The Week-Long Feud of the Century!

Nathan

If you haven't been watching the Daily Show lately, you have missed some serious pwnage of CNBC:

Let us start here:

On March 4, Rick Santelli was supposed to be a guest on the Daily Show for his interesting little outburst:

Fuck you!

Oh, excuse me... got carried away...

Where was I?

Right! Stewart!

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jh...inancial-advice

So Jon threw some pie, Jim Cramer got a little schmutz on jacket, so he threw some pie back:

Page 4 of the Article

(Side note: I have no clue why the post date says March 10. I read that article on March 9, and that was the post date when I read it. Jon's rebuttal also comes on March 9, not March 10, and when they show a picture of the article, you can see, if you look hard enough, the post date of March 9. So ignore March 10. It was posted March 9.)

Jon, of course, responded:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jh...cramer-we-trust

Of course, Cramer would not be outdone, as his appearance on the Today Show on March 10 would prove:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuksmNLDpdM

So, of course, Jon responded... again:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jh...rsonality-clash

Then, on March 11, anyone watching the Daily Show got some incredible news:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jh...m-cramer-battle

Jim Cramer would appear on the Daily Show on Thursday, March 12, to answer Stewart's attacks. And this is exactly what Cramer did, resulting in the following uncomfortable, brilliant, and hard-hitting interview:

Stewart vs. Cramer - The Unedited Interview - Part 1

Stewart vs. Cramer - The Unedited Interview - Part 2

Stewart vs. Cramer - The Unedited Interview - Part 3

On Friday, March 13, Glenn Greenwald would make a very true, honest statement about it all:

There's Nothing Unique About Jim Cramer

And all of this would result in the cancellation of Mad Money and the disgrace of CNBC (or so I dreamt the other night... :D ).

I watched this last Thursday night when it aired and caught the full uncensored version on Hulu this past weekend. It was a good interview, in the sense it showed Cramer did mislead alot of people. I caught the "Fox News Rebuttle" and found it to be entirely inaccurate. Stewart may lean to a liberal audience, but after reading his books and talking to him in person a few times, he is just someone who wants things to work, not based on political affiliations. O'Reilly was trying to pin him as a "liberal zealot" with the way his show attacked CNBC and Cramer but have yet to go after Barney Frank for what he said last year about Fannie and Freddie. On that note, I agree with O'Reilly but Cramer was solely brought up because his job is to give stock tips on NBC's cable stocks channel during a time when no one has faith in the stock market. Not to mention, Cramer is a nutjob. ;)

I watched this last Thursday night when it aired and caught the full uncensored version on Hulu this past weekend. It was a good interview, in the sense it showed Cramer did mislead alot of people. I caught the "Fox News Rebuttle" and found it to be entirely inaccurate. Stewart may lean to a liberal audience, but after reading his books and talking to him in person a few times, he is just someone who wants things to work, not based on political affiliations. O'Reilly was trying to pin him as a "liberal zealot" with the way his show attacked CNBC and Cramer but have yet to go after Barney Frank for what he said last year about Fannie and Freddie. On that note, I agree with O'Reilly but Cramer was solely brought up because his job is to give stock tips on NBC's cable stocks channel during a time when no one has faith in the stock market. Not to mention, Cramer is a nutjob. ;)

I had no idea Fox did a rebuttal. Any chance you know where I can find a video of it (I can't even find it at Fox News... though maybe I'm looking in the wrong places)?

Honestly, I have to say that I think Stewart unfairly picked on Cramer. I'm not saying Cramer did a good job, obviously he didn't. But...that being said, Cramer is a public financial adviser. His sole job is to tell people what stocks to buy and what stocks to sell. What I got out of these videos is that Stewart wanted to show the world that Cramer knew the banks were going to tank and he told people to buy anyways. I disagree. I don't think Cramer honestly knew the whole banking world would collapse overnight as it sort of did. He may have known that AIG and company were fucking around and doing a shit job, but if he personally believed that their stock would rise any minute, then telling people to buy their stock and help them make money is entirely part of his JOB. It's not his job to investigate these people and tell the world that they're screwing people over. If they can get by the government, surely they can get a single man in Jim Cramer. All he was trying to do was his job, which is to give financial advice and attempt help people make money in the stock market.

