Atlantic Records Request

Jimmy Wade

To anyone who would believe this story.

My name is James Thackeray Wade, BMI Member since 1978 CAE/IPI#496769086.

I personally know someone who can emulate the voice of Robert Plant and has written

several pieces that could possibly bring Led Zepplin back into the forefront of modern music.

I know these are incredibly bold statements; However, THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!!.

If someone can put me in touch with an Atlantic Records Representative I would

more than greatefully present to him/her this person and his talents.

Thank you,

James T. Wade.

My suggestion for this "someone with a wonderful voice and good songwriting", try and start something by your own. Led Zeppelin is over and no one will replace Robert Plant. But if you are an A talent, why don't do it by yourself?

James Thackeray Wade, BMI Member since 1978 CAE/IPI#496769086, your efforts are futile. Since Zeppelin are no longer an active band, I don't even know whether Atlantic have much of a say in anything to do with them.

If the person you know can pull off a good Robert impression, then they'd be better suited for either a tribute band, or going it alone. Anything Zeppelin-wise would be setting them up for disappointment.

Led Zeppelin are no more. And it appears that they shall remain that way.

James Thackeray Wade, BMI Member since 1978 CAE/IPI#496769086, your efforts are futile. Since Zeppelin are no longer an active band, I don't even know whether Atlantic have much of a say in anything to do with them.

If the person you know can pull off a good Robert impression, then they'd be better suited for either a tribute band, or going it alone. Anything Zeppelin-wise would be setting them up for disappointment.

Atlantic has their catalogue and that's about the extent of involvement they have. That and releasing any compilations unless Rhino does that now, I'm not sure.

My suggestion to that "talented someone is" to attend some activities like British's next super talent, American's Idol and show how much you are alike Robert to all Zepplin's fans. Maybe you can receive a call from Jimmy!

There have been enough many singers who imitate Robert, You won't be the first one and never imagine to be the best one, for as we all know, the best one is Mr David Coverdale... :)

Zep Head,

Thank you for Responding to my posting. I sincerely respect and deeply value your comments.

In responce I can only say that a band will always be a band and that true musicians in their hearts will aways want to play. That nature is in their genetic make up. Playing is what they live for and that too will always remain. I sincerely believe that Led Zepplin will Tour again. Decisions made on emotions can effect everyone in the band and the fans suffer as well.

My friends intensions are as follows:

1. He wishes to remain anonymous.

No one can Replace Robert Plant, Jimmy Page or John Paul Jones. They are an absolute entity. Fans would agree and I will bet that even as talented as Jason Bonham has as proven himself to be would not dispute that statement.

2. He just wants to see the band record and tour again.

His emulation of Robert Plant is just for demonstration purposes as he truly feels his songs can help

re-unite the band. This is said with as much respect to everyone as can be felt or written.

3. He would use any proceeds to start a charity for Abused Children. Bearing many physical scars himself, this is his commitment of chance and believes that this is what is driveing his puropse for

somehow contacting the band. Even as absurd as it sounds he thinks the spirit of John Bonham is

his influence.

4. My friend truly believes that trying to immitate Led Zepplin in a Tribute band may as well be tried with a cage on a concert stage to avoid being hit with vegetable matter. He just deeply respects the band and what all the members have accomplished.

Surely it would not hurt for anyone in contact with the band to take a listen. Five minutes of someones time may turn out to be very surprising.

I would not make the statements in the first posting if I

did not truly believe in my friends proposed contributions.

Thank you again for your responce.

Respectfully and

Very Sincerely,

James T. Wade

James T. Wade, while I sincerely respect your and your friend's wishes and am not really doubting his talent, you seem not to have understood some points we made above.

Remain anonymous? That's just impossible. And you think that would keep him from "replacing" Plant? No offence, but that's a very naive thought.

And reunite what band? Without Robert Plant there is no Led Zeppelin, this point has been made over and over. Emulation will remain emulation, to make music like Zeppelin, you need the original.

I do believe your friends deeply respect the band and what they have achieved, then please, I'd say it again, follow their music path and try to do something by his own. The Zeppelin guys have admired and learned from quite a few other musicians, but they had brought up a unique sound by their own.

OH MY GOODNESS! No one CAN sound LIKE Robert Plant! He is a one and only kinda voice! You have to be an angel or something from heaven to sound like him! Sorry to crush your "friend's" spirits. He's probably good, but not that good. Everyone here would like to see them in one more tour, but Jimmy said if Robert doesn't go, then no tour. Led Zeppelin is PROBABLY over. there is a three in a million chance that Zep will do one more tour. I really want them to, but what Jimmy says, stays.

OH MY GOODNESS! No one CAN sound LIKE Robert Plant! He is a one and only kinda voice! You have to be an angel or something from heaven to sound like him! Sorry to crush your "friend's" spirits. He's probably good, but not that good. Everyone here would like to see them in one more tour, but Jimmy said if Robert doesn't go, then no tour. Led Zeppelin is PROBABLY over. there is a three in a million chance that Zep will do one more tour. I really want them to, but what Jimmy says, stays.

