D'yer Mak'er (Doubt)

XfreekyX

Hi, i am SUPER fanatic of zeppelin and I have a band called: "Perro Negro" (Black DoG) and we Play D'yer Mak'er cover.

I play bass and I wanted to sing just a part of the song, its a part of the end, when (john paul jones or Jimmy page) sings "fire" or "fine".

So the discussion is that one, who is the one who says "fire", and if it really says "fire" or "fine".

Lyrics:

Oh oh oh oh oh oh

You don't have to go, oh oh oh oh

You don't have to go

I I I I I I

All those tears I cry, I I I I

All those tears I cry, oh oh, I I

Baby, please don't go

When I read the letter you wrote me

it made me mad mad mad

When I read the words that it told me

It made me sad sad sad

But I still love you so

I can't let you go

I love you

Ooh baby I love you

Oh oh oh oh oh oh

Every breath I take, oh oh oh oh

Oh, every move I make

Oh baby please, don't go

I I I I I I

You hurt me to my soul, oh oh oh oh

You hurt me to my soul, oh oh-hoh

Darling please don't go

When I read the letter you sent me

It made me mad mad mad

When I read the news that it brought me

It made me sad sad sad

But I still love you so

And I can't let you go

I love you

Ooh baby, I love you

(Guitar Solo)

Oh oh oh oh oh oh

Oh, baby, babe, please, please, please, please

Oh oh, oh oh, oh oh, baby

Oh oh I really love you baby

Ooh ooh, ooh ooh, ooh ooh, darlin'

Oh oh

Oh baby, I still love you so

Oh oooh

Oh oh oh oh oh oh, yeah

Ah ah ah ah ah ah, ohhh

Ah ah ah ah ah

Oooooh, yeah

Ah, baby baby

Thanks

XfreekyX

Hi, i am SUPER fanatic of zeppelin and I have a band called: "Perro Negro" (Black DoG) and we Play D'yer Mak'er cover.

I play bass and I wanted to sing just a part of the song, its a part of the end, when (john paul jones or Jimmy page) sings "fire" or "fine".

So the discussion is that one, who is the one who says "fire", and if it really says "fire" or "fine".

Lyrics:

Oh oh oh oh oh oh

You don't have to go

I I I I I I

All those tears I cry, I I I I

All those tears I cry, oh oh, I I

Baby, please don't go

When I read the letter you wrote me

it made me mad mad mad

When I read the words that it told me

It made me sad sad sad

But I still love you so

I can't let you go

I love you

Ooh baby I love you

Oh oh oh oh oh oh

Every breath I take, oh oh oh oh

Oh, every move I make

Oh baby please, don't go

I I I I I I

You hurt me to my soul, oh oh oh oh

You hurt me to my soul, oh oh-hoh

Darling please don't go

When I read the letter you sent me

It made me mad mad mad

When I read the news that it brought me

It made me sad sad sad

But I still love you so

And I can't let you go

I love you

Ooh baby, I love you

(Guitar Solo)

Oh oh oh oh oh oh

Oh, baby, babe, please, please, please, please

Oh oh, oh oh, oh oh, baby

Oh oh I really love you baby

Ooh ooh, ooh ooh, ooh ooh, darlin'

Oh oh

Oh oooh

Oh oh oh oh oh oh, yeah

Ah ah ah ah ah ah, ohhh

Ah ah ah ah ah

Oooooh, yeah

Ah, baby baby

Thanks

XfreekyX

That;s actually an ad-lib when they recorded the tune. I've got most of the original musical scores (copys from warner bros) and the word "Fire" isnt on the score....there are a lot of Zep tunes like that especially on "In through the outdoor" album, where the printed lyrics (probebly the origional intent when writting the music) is completley different then on the actual recording. In fact on some of the lyrics on "In the Evening" they are simply dotted out- as if they never actually finished the tune and improvised the lyrics when they recorded it???

That;s actually an ad-lib when they recorded the tune. I've got most of the original musical scores (copys from warner bros) and the word "Fire" isnt on the score....there are a lot of Zep tunes like that especially on "In through the outdoor" album, where the printed lyrics (probebly the origional intent when writting the music) is completley different then on the actual recording. In fact on some of the lyrics on "In the Evening" they are simply dotted out- as if they never actually finished the tune and improvised the lyrics when they recorded it???

Listen to the version of Dyer Maker, of the album Houses Of The Holy, the last minute of the song..

You´ll hear someone singing "fine" or "fire".

Please tell me who is the one who sings it, and what does he say.

THnks

Listen to the version of Dyer Maker, of the album Houses Of The Holy, the last minute of the song..

You´ll hear someone singing "fine" or "fire".

Please tell me who is the one who sings it, and what does he say.

THnks

Like I said, it isn't on the origional music score...its anyone guess who sings it. It will probebly be "Fire", which would fall right in with the mystery essense of Zeppelin. I could be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, if no one here knows what it is, I think you can get away with saying either one, heh.

I'm going to guess that it's "fire" and not "fine." To me it just sounds like "fie," but that really doesn't make any sense, so I'd go with "fire." I'm not hearing an "n" sound at the end of the word, so fire seems more likely than fine.

Almost positive he's saying fire. I too am a musician who has been struggling with the music of Zep for 20 years. Just finishing The Rain Song in open tuning.

IT'S 'FIRE' DAMN IT!

...and just so there's no misunderstanding, I hope you are all pronouncing the title of this song correcly.

It's pronounced "Jamaica".

well actually it's pronounced "Jamaker" (at least in parts of the UK) which lends it to also double for the English phrase...D'ya make her?......as in, Did you F her?

well actually it's pronounced "Jamaker" (at least in parts of the UK) which lends it to also double for the English phrase...D'ya make her?......as in, Did you F her?

I stand corrected. That's about as close as some of us are gonna get here in the states. Thank g-d Jimmy was wise enought o spell it L-E-D, other wise we'd all be talking about how much we love "Leed Zeppelin"! :P

Absolute truth:

No less than three people have refered to Led Zeppelin as a person to me in the last week.

2 thought he was dead and one asked if he could still sing!

• 2 weeks later...
Almost positive he's saying fire. I too am a musician who has been struggling with the music of Zep for 20 years. Just finishing The Rain Song in open tuning.

Hey I've learned Rain song in open tuning, which is what the warner bros. musical score has it in. But I've heard Page say in an interview, that he invented the alternate tuning that song is actually in.

Do you have any idea what that alternate tuning is?

Does mind fuckin her count?

The answer, hell no she was a scorpio!!!!!!!!!!! doesnt anyone pay attention anymore!

Now where is that Aquarious everyone is talking about?

Hey I've learned Rain song in open tuning, which is what the warner bros. musical score has it in. But I've heard Page say in an interview, that he invented the alternate tuning that song is actually in.

Do you have any idea what that alternate tuning is?

DGCGCD

or Live on TSRTS it's

EADADE

I think Fire because of Catch a Fire...

And the title is a joke

My wife went to the Caribbean. - D'yer Mak'er? (bangs knee sarcastically)

Not "did you fuck her?"

The beauty of the joke is that it's a pun and it works in all three contextes.

"D'yer Mak'er (did you f-ck her)"

"My wife went to the Caribbean". - "Jamaica?" -"No she wanted to go." (bangs knee sarcastically)

And of course Jamaica being a reference to the fact that the song has a reggae feel.

Archived