And it certainly helps Stewart's argument when he's got the whole audience rallied behind him <_<

Honeslt,y I have to say that I think Stewart unfairly picked on Cramer. I'm not saying Cramer did a good job, obviously he didn't. But...that being said, Cramer is a public financial adviser. His sole job is to tell people what stocks to buy and what stocks to sell. What I got out of these videos is that Stewart wanted to show the world that Cramer knew the banks were going to tank and he told people to buy anyways. I disagree. I don't think Cramer honestly knew the whole banking world would collapse overnight as it sort of did. He may have known that AIG and company were fucking around and doing a shit job, but if he personally believed that their stock would rise any minute, then telling people to buy their stock and help them make money is entirely part of his JOB.

And it certainly helps Stewart's argument when he's got the whole audience rallied behing him <_<

1. Jon Stewart is not now nor ever will be fair. That is not the point of the Daily Show and never was.

2. Cramer is the one who invited this. Jon never singled him out. In fact, the original target was Rick Santelli. When Jon attacked CNBC (rightly so), Cramer was the one who responded. To use Jon's words, Jon threw pie at CNBC, Cramer got a little schmutz on his jacket, so threw his own pie back. Jon, of course, responded by throwing another pie. So it was Cramer who made himself the face of this, not Jon.

3. I'm sorry, but Jon is right. Cramer and all of CNBC were in bed with these CEOs who screwed up. Cramer's defense was useless: "They lied to me. They lied to us."

CNBC is a fucking news organization! Couldn't they have done a little research to find out the facts instead instead of asking CEOs like Sir Allen Stanford (who was running a fraudulent ponzi scheme through his Stanford Financial Group): "Is it fun being a billionaire?" Fuck you, Cramer, and fuck you CNBC!

4. Cramer desrved it, and CNBC desverves it. The entire network needs to be taken off the air, and scum like Cramer jailed with the CEOs who screwed him up the ass while he asked for it.

1. Jon Stewart is not now nor ever will be fair. That is not the point of the Daily Show and never was.

Agreed, but that's one of the reasons I don't like him.

2. Cramer is the one who invited this. Jon never singled him out. In fact, the original target was Rick Santelli. When Jon attacked CNBC (rightly so), Cramer was the one who responded. To use Jon's words, Jon threw pie at CNBC, Cramer got a little schmutz on his jacket, so threw his own pie back. Jon, of course, responded by throwing another pie. So it was Cramer who made himself the face of this, not Jon.

I agree that this wasn't originally about Cramer. Howeve, after watchign the interview, I can't help but feeling like Jon did pick on Cramer, even though he said his main target was Rick and CNBC.

3. I'm sorry, but Jon is right. Cramer and all of CNBC were in bed with these CEOs who screwed up. Cramer's defense was useless: "They lied to me. They lied to us."

CNBC is a fucking news organization! Couldn't they have done a little research to find out the facts instead instead of asking CEOs like Sir Allen Stanford (who was running a fraudulent ponzi scheme through his Stanford Financial Group): "Is it fun being a billionaire?" Fuck you, Cramer, and fuck you CNBC

4. Cramer desrved it, and CNBC desverves it. The entire network needs to be taken off the air, and scum like Cramer jailed with the CEOs who screwed him up the ass while he asked for it.

Cramer is NOT a journalist, NOT an investigator, NOT a detective. His job is NOT to discover crimes in the market and find ponzi schemes. His job is solely to help people make correct picks in the stock market. Outside of that is outside of his job. And yes, CNBC is a news organization, but so is Fox, MSNBC, CNN, etc. what about them? They didn't discover this plot either. And neither did the government whose job is to actually go out and find assholes like Bernie Madoff and they failed. So, why is it that CNBC and Jim Cramer should be punished but not turds like Barney Frank?

And how was he "in bed" with these CEOs? How did he prosper from telling people to buy their stock, only to later discover he was horriby wrong? That makes him look foolish and decreased his ratings...both negatives.

Agreed, but that's one of the reasons I don't like him.

Because he isn't fair? That is absolutely the worst reason possible not to like him. He is, first and foremost, a comedian. There is no such thing as a fair comedian. Never was, never is, and never will be. Stewart is fair, however, in that he bashes everyone equally.

