New Performance Galleries at the V&A Opening This Month

AllisonAdler

The Victoria and Albert Museum is opening new performance galleries this month, which apparently will have one of Jimmy's white suits on display:

....The White Dragon Suit from 1977..is what they mean...my dream suit to see....I discovered the beautiful James Patrick Page in this suit....I hope they will update this site, so far I can only see what is displayed, Mick's suit...

great for those who can actually see it in person....

The article says that it is a suit which Jimmy wore onstage in 1975

I am puzzled as to which suit it is. I can't recall Jimmy wearing a white, embroidered suit in 1975. The suit which immediately springs to mind when described as being white, embroidered and slim fitting is the famous "poppy suit" - however if memory serves me correctly, Jimmy didn't wear that onstage until 1977.

I am not aware of there ever being a white dragon suit, PlanetPage - which one are you thinking of? :unsure:

I am not aware of there ever being a white dragon suit, PlanetPage - which one are you thinking of? unsure.gif

jimmypagewhite.jpg

jimmypagedragondetail.jpg

....As I recall, Jimmy switched to white in '77 from black in '75, and I do believe that the Suit was originally white before, the Dragons were added later during the tour. I would also think the pop. flowers were added later too...(I am pretty sure about the dragon being added later)...

There was only one suit in '77...known both ways dragon or poppey

birmingham77-13.jpg

This shows the very mentioned art work/symbols.....

(I also have classic Rock magazine Nov. 77 Edition, clear photo of Jimmy/Robert Led Zeppelin in New York photo section shows Jimmy's Right side Hip view of the symbols..(as per up top photo)

drinkypagey[1].jpg

(Before)

...other than this I am dazed and confused as the next person..... :D

The photo of new white suit from 1975 does not appear to be Jimmy's style/size....No chemistry, looks like... :D

birmingham77-13.jpg

This shows the very mentioned art work/symbols.....

(I also have classic Rock magazine Nov. 77 Edition, clear photo of Jimmy/Robert Led Zeppelin in New York photo section shows Jimmy's Right side Hip view of the symbols..(as per up top photo)

drinkypagey[1].jpg

(Before)

...other than this I am dazed and confused as the next person..... :D

The photo of new white suit from 1975 does not appear to be Jimmy's style/size....No chemistry, looks like... :D

Definately not it. In the first picture there's too much embroidery for it to be the suit, and in the second, the jacket buttons/fasteners (or whatever they're called) are white. The supposed V&A suit has gold ones.

Hmm...

Sorry kiddos, it’s not the Poppy suit

-----------------------------------------

From: http://www.led-zeppelin.org/news/index.php...009news#031709a

jp20090317_01.jpg

jp20090317_02.jpg

--------

Can anyone pinpoint exactly WHEN in 1975 he wore this suit, because I went through all my pics from 1975 and 1977 and couldn't find when it was worn.

I have never seen that suit before, and I have a lot of pictures too, though there are pictures of him in satin pants without the poppies. Thanks for the pictures. I was looking for it today.

I wonder if they just mislabeled that photo out of confusion given they're both white satin suits, though clearly different designs.

It could very well be Jimmy's. See the pyramid and eye on the backside? It's a symbol used by Crowley.

It could very well be Jimmy's. See the pyramid and eye on the backside? It's a symbol used by Crowley.

...I do see from your expert knowledge....however, I cannot tell, is it really that slim? fitted on child size manaquine as suggested in the news...

perhaps there is more info. in the Mysteries Thread about Jimmy's wardrobe too...

as for my other pic's I do believe the suit started of as white, and added embroidered work later....

Indeed it's odd that no one here has seen him in this suit before.

Let's wait a bit longer to see if there will be a correction or something like that from any side.

Exactly and hopefully someone here can pay a visit to the exhibit and get further information.

Haha! That's exactly what I said to my sister last night when I was describing that and the poppy suit. Oh Jimmy..... :rolleyes:

I could see this as a transition/prototype to the eventual Elvis jumpsuit.

But with no remnants of fried peanut butter and banana sandwich visible,(provided a much trimmer Elvis),it kind of reminds me of something Neil Diamond might have worn.

Archived