink.gif

beer.gif

Many? I'd say some.

Most of the guys in theater were fags. They picked each other up. dry.gif

Hi all,

Not all. ;)

Now it's -fags-? :rolleyes:

Wonderful.

KB

Hi Kev,

Whats a "Fag" mate? do they give off little "Poofs" of smoke? and what about their "Butts" are they "Tight but Loose" or what? :o:lol:

Hi Patrycja

Now i know where i was going wrong, i thought "Acting the Goat" and "Kicking Arse" were top for pulling birds, i never gave it a thought that "Acting the Prat" or "Waltzing with a Woofter" would actually get me notches on me bed post, thanks for the advice, although about 4 decades too late. :kiss:

Very Kind Regards, Danny

PS, Do ya fancy a Rumba Pat? :lol:

Hi Patrycja,

The first time i saw him he was playing Sejanus in "I Claudius" circa 1976, i have it on VHS and now DVD and i watch it religiously at least once a year, just to see how the BBC used to make low budget but highly informative historical period dramas, if you know what i mean? which i know you do. :lol:

And ere's two ya. :beer:

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, My kids all love Patrick and "I Claudius" as well, a sign of good child rearing and discipline. :buttsmack:

:lol: yep, I sure do. Hasn't really changed too much. I recently got a copy of "Hamlet" (BBC Wales), starring David Tennant as Hamlet and Patrick Stewart as Claudius/Ghost and while the acting's great in some moments, the production quality is eerily reminiscent of past productions ;)

For the record, I regret bringing up the whole picking up girls comment for boys being in theatre. It was meant as a light distraction from a dumb generalization, yet it unfortunately opened the door for further ignorant and inaccurate comments about sexual orientation and theatre. Bad tangent. So in all seriousness, theatre along with many other performing arts (along with, say, music??) play an integral part in people's lives, and people give their whole selves to it. That deserves respect.

:lol: yep, I sure do. Hasn't really changed too much. I recently got a copy of "Hamlet" (BBC Wales), starring David Tennant as Hamlet and Patrick Stewart as Claudius/Ghost and while the acting's great in some moments, the production quality is eerily reminiscent of past productions ;)

For the record, I regret bringing up the whole picking up girls comment for boys being in theatre. It was meant as a light distraction from a dumb generalization, yet it unfortunately opened the door for further ignorant and inaccurate comments about sexual orientation and theatre. Bad tangent. So in all seriousness, theatre along with many other performing arts (along with, say, music??) play an integral part in people's lives, and people give their whole selves to it. That deserves respect.

Hi Patrycja, or should i say "Mylene"? :lol: ("No Regrets" just for the ignorant you understend?)

Couldnt agree more Pat, but for Boys, (Girls too i suppose) it was all about getting laid, well it was for us ignorant gutter snipes from the East End of London anyway, and i had little to no sucess at that so i decieded to go the Way of the Warrior and joined a Martial Arts School, so if i couldnt pull em i could sure knock em for six hey? :lol:

The Royal Shakespear Company certainle threw up some gems, Patrick Stewart, Brian Blessed, John Hurt, Christopher Biggins (now theres one of the campest and most generious actor and man you could ever meet, a true Queen if there ever was one. :lol:) Derek Jacobi, Sian Philips, George Baker, to name but a few, and there are many, where would Blighty be without them? ;)

Kind Regards, Danny

Hi Patrycja, or should i say "Mylene"? :lol: ("No Regrets" just for the ignorant you understend?)

Couldnt agree more Pat, but for Boys, (Girls too i suppose) it was all about getting laid, well it was for us ignorant gutter snipes from the East End of London anyway, and i had little to no sucess at that so i decieded to go the Way of the Warrior and joined a Martial Arts School, so if i couldnt pull em i could sure knock em for six hey? :lol:

The Royal Shakespear Company certainle threw up some gems, Patrick Stewart, Brian Blessed, John Hurt, Christopher Biggins (now theres one of the campest and most generious actor and man you could ever meet, a true Queen if there ever was one. :lol:) Derek Jacobi, Sian Philips, George Baker, to name but a few, and there are many, where would Blighty be without them? ;)

Kind Regards, Danny

Hey Danny, sorry I don't get the Mylene reference :huh: but anyway I wasn't having a go at you personally. People of whatever orientation have done, do, and will continue to do what they will to pair up with suitable partners, be it theatre or martial arts, or rock music ;). I just wanted to steer the focus back on the intrinsic value of arts in general. It's about the work and how it connects to people, yeah?

