Jimmy Page: Special Early Works; featuring Sonny Boy Williams

tang991

So my dad just went to this yardsale that was at my old elementary school. Lo and behold, in he walks with a nice little gift for me, tells me he got 3 LP's for $2. Steppenwolf: LIVE, Led Zep II (yay!), and.....

"Jimmy Page: Special Early Works; featuring Sonny Boy Williams"

... I've heard of this, and seen the cover image... but what is it? I mean can anyone give me information on recording dates, performances, why/when it was pressed, and worth (even though I don't plan on selling it!) ???

• 3 weeks later...
So my dad just went to this yardsale that was at my old elementary school. Lo and behold, in he walks with a nice little gift for me, tells me he got 3 LP's for $2. Steppenwolf: LIVE, Led Zep II (yay!), and.....

"Jimmy Page: Special Early Works; featuring Sonny Boy Williams"

... I've heard of this, and seen the cover image... but what is it? I mean can anyone give me information on recording dates, performances, why/when it was pressed, and worth (even though I don't plan on selling it!) ???

Hey-Up,

The Album is "Jimmy Page: Special Early Works; featuring Sonny Boy WilliamSON" & is worth around £50/£70, if in good condition, but Dont sell, as this is worth keeping.

All the best,

Hangman :ph34r:

I found this link very helpful. Lots of great info.

I bought the album a few years after its release while I was in high school. I still have it. Cool picture. I remember there being 2-3 songs I liked, much of it very disappointing though.

If this was recorded in 65 does this show how far

Page's playing evolved from 65 to when he joined the Yardbirds and that much more so in Zeppelin?

If this was recorded in 65 does this show how far Page's playing evolved from 65 to when he joined the Yardbirds and that much more so in Zeppelin?

Not really, because this album is a very poor example of Jimmy's session work. It was a very disorganized session, with Williamson starting and stopping and randomly moving from one song to the other and forcing the session musicians to catch up to him.

Archived