Jimmy Pages Vision

Cav

I thought this may be a topic worth talking about. I often wonder what Jimmy's vision is at this point of his life. In planning Zeppelin he had a plan of what he wanted. Everything from sound and type of music, to style of vocalist. I wonder what direction or plan for that matter he has at this time, if any.Or do you think he is just simply adding some more credits to his legacy?If you feel that he has a plan take a shot and tell me what you think that direction is.

Regards

Cav

Well, from what I've heard in books, he wanted to get a band together because Mickie Most basically ruined the Yardbirds. He wanted to get something together that was bluesy. How Jimmy and Robert met was that while Jimmy was looking for people to be in the band, Terry Reid suggested Jimmy should check Robert out. Jimmy was unfamiliar with the name and it's a cruel but justifiable judgment that Reid's recommendation was probably his greatest contribution to rock history. It's perfectly possible that Robert's cause was also pleaded by others, including noted musical matchmaker Alexis Korner, with whom Robert had formed an ad hoc duo, and by Tony Secunda, the manager of Procul Harum and The Move, who tried to get Robert a solo deal after Band Of Joy split and claims that he mentioned him as a likely lad to Peter Grant. How Jimmy met Bonzo was through Robert of course. Jimmy liked Bonzo because of his very loud drumming. I THINK Jimmy already knew John Paul, but I'm not sure. That was mainly how the band got together, but I have no idea what it is now.

I think that Jimmy, jazzed by the success of the 02 Reunion, wants to go out and play Led Zeppelin songs to people that will dig hearing them as much as he will enjoy playing them.

He would do it for the sake of the fans and himself (others three parties willing of course! Well one party truthfully) and with full awareness of the inevitable chorus of criticism regarding 'legacy' and 'greed'.

I THINK Jimmy already knew John Paul, but I'm not sure. That was mainly how the band got together, but I have no idea what it is now.

actually in Hammer Of The Gods jp asked jpj if he wanted to do some acts together later jpj accepted couple months later, zeppelin is what happened

I think that Jimmy, jazzed by the success of the 02 Reunion, wants to go out and play Led Zeppelin songs to people that will dig hearing them as much as he will enjoy playing them.

He would do it for the sake of the fans and himself (others three parties willing of course! Well one party truthfully) and with full awareness of the inevitable chorus of criticism regarding 'legacy' and 'greed'.

Well it would have to be all of them in agreement - Jimmy has said it's not Zep if they aren't all on board :)

actually in Hammer Of The Gods jp asked jpj if he wanted to do some acts together later jpj accepted couple months later, zeppelin is what happened

Hammer of the Gods is not the most accurate source of information.

Promote the It might Get Loud effort

Sift through the 02 footage and audio

Talk with his peeps about if he is still relevant enough to release new material and to travel to make money and share his love for music as others of his age group are currently doing (Robert, Eric, Stevie, Jeff, Rod, Pete and Rodger and others)

Be with his family and enjoy being a elder statesmen of ROCK

It's not 1968 anymore, so I would imagine his vision creatively & optically is different from then. I imagine being a superstar is not the most pressing thing on his mind as is finding a warm enough sweater to wear while walking outdoors with his young children.

I think that anyone trying to guess what Jimmy's vision is right now is merely shooting in the dark. In Zeppelin's heyday Jimmy was adamant about not releasing singles, not playing on television, and basically not doing anything that might be construed as sacrificing the purity of their art.

In the past ten years we've seen him jam with Puff Daddy on one of Zep's most classic songs, we've seen Greatest Hits releases galore and we've seen him close the Olympics with a female pop singer on another classic track.

What's next? I'd say at this point... anything is possible...

I think that anyone trying to guess what Jimmy's vision is right now is merely shooting in the dark. In Zeppelin's heyday Jimmy was adamant about not releasing singles, not playing on television, and basically not doing anything that might be construed as sacrificing the purity of their art.

In the past ten years we've seen him jam with Puff Daddy on one of Zep's most classic songs, we've seen Greatest Hits releases galore and we've seen him close the Olympics with a female pop singer on another classic track.

Well put. Who knows as it's pretty much up in the air of what Jimmy may do next.

well they did release singles, and they did appear on television. sacrificed their art? he collaborated with a few artists. greatest hits? mothership was released to a hungry for zep market. the band wasn't together anymore, so they could hardly release a new album. no one was forced to buy it, but it sold. very well.

what's next? who knows, he is alive and well, and he can bloody well do whatever he wants. we all hope it's something musically, but it's not for us to say.

I wish Jimmy Page (and the surviving members of Led Zeppelin) health and happiness. They have already left a legacy that is unmatched. They don' t have to do anything more to satisfy this fan. If Jimmy's future is spent preserving the Led Zeppelin mystique, then so be it.

I wish Jimmy Page (and the surviving members of Led Zeppelin) health and happiness. They have already left a legacy that is unmatched. They don' t have to do anything more to satisfy this fan. If Jimmy's future is spent preserving the Led Zeppelin mystique, then so be it.

Another well put post, too! Wait a minute... *looks through emoties*

:goodpost:

There we go!

:rtfm:

That's my fave! Watch his mouth! Its funny!!This one is not intentionally for Janet. Sorry, i got off topic!

Another well put post, too! Wait a minute... *looks through emoties*

:goodpost:

There we go!

:rtfm:

That's my fave! Watch his mouth! Its funny!!This one is not intentionally for Janet. Sorry, i got off topic!

Love it! :rolleyes:

Because it's about Zep! That's the only reason I'm readin' it! It's that simple!

I was answering the question why people would read the book if it wasn't accurate. I understand that it is about Zep but there are many other books out there which would be much better to read and not filled with a bunch of crap.

I was answering the question why people would read the book if it wasn't accurate. I understand that it is about Zep but there are many other books out there which would be much better to read and not filled with a bunch of crap.

:thumbsup:

I have to admit that I did read it, but don't believe most of it. I try to convince my mother that it's crap, but she believes it like gospel. "Well. that's what it said in that book..." :wall:

What are good books to read that aren't crap? Can we believe anything? So frustrating...

Archived