RSC - many greats had their start there, no doubt, but there's been a bit of a backlash against what was perceived as 'the establishment' and so many great actors also arose out of smaller local theatres that focus on modern drama. Anyway, it's great that so many of those who have made it in movies continue to work in theatre as well.

Go in peace, Warrior :beer:

Hey Danny, sorry I don't get the Mylene reference :huh: but anyway I wasn't having a go at you personally. People of whatever orientation have done, do, and will continue to do what they will to pair up with suitable partners, be it theatre or martial arts, or rock music ;). I just wanted to steer the focus back on the intrinsic value of arts in general. It's about the work and how it connects to people, yeah?

RSC - many greats had their start there, no doubt, but there's been a bit of a backlash against what was perceived as 'the establishment' and so many great actors also arose out of smaller local theatres that focus on modern drama. Anyway, it's great that so many of those who have made it in movies continue to work in theatre as well.

Go in peace, Warrior :beer:

Hi Patryjca,

Mylene Farmer sang "Regrets" but the funny thing is that what i meant it to mean was "Non, je ne regrette rien" by Edith Piaf, so sorry "Edith", its me being one step ahead of senility i suppose. If you're still confused I'm not a bit surprised, look back at a former post and you will find you mentioned the word "Regret" and it all went a bit tits up from there, you should know me by now, i never let a bit of humour go unpunished or come between friends, me a warrior? heaven forbid, in a former life maybe. :lol:

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, As for sexual orientation, i like to be at least half awake, laying down, and of course thinking of England, lazy bastard that i am, :o and you? :lol:

Hi Patryjca,

Mylene Farmer sang "Regrets" but the funny thing is that what i meant it to mean was "Non, je ne regrette rien" by Edith Piaf, so sorry "Edith", its me being one step ahead of senility i suppose. If you're still confused I'm not a bit surprised, look back at a former post and you will find you mentioned the word "Regret" and it all went a bit tits up from there, you should know me by now, i never let a bit of humour go unpunished or come between friends, me a warrior? heaven forbid, in a former life maybe. :lol:

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, As for sexual orientation, i like to be at least half awake, laying down, and of course thinking of England, lazy bastard that i am, :o and you? :lol:

Aaaaah yes Edith Piaf. I love that song :) Ok that makes sense lol. Hmmm, at least half-awake?? I guess that's a better standard than 'having a pulse' :D As for my orientation, I follow whichever star leads me right to Al Pacino, and if I happen to get lost and end up on Leonard Cohen's doorstep along the way, all the better.

And now for some theatre content:

http://www.shakespeares-globe.org/theatre/annualtheatreseason/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

We recently saw 2 plays.....'Black Comedy' which was pretty off the wall because they had to act like they were in the dark with the lights on. :lol:

'Zombieville'---A high school play which is about a zombie that dreams he is human and falls in love with a girl.

Pretty cool

B)

• 7 months later...

Anyone watch the Tony Awards tonight? Really fine job by Neil Patrick Harris. And some great productions numbers from the nominated (and some not nominated) musicals. The Book of Mormon won most of the categories it was nominated in. Can't wait to see it...and so many other shows.

If you're interested, the cast recording of Book of Mormon is $1.99 today only on Amazon.

Anyone watch the Tony Awards tonight? Really fine job by Neil Patrick Harris. And some great productions numbers from the nominated (and some not nominated) musicals. The Book of Mormon won most of the categories it was nominated in. Can't wait to see it...and so many other shows.

If you're interested, the cast recording of Book of Mormon is $1.99 today only on Amazon.

Yep. Harris was excellent. The show was really good through and through (even though Pacino didn't win...boo). Speaking of which, I saw him in Merchant of Venice this past January in NYC. Really good show. His sometime co-star Christopher Plummer was amazing in Barrymore, too. This week I'm off to see some shows at the Luminato Festival.

Saw "The Importance of Being Earnest" last night with Brian Bedford. It was quite good!

Got really good reviews - glad you enjoyed it!

We're considering a short trip up over the July 4th weekend to see How to Succeed and The Normal Heart. Hope we can pull it off!

Im about to start theatre again... I've already done two year of theatre before, and now i come back. This one is gonna be in English (the first one around here).

So... any one like it? or done it? or would like to do it?

I've only done a little bit of theater stuff. I did tech on one musical and got leading roles in three plays and another musical

Archived