Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
BlackDog71

Fool in the Rain

I think the Samba beat is part of what makes the song interesting IMO :)

Me too.

It actually makes me want to dance....... and I dance as well as this chicken. :chickeddance:

Hmmm, why do you think it's bubble gummy (actually I didn't totally get what you meant with this) and cheesy? Because of the samba beat?

I personally like it and find the whistle in there very amusing.

About "It's not Zeppelin to me", I always think there has never been a "standard sound" for Zeppelin, as they were very versatile. They could jump from one thing to another, and that's something very exciting.

And may I ask what's your problem with the lyrics? The lyrics, IMO, are definitely not cheesy.

:yesnod::thumbsup: It is one of my favorites. I love the style and sound of it. :D

I like the song, especially the samba beat. :D

When I heard it for the first time I really thought it was by another band because it sounded so different. I just couldn't picture Led Zeppelin and samba meshed together. But it worked!

I always really liked the song. It's something a little bit different. As for the lyrics I love the story that they tell. And the whistle is unique amd it shows how Zeppelin always mixed it up.

Other than Bonham's fantastic drums on "Fool in the Rain"........ I can't get myself into this song.

I was wondering what other people's thoughts were on this song. Like or hate, let me know the reasons why. I am curious how others feel about it.

Probably my least favorite song from In Through The Out Door (I'm not including 'All My Love' because that was basically a love song to a dead child, so you can't break bad on something like that).

Fool In The Rain does get better after the first whistle blow and it becomes something like a fast shuffle, but other than that, it doesn't do much for me.

Probably my least favorite song from In Through The Out Door (I'm not including 'All My Love' because that was basically a love song to a dead child, so you can't break bad on something like that).

Fool In The Rain does get better after the first whistle blow and it becomes something like a fast shuffle, but other than that, it doesn't do much for me.

I heard that this is a bit of a myth and that 'All My Love' was not written about Karac and the only song that Robert wrote about his son was 'I Believe'. ( I get teary every time I listen to this song)

Does anyone know if this is true?

Apologies for going off topic.

Its a cracking wee tune!

I only bought a drum kit recently (had a couple for a few weeks a tt a time before, but now at 40 years old, I think I can judge how much the neighbours can take before the police are called) and this is one of the first beats I focussed on. It' a bugger! I can play it, not anywhere near as well as Bozo, but I got a handle on it.

I think the samba breaks it up nicely (although I appreciate the cheesey comments) and makes it a light hearted epic!