Bar bands

Do they still have good rock bands playing in bars now, or do all the good bands all go straight to getting record labels and radio play and overnight success? I looked for some videos of bar bands on youtube, all I found was cover bands and some rubbish pop music, are there still bands taht play original songs and go around getting some fanbase at bars, like ACDC did, or all the guys in the 60s on the 'chitlin circuit'? And do you go to a bar expecting that or expecting a cover band or a DJ or something?

While "bar band" can be a bit of a misnomer, I'd say I'm very lucky to live in a region where original music still thrives. Of course, depending on the popularity of the artist, sometimes those doing cover material still draw a larger crowd and make more money.

Hello:

I am losing interest in the bar scene and for that matter the concert scene due to the amount of digital camera and or cell phones that people are using..

I have had those cameras and/or phones aimed at me more than once and I have had it...it's not worth going out and/or spending hard earned money on concerts if my constitutional right to privacy or feedom of movement is going to be compromised...

Juliet :angry:

Archived