picture meanings

manbearpig

I'm no expert at all, but the Ten of Wands usually means something like being weighed down, oppression, being over-burdened, trying to do too many things at once, but with a hopeful element in that the wands are still flowering etc., so the person should overcome all that.

Make sense in this context, or not? :unsure:

I'm no expert at all, but the Ten of Wands usually means something like being weighed down, oppression, being over-burdened, trying to do too many things at once, but with a hopeful element in that the wands are still flowering etc., so the person should overcome all that.

Make sense in this context, or not? :unsure:

I bought a pack of Aleister Crowley tarot cards years ago - and it was lost on me then.

But, it would appear that you're correct.

A man oppressed by the weight of the ten staves which he is carrying.

A card of many significances, and some of the readings cannot be harmonized. I set aside that which connects it with honour and good faith. The chief meaning is oppression simply, but it is also fortune, gain, any kind of success, and then it is the oppression of these things. It is also a card of false-seeming, disguise, perfidy. The place which the figure is approaching may suffer from the rods that he carries. Success is stultified if the Nine of Swords follows, and if it is a question of a lawsuit, there will be certain loss.

Additional meanings: Difficulties and contradictions, if near a good card.

Reversed Card meanings

Contrarieties, difficulties, intrigues, and the analogies.

George Pickingill

Old_George_WEB.gif

Good catch, Steve! Yes, I read this as a theory in the "Heaven and Hell" picture book (collections by Neal Preston, Zep tour photog)

just wondering if anyone could tell me what the winged guy doing the leap of faith, and the old guy carrying a bundle of stick means?

cant find it anywhere and when i asked someone they just looked at me like i was stupid

the man is doing a spring cleaning for the may queen. hes carrying a bustle he got from the hedgegrow. its from the book lord of the rings

You know, I've read LOTR from cover to cover numerous times, and mysteriously always missed that bit. D'oh!! :slapface:

Is it the same book? I'll bet those pages were torn out and you've never noticed the gap.You may want to check out a library version! Do you have any good libraries in your neighborhood? :)

Is it the same book? I'll bet those pages were torn out and you've never noticed the gap.You may want to check out a library version! Do you have any good libraries in your neighborhood? :)

You know, I think we do. I'll check out a copy ASAP!

Perhaps what I was reading was the Reader's Digest LOTR . . . :unsure:

Archived