So no offense, but that "he isn't fair" reason to not like him is utter BS. I, personally, expect nothing less from Stewart then to be unfair. Even he admits that.

He is after all, a snake-oil salesman, but at least he admits it.

I agree that this wasn't originally about Cramer. Howeve, after watchign the interview, I can't help but feeling like Jon did pick on Cramer, even though he said his main target was Rick and CNBC.

Well then you obviously didn't follow the story. Jon picked on CNBC. CNBC includes Cramer. That did not make Cramer the target. Cramer is the one who made himself the target by being the only person from CNBC who actually responded. I guarantee you that had it been Rick Santelli or anyone else from CNBC, then it would have been that person, not Cramer, in that interview, and you'd probably be saying Stewart was unfair to that person, then. Cramer became the face because he responded. So his being singled out was his fault (but at least he did respond, no thanks to the rest of the cowards over at CNBC, Santelli especially).

Cramer is NOT a journalist, NOT an investigator, NOT a detective. His job is NOT to discover crimes in the market and find ponzi schemes. His job is solely to help people make correct picks in the stock market. Outside of that is outside of his job. And yes, CNBC is a news organization, but so is Fox, MSNBC, CNN, etc. what about them? They didn't discover this plot either. And neither did the government whose job is to actually go out and find assholes like Bernie Madoff and they failed. So, why is it that CNBC and Jim Cramer should be punished but not turds like Barney Frank?

And how was he "in bed" with these CEOs? How did he prosper from telling people to buy their stock, only to later discover he was horriby wrong? That makes him look foolish and decreased his ratings...both negatives.

Because we as Americans have trusted Cramer and everyone else on CNBC to help us invest wisely. They should have done the research and fact-checking required to help us notice this. It is not the job of CNN, Fox, or any of those other news organizations because they are not our purported business news source. CNBC has set itself up as "the most trusted name in business NEWS". That makes them responsible for reporting accurately on the market and the economy because that is their job and that is what we as Americans expect them to do. What Jon Stewart showed is that CNBC failed to do this, instead letting the CEOs lie to their faces and they did fuck all about it.

CNBC, including Cramer, does NOT exist to make CEOs richer. They exist to give their audience, everyday Americans (who most likely are NOT CEOs) who invest in stocks, the tools needed to know what stocks to pick and what stocks not to pick. CNBC (Cramer included) failed to do this. That is CNBC's fault. And why does this include Cramer and his show Mad Money? Because Cramer's entire purpose is to report on the economy with an entertainment twist to bring in younger viewers. Again, he failed to do this. He let CEOs lie to him, he most definitely knew it, and did nothing in return. If he had done research, he would have known that Bear Sterns was worthless and was going under. Instead, he took Bear Sterns's CEO's words at face value, never bothering to do his own fact-checking and research.

Obviously Jim Cramer and CNBC are not the only ones guilty of reporting and believing falsities. Our entire media establishment is guilty of this, and I agree with you that Fox and CNN and others should have seen it coming, even though it is technically not their job. CNBC simply got singled out this time because of an asshole named Rick Santelli, and Jim Cramer got singled out because he was the only one from CNBC who responded.

3. I'm sorry, but Jon is right. Cramer and all of CNBC were in bed with these CEOs who screwed up.

Cramer mislead people but I have yet to see any evidence he, along with all of CNBC, were in bed with these big companies. Their failure is they continued to give people tips when evidence was mounting against their own financial advice.

Because he isn't fair? That is absolutely the worst reason possible not to like him. He is, first and foremost, a comedian. There is no such thing as a fair comedian. Never was, never is, and never will be. Stewart is fair, however, in that he bashes everyone equally.

So no offense, but that "he isn't fair" reason to not like him is utter BS. I, personally, expect nothing less from Stewart then to be unfair. Even he admits that.

He is after all, a snake-oil salesman, but at least he admits it.

Agreed, he is a comedian before news reporter. But I rarely find him funny...so if I watch him, I'd like to hear something that isn't simply a punch at the GOP.

