Happy St. Patrick's Day!

JimmyPageZoSo56

I've got me corned beef, potatoes and cabbage in the crock pot! ;)

Mine's still in the fridge. Starting mine soon. I've been cutting way back on meat, because of my vegan daughter, but sorry daughter, I can't pass up this once a year...it's Tradition!

Happy Saint Patty's Day all... :toast::drunk::beer:

Kisses to all Irish....like everyone! :D

does anyone know what st. patrick did to become a saint? i'm catholic, and have no idea. i think st. pat's day is regarded as an irish holiday...parades, drinking, yatta but it is obviously a catholic holiday. so, what are we celebrating, i wonder? beuller?

Mine's still in the fridge. Starting mine soon. I've been cutting way back on meat, because of my vegan daughter, but sorry daughter, I can't pass up this once a year...it's Tradition!

Happy Saint Patty's Day all... :toast::drunk::beer:

Kisses to all Irish....like everyone! :D

I must say that I'm really not a huge fan of corned beef, but what I like is the potatoes that are cooked in the same pot as the meat. Those are delicious.

I'll eat the meat, but it's not something I really crave or anything.

does anyone know what st. patrick did to become a saint? i'm catholic, and have no idea. i think st. pat's day is regarded as an irish holiday...parades, drinking, yatta but it is obviously a catholic holiday. so, what are we celebrating, i wonder? beuller?

Wikipedia is your friend.

BTW, my mom made Colcannon tonight for dinner. YUMM-O.

Still struggling.

But then if we named a cocktail "Twin Tower Terror" I guess Americans might too.

I don't have an opinion one way or the other about whether or not he was trying to tell a joke. All I was doing was posting the recipe for an old cocktail that I assumed he was referencing.

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!

Yes, it's an American invention, and by all means stay away from

the green beer...no self-respecting Irish would go near such an

abomination...but hey, it's another excuse to have fun so it can't be

all bad. Just stick with the true Irish greats like Guinness, Beamish,

or Murphy's Irish Stout...or Irish coffee if you don't fancy beer.

Just so you know, and you might win a few bar bets with this info,

there were never any snakes in Ireland for St. Patrick to drive out;

Ireland has been snake-free since the Ice Age.

Oh, and if anyone tries to pinch you if you're not wearing green, tell

them to cool it; people were pinched for wearing ORANGE, as that was

the color of the Protestants in Ireland, whereas green signified the Catholics.

But you don't need to wear green on St. Patrick's Day...just stay away from

orange and you'll be fine.

Besides, if you're Irish, you don't need to wear green as your blood is green

anyway, haha!

Ta, Sean(half-Irish)

Not for nothing, but here's the backstory on the Irish Car Bomb cocktail:

http://www.irishcarbomb.com/

Two years later, while he and some friends where drinking IRAs and Guinness, Charles Burke Cronin Oat reinvented his recipe once again by dropping his shot of Bailey's and Whiskey into his half finished pint of Guinness with the comment "Bombs Away". And so the Irish Car Bomb came to be.

It's basically a Boilermaker, but it uses Irish liquor instead. I can understand how some people who have been personally affected by IRA violence might be offended by the drink's name, but it appears to have been a tongue-in-cheek reference to the reaction the two ingredients had when mixed then anything else. I don't think the person who said "car bombs away" was trying to be offensive or cruel. I think he was just voicing his drink of choice for today.

Archived