picture meanings

manbearpig

Actually if I recall correctly, I could be wrong, so someone correct me. But I think that the picture is just a picture that Robert found at an antique sale. I don't think he is the Hermit, the Hermit is on the inside at the top of the mountain. I do believe that the guy with the faggot represents giving and taking heathly from the land.

manbearpig, i think there is a few answers about these ( and others ) buried within these threads. a member who doesnt visit here anymore by the name of evster 2012 has answered all these questions in detail. he has done lots of research, and i believe his explainations are correct. just do a bit of reading through the forum and i am sure you will find some answers.

the winged 'guy' is 'the flight of icarus'.

when he flew too close to the sun, he burned.

Isn't there an old story about that?? I thought it was "Evening: Fall of Day", a kitschsodden oil painting of the sun god Apollo by a 19th century American artist named William Rimmer. Which became the logo for Swan Song. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Isn't there an old story about that?? I thought it was "Evening: Fall of Day", a kitschsodden oil painting of the sun god Apollo by a 19th century American artist named William Rimmer. Which became the logo for Swan Song. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The painting is indeed by William Rimmer, who but never stated the name of the figure.

The painting is indeed by William Rimmer, who but never stated the name of the figure.

I have memorized every word in the Hammer Of The Gods book, and in the middle of the book, with all the pictures, on a page, it said that it was the Sun god Apollo. So I don't really know, I'm just going by the books. I don't like to read, unless its about Zeppelin.

I have memorized every word in the Hammer Of The Gods book, and in the middle of the book, with all the pictures, on a page, it said that it was the Sun god Apollo. So I don't really know, I'm just going by the books. I don't like to read, unless its about Zeppelin.

Not saying you are wrong, I know the book said so, but it's not the words from the artist.

I guess it was like a lot of things about Zeppelin, being a bit mysterious doesn't hurt. :D

Hammer of the Gods isn't a book I'd take as gospel :)

It's an unauthorized book that was not endorsed by Zep and has a lot of exaggerations and falsities.

... Or, to be less polite, it's crap.

Same applies for Richard Cole's 'book'. It was either HOTG or Richard Cole's that Jimmy said he threw away only a few pages after reading it - and they're both pretty similar.

... Or, to be less polite, it's crap.

Same applies for Richard Cole's 'book'. It was either HOTG or Richard Cole's that Jimmy said he threw away only a few pages after reading it - and they're both pretty similar.

Both are crap indeed. I forget what book Jimmy was referring to. Perhaps it was both! Which is where they belong.

And isnt there a story how Jimmy just found that picture at an antique or something shop?

Jimmy said he and Robert found it together at a shop in Reading, which would have been not too far afield from Jimmy's boathouse in Pangbourne. What he didn't say

is the man does bear a striking resemblance to a preeminent English occult figure.

Archived