Well then you obviously didn't follow the story. Jon picked on CNBC. CNBC includes Cramer. That did not make Cramer the target. Cramer is the one who made himself the target by being the only person from CNBC who actually responded. I guarantee you that had it been Rick Santelli or anyone else from CNBC, then it would have been that person, not Cramer, in that interview, and you'd probably be saying Stewart was unfair to that person, then. Cramer became the face because he responded. So his being singled out was his fault (but at least he did respond, no thanks to the rest of the cowards over at CNBC, Santelli especially).

I followed the story since day 1, don't worry. But of course Cramer responded. He was asked by reporters what he thought of the clip and he let loose. Then Stewart responded and by then, Cramer had to at least fight back so he did the show to explain his points. Anywho you missed mine. I'm saying that Stewart, during his show with Cramer, seemed to pick on Jim himself. That is what sort of bothered me by the whole bit.

And just a heads up, I loved this feud or whatever you want to it. Thought the whole thing was hilarious.

Because we as Americans have trusted Cramer and everyone else on CNBC to help us invest wisely. They should have done the research and fact-checking required to help us notice this. It is not the job of CNN, Fox, or any of those other news organizations because they are not our purported business news source. CNBC has set itself up as "the most trusted name in business NEWS". That makes them responsible for reporting accurately on the market and the economy because that is their job and that is what we as Americans expect them to do. What Jon Stewart showed is that CNBC failed to do this, instead letting the CEOs lie to their faces and they did fuck all about it.

So what you are arguing is that because people watch a financial channel to help them make money, the channel itself should get in trouble when he fails to do so? So, should I sue my lawyer for losing a case? Should I sue the broker who put my money in crap stocks when he believed they would make money, and thus he failed?

So the channel failed at "catching the bad stock" or whatever you want to say, you didn't have to watch the channel so if you wanted information on the market or economy, you can look somewhere else.

CNBC, including Cramer, does NOT exist to make CEOs richer. They exist to give their audience, everyday Americans (who most likely are NOT CEOs) who invest in stocks, the tools needed to know what stocks to pick and what stocks not to pick. CNBC (Cramer included) failed to do this. That is CNBC's fault. And why does this include Cramer and his show Mad Money? Because Cramer's entire purpose is to report on the economy with an entertainment twist to bring in younger viewers. Again, he failed to do this. He let CEOs lie to him, he most definitely knew it, and did nothing in return. If he had done research, he would have known that Bear Sterns was worthless and was going under. Instead, he took Bear Sterns's CEO's words at face value, never bothering to do his own fact-checking and research.

But so what? You're mad because they didn't discover the holes in the banking economy? How is this their fault? Why do they deserve anymore blame then the government who is actually, as its job supposed to catch assholes ruining the economy.

Obviously Jim Cramer and CNBC are not the only ones guilty of reporting and believing falsities. Our entire media establishment is guilty of this, and I agree with you that Fox and CNN and others should have seen it coming, even though it is technically not their job. CNBC simply got singled out this time because of an asshole named Rick Santelli, and Jim Cramer got singled out because he was the only one from CNBC who responded.

I never said I thought Fox and CNN should have uncovered this plot. That isn't their job. That belongs to the government that put itself in charge there.

I liked(ed) Jim Cramer's show.

I don't like Jon Stewart show as much.

Jon Stewart was right in this one.

Still, his parents also lost alot of money in this recession. and Jim Cramer been talking shit about Obama.I guess ill give the benefit of the doubt to Jon.

It's just when Jon said that financial dealings, "isn't a fucking game" I thought, well the news isn't a fucking game either, especially when the president gives a speech on a war, Jon Stewart just mocks him for the entire 10 min segment and totally disregard what he said.

Still, Jon Stewart show is about comedy. That was not comedy. That was hard news, something Jon Stewart usually fails at.

Bill O'reily been lampooning Jim Cramer for the last three months about previous statements. Jim Cramer did flip on his stance on short selling and other things so I still believe Jon was correct, but where was Jon a few months ago.

It's just when Jon said that financial dealings, "isn't a fucking game" I thought, well the news isn't a fucking game either, especially when the president gives a speech on a war, Jon Stewart just mocks him for the entire 10 min segment and totally disregard what he said.

People were duped on Iraq and lied to at great lengths to sell the war. Stewart's take on the whole stock market crash is the same thing, he's trying to get the truth after the fact. That's where the anger comes from.

Archived