My First Guitar Center Experience!

Today, I feel accomplished. I went to Guitar Center for the first time. I do not want to type it again, so here is what have put on my MySpace.

I went to Garland and there is a Guitar Center there and my mom said we would go in. So, we found a parking place and went in. RIGHT WHEN I WALKED IN, I ALMOST FAINTED! IT WAS HEAVEN ON EARTH! There were guitars, basses, and drums everywhere! Well, as you all know, I have always wanted to play a bass. So I picked one up and started playing. I wasn't the best, but I was pretty good. I looked at my mom and said, "Hey, mom! I'm John Paul Jones!" It was extremely fun! After I played the bass, I was looking around the store and I saw a wall. A HUGE PICTURE OF JIMMY PAGE PLAYING HIS DOUBLE-NECK GUITAR WAS ON THAT AMAZING WALL! My mom was walking up beside me as I fell to the ground. She looked at me funny, but I was okay. Then, after 30 minuets of gazing at the beautiful wall, I looked at the guitars. I fainted for real this time, I THOUGHT I saw Jimmy's double-neck guitar! But, It was just a replica. But, the people are so nice in that store, they let you play ANY guitar. So I got the guitar off the stand oh so carefully, and I played it. IT WAS THE MOST EXHILARATING EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE! I might be going back tomorrow!

Thank You For looking at this thread.

That's so sweet! If i met Jimmy in that store, I would faint, stare at him for twenty minuets, then introduce myself, show him how much i suck on the bass, then talk some more, maybe steal a kiss... :) me and my ideas! :rolleyes:

I would just stand there & look stupid :drool: I drool over guitars anyway, without Jimmy Page standing there.

I've never been to a "Guitar Center", but practically live at our local guitar shop - "Guitars USA".

It's always so peaceful...

My gutarist friend played "Heartbraker" for me right in the middle of the store for my birthday last year, which meant so much to me.

i played "How Many More Times" on bass there also, one of the best 8 minutes in my life

Sounds like an amazing experience! :D

I frequently visit my local Guitar Center. They have a Jimmy Page edition Les Paul that I just love playing. They also have THREE Gibson EDS-1275 double neck guitars there, too! Two red ones like Jimmy's and a white one.

Another store that I frequent is Sam Ash. They also have a few of Jimmy's guitars over there. But the most amazing thing they have there is a Ludwig limited edition Stainless Steel drum kit exactly like the one Bonzo used from 1977 onwards.

Only a true Zeppelin fan can appreciate something like that. :D

Sounds like an amazing experience! :D

I frequently visit my local Guitar Center. They have a Jimmy Page edition Les Paul that I just love playing. They also have THREE Gibson EDS-1275 double neck guitars there, too! Two red ones like Jimmy's and a white one.

Another store that I frequent is Sam Ash. They also have a few of Jimmy's guitars over there. But the most amazing thing they have there is a Ludwig limited edition Stainless Steel drum kit exactly like the one Bonzo used from 1977 onwards.

Only a true Zeppelin fan can appreciate something like that. :D

well, I'm in Houston right now, I think there is a Guitar Center on the way back home...

I might go again today... I hope there's another Jimmy wall :wub:

I personally dont like Guitar Center only becuase they never have what I want, employees never leave you alone, and the fact they would advertise if a celebrity guitarist has been there.

Although, I had one great time there where I was playing "Stairway to Heaven" on an Epiphone double neck and my keyboardist for my band went off into the and played the flute part/piano part. Right at the time the drums came in, some dude started playing it. People (employess and customers) sang the lyrics. It was really cool. I played a longer improv solo kinda like MSG 1973/Earl's Court 1975 mix. Lots of people cheered. :lol::DB)

I personally dont like Guitar Center only becuase they never have what I want, employees never leave you alone, and the fact they would advertise if a celebrity guitarist has been there.

Although, I had one great time there where I was playing "Stairway to Heaven" on an Epiphone double neck and my keyboardist for my band went off into the and played the flute part/piano part. Right at the time the drums came in, some dude started playing it. People (employess and customers) sang the lyrics. It was really cool. I played a longer improv solo kinda like MSG 1973/Earl's Court 1975 mix. Lots of people cheered. :lol::DB)

I love it when stuff like that happens!

One time, I was playing the opening riff to Achilles Last Stand on a Jimmy Page edition Les Paul. Just as I stopped to adjust my amp, a guy across the store took over for me and played the main riff. B)

I can understand advertising if a celeb was there - it's an endorsement for them :)

I love it when stuff like that happens!

One time, I was playing the opening riff to Achilles Last Stand on a Jimmy Page edition Les Paul. Just as I stopped to adjust my amp, a guy across the store took over for me and played the main riff. B)

Things like that remind me why I devote my life to music... :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived