paul mccartney...

LedZep1969

An ideal song for Paul to cover

Flying without... WINGS...HaHa very funny Wes. Don't know if Macca's flying these days, coasting more like. Edited by JTM

Don't know if Macca's flying these days, coasting more like.

Coasting in the live performances a bit, sure, but at least McCartney is still making new music (some of which is actually good!) unlike some artists of his ilk...

To his credit, Paul still gives the punters their money's worth, I mean, he could just as easily say "fuck you" and play for an hour and a half, thank you and goodnight...

Edited by Nutrocker

Coasting in the live performances a bit, sure, but at least McCartney is still making new music (some of which is actually good!) unlike some artists of his ilk...

To his credit, Paul still gives the punters their money's worth, I mean, he could just as easily say "fuck you" and play for an hour and a half, thank you and goodnight...

Of course, don't get me wrong I'm not knocking him. I hope he carries on until he drops. I do think his vocals are a LITTLE shot though, but hey he is in his 70s.

Of course, don't get me wrong I'm not knocking him. I hope he carries on until he drops. I do think his vocals are a LITTLE shot though, but hey he is in his 70s.

I think it's safe to say McCartney is one of those artists who will carry on until he drops...for all the pot the guy smoked I'd be inclined to say audience response has always been Paul's drug of choice :lol:

No, his voice ain't what it used to be but at least he's nowhere near as bad as, say, Bob Dylan (I have not been able to make it all the way through Dylan's last two albums because his voice is so bad now). Of course, the days when Paul McCartney was able to knock off "Long Tall Sally" and "Kansas City" in one take was almost fifty years ago...time marches on.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Paul's new album -New- is a top five McCartney album. It's right up there with Band On The Run, Tug Of War and Flaming Pie IMO. Not a bad song in the lot, which you sure as hell can't say about a lot of Macca's albums.

You nailed probably my three favorites so I might have to trust you on this! I'm a big fan of his first solo album too, "McCartney"...

• 8 months later...

what a load of horse shit.

'a hard days night' is considered one of the best, if not THE BEST rock music film ever made. it is even considered one of the top 10 films ever made by roger ebert, who used to teach a class about the film at northwestern.

if you prefer 'press to play' over 'pepper', well, that is your right, but in my mind, pepper owns one of the greatest songs ever written (a day in the life), which makes this topic moot...

i love paul mccartney and his solo music, have seen him several times and am a huge beatles fan. even paul would thank you for your careful compiling of statistics, but defer to his original band.

the best thing about broad street is JPJ...

edit to add: here is to the hope that 'horsey' is being sarcastic....

haha on this quote,wonder where this was said or quoted from??

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...