Happy St. Patrick's Day!

JimmyPageZoSo56

Know what? I'll accept that. Some people prefer to find humour in even the blackest of things. Some people are not offended by that type of reference.

It's a pity that some can't offer that same courtesy of acceptance to those who DO find it offensive, and have good reason to.

Know what? I'll accept that. Some people prefer to find humour in even the blackest of things. Some people are not offended by that type of reference.

It's a pity that some can't offer that same courtesy of acceptance to those who DO find it offensive, and have good reason to.

Hi Knebby,

Dont get me wrong and i'm not having a go at you at all, but, untill you spill the beans on why this affects you so much, people on here (and its not me by the way) aint gonna give you the sympathy that you deserve. If you have lost someone near and dear to you just say so or this will carry on forever. And yes, people do find humour in the blackest of things, i'm one of those people, it makes it easier to live life rather than to fall in to the abyss of reality.

Regards, Danny

Hi Knebby,

Dont get me wrong and i'm not having a go at you at all, but, untill you spill the beans on why this affects you so much, people on here (and its not me by the way) aint gonna give you the sympathy that you deserve. If you have lost someone near and dear to you just say so or this will carry on forever. And yes, people do find humour in the blackest of things, i'm one of those people, it makes it easier to live life rather than to fall in to the abyss of reality.

Regards, Danny

I don't think Knebby has to justify herself at all. If she feels offended, why should anyone demand a reason? It's no one's business but her own.

The ignorance of some people is what offends me. It's not so much what they've said (that is a factor), but it's the fact that they don't understand that they've offended someone. They don't believe that they should apologise, or even realise that some topics are not to be joked about. You don't have to be British to understand what the IRA did - but don't question us when we're offended at something that you don't obviously have any kind of first-hand experience of. We lived through it, you didn't - why is it that some people can't understand why it's still a raw subject for some?

Now we agree......The sick jokes and the drink names are part of a strange human coping mechanism that has actually been studied and analyzed for years....and the only reason I chose to jump in to this fiasco was because I'm tired of seeing a St Patrick's Day thread bumped up for an entire week after the fact.....mole-hill to mountain.

And for the record, I am not the guy who would knowingly offer to buy a Katrina cocktail for someone who lost a family member or their home in the storm.....and I think it's understood that none of us knowingly would.

I don't think Knebby has to justify herself at all. If she feels offended, why should anyone demand a reason? It's no one's business but her own.

The ignorance of some people is what offends me. It's not so much what they've said (that is a factor), but it's the fact that they don't understand that they've offended someone. They don't believe that they should apologise, or even realise that some topics are not to be joked about. You don't have to be British to understand what the IRA did - but don't question us when we're offended at something that you don't obviously have any kind of first-hand experience of. We lived through it, you didn't - why is it that some people can't understand why it's still a raw subject for some?

Hi 'longdistancewinner'

I think you have me mixed up withsomeone else, or maybe i've misread your post, which i probably have.

I was just stateing the obvious really, people who have not been affected by what happened over here will find it acceptable to make light of it in jokes, thats human nature. I dont think Knebby has to say anything at all, but people are still people, we all have very different attitudes as to what is funny and what is stepping over the line.

"forgive us our treespasses, as we forgive those who tresspass against us" the great man said and i fully understand and agree with these sentiments if forgiveness is asked, which it was, and was given by Knebby so that should be an end of it.

But the young antagonists (not you by the way) will not let that happen at the moment, they think that something is too be gained from dragging other people (like myself) in to the arguement and setteling old scores. Well thats my take on it, take it or leave it.

Regards, Danny

A 9-11 cocktail consists of a shot of Jack Daniels, Jagermeister, and Southern Comfort. A Pearl Harbor cocktail consists of vodka and melon liqueur.....and as an American I'd be happy to drink either, as long as you are buying.

In case you need some more clarification, political correctness does not apply to alcohol or comedians......especially on the Internet.

I fail to see any humour in this. I knew people who perished in 9-11 as well as those who experienced the day. As Knebby said, I can understand how some people need to find humour in dark moments but this to me just isn't funny.

I see alot of drinks have that melon liqour in them. Medori. Never tried it. Im guessing it tastes like a honeydew melon as its green?

Yes, it's very sweet - almost too sweet, like pineapple juice. This is what I had on St. Paddy's Day:

Midori Shamrock

1 ounce Midori

1 ounce Skyy Vodka

Splash of club soda

Lemon slice for garnish

Mix liquids and serve in a highball glass over ice. Garnish with lemon slice. Makes 1 drink.

How's about we forget St Patrick's Day for this year, before I bore you all about my experiences in London during the IRA's bombing campaigns? Hmm?

Or being in the middle of the Irish Sea and hoping you make it back. <_< I agree though Aqua. It's time to call it a day

How's about we forget St Patrick's Day for this year, before I bore you all about my experiences in London during the IRA's bombing campaigns? Hmm?

That would be interesting to hear actually, if you ever feel like sharing. You could start a different thread if you like - or if you prefer to let it go, I respect your decision.

• 11 months later...

Top O' the mornin' to all my Led Zeppelin friends. May luck find you as you find your way through the day.

Put my corned beef in the crock this morning and will cook the cabbage and potatos tonight and serve with rye bread. Mmmmm!

• 11 months later...

And some quotes from another great Irishman , Spike Milligan...

"A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree."

"All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy."

"And God said, 'Let there be light' and there was light, but the Electricity Board said He would have to wait until Thursday to be connected."

"And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, and the earth brought forth grass and the Rastafarians smoked it."

"Are you going to come quietly, or do I have to use earplugs?"

"Contraceptives should be used on all conceivable occasions."

"For ten years Caesar ruled with an iron hand. Then with a wooden foot, and finally with a piece of string."

"How long was I in the army? Five foot eleven."

"I can speak Esperanto like a native."

"I have the body of an eighteen year old. I keep it in the fridge."

"I shook hands with a friendly Arab. I still have my right arm to prove it."

"I spent many years laughing at Harry Secombe's singing until somebody told me that it wasn't a joke."

"I thought I'd begin by reading a poem by Shakespeare, but then I thought, why should I? He never reads any of mine."

"I'm a hero with coward's legs."

"I'm not afraid of dying I just don't want to be there when it happens."

"In India a farmhand was caught in the act with his cow. He said he had bad eyesight and thought it was his wife."

"Is there anything worn under the kilt? No, it's all in perfect working order."

"It was a perfect marriage. She didn't want to and he couldn't."

"It's all in the mind, you know."

"Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery."

"Money couldn't buy friends, but you get a better class of enemy."

"My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic."

Top O' the mornin' to all my Led Zeppelin friends. May luck find you as you find your way through the day.

Put my corned beef in the crock this morning and will cook the cabbage and potatos tonight and serve with rye bread. Mmmmm!

Best wishes to you as well. Rye bread huh? Thats a good idea. I have not had Rye in a while but love it. Usually as toast. I dont know if Im am going to do the corned beef this year. Kind of doubt it. Happy St Pattys day to all. I bought some of that special Guinness they have out. I like the regular better. But I am a guinness guy when i do drink a beer. Good winter beer. Or I should say Stout.

Archived