It's what they all said <_<

Led Zeppelin are definately over.

You know, I was thinking - what about Swan Song? From '76 - '80 they were Zeppelin's label as well. When the latter day material is re-released is it solely down to Atlantic or do SS get involved (if that makes sense)? What happened to it?

Led Zeppelin are definately over.

You know, I was thinking - what about Swan Song? From '76 - '80 they were Zeppelin's label as well. When the latter day material is re-released is it solely down to Atlantic or do SS get involved (if that makes sense)? What happened to it?

From the mighty Wikipedia

Swan Song ceased operations in October 1983 due to the break-up of Led Zeppelin and Peter Grant’s health problems. A rescue attempt to save the label by Atlantic Records executive Phil Carson proved fruitless. Robert Plant started his own label, Es Paranza Records, in the wake of the closure of Swan Song, while Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones returned to Atlantic Records. Bad Company moved over to Atco Records when they resumed in the late 1980s. Today, the label is strictly used for reissues of all the albums that were released by the label when it was active.

To anyone who would believe this story.

My name is James Thackeray Wade, BMI Member since 1978 CAE/IPI#496769086.

I personally know someone who can emulate the voice of Robert Plant and has written

several pieces that could possibly bring Led Zepplin back into the forefront of modern music.

I know these are incredibly bold statements; However, THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!!.

If someone can put me in touch with an Atlantic Records Representative I would

more than greatefully present to him/her this person and his talents.

Thank you,

James T. Wade.

while i agree with all the replies in regards to points made about your friend singing like robert (forget it ), i believe what you are trying to do is to get someone to listen to his compositions, him beleving that they are good enough that they would make the guys say " hey lets get together and record these songs ". is that right?

led zeppelin composed/played/recorded some of the greatest music ever written, and although they have collaborated with others at times over the years, i really don't like your friends chances with this. but never say never, i would say your friend should try writing to the guys individual managers to start with.

but please .......... don't let him get his hopes up, it would be an extremely long shot. has he thought to send them to another lesser known band/individual? with zeppelin he is really starting at the top of the tree.

cheers

I will be Damed!!! My stupidity entirely.

Suppose I deserve a SHOTTGUN in the head..

However, It was intensional, SHOTTGUN is one of the songs.

" First you say that you're killing me then you say good bye".

The request continues.

I agree with all posted statements.

I propose this question, Why would my friend present without consent. He will not plagerize the sound.

I will be Damed!!! My stupidity entirely.

Suppose I deserve a SHOTTGUN in the head..

However, It was intensional, SHOTTGUN is one of the songs.

" First you say that you're killing me then you say good bye".

The request continues.

I agree with all posted statements.

I propose this question, Why would my friend present without consent. He will not plagerize the sound.

You can request until you're blue in the face....nobody with any connections in the music industry is going to help you.

Look at your request.... " Hi! here's my totally untraceable name, and untraceable BMI ID number, and please risk your credibility with industry heavyweights for my friend who wishes to remain anonymous ." You get one shot to make an impression with anybody in life, and the same goes in the music biz....a blind recommendation just doesn't happen.

You know, I get checks from BMI from time to time, and there are people who have known me in the Zep community since 2004 who didn't know that I'm even with BMI....... the reason they don't know that? It's irrelevant! You need to find a real way of proving credibility, or every word you type will be wasted.

You can request until you're blue in the face....nobody with any connections in the music industry is going to help you.

Look at your request.... " Hi! here's my totally untraceable name, and untraceable BMI ID number, and please risk your credibility with industry heavyweights for my friend who wishes to remain anonymous ." You get one shot to make an impression with anybody in life, and the same goes in the music biz....a blind recommendation just doesn't happen.

You know, I get checks from BMI from time to time, and there are people who have known me in the Zep community since 2004 who didn't know that I'm even with BMI....... the reason they don't know that? It's irrelevant! You need to find a real way of proving credibility, or every word you type will be wasted.

Right-O!

<_<

Hi Jim Wade,

at this forum you are at the wrong place to promote the immense talents of your friend.

First of all....none of the Zep members, nor their relatives are on this forum. We are just a bunch of fans, nothing more nothing less....none of us works for Atlantic Records and none of us is having dinner every once in a while with any of the band's former members.

Second, there is no more such thing as a band called Led Zeppelin, neither will there ever be a Beatles reunion, nor the next Elvis tour.

If your friend is truly as talented as you claim, he will find his way into stardom in his own right, and if not, possibly in the next life.

Best of luck to you, and him as well, please send me an action figure of him as soon as he gets famous (So I can claim to be the first one to have asked for one)

Salaam Aleicum

:D

P.S.

(In the meantime have fun with this clip which features the immense talents of Reswati, I am still trying to reach Jean Michel Jarre to be a stand-in for him during concerts)

P.S.2.

(More very important info: I do not donate money to anyone, I'm a musician, which means that I am broke half of the time.

I collect biscuits in the shape of radio's.

I am planning to write the entire oevre of Beethoven once more.

This is a long and meaningless rant, but I like it.....)

etc

Archived