The Song Remains The Same?

Heartbreaker_Girl

I really love the fact that Bonzo's "fantasy" sequence isn't actually a "fantasy." That was his real life! That's how he actually lived! :D

Farmer, construction worker, car collector, father, husband by day. Hard hitting God of Thunder by night! :drumz:

130 pounds of glory! John Bonham!

Okay, my take on Jones' sequence is that it's supposed to be a metaphor for his and the band's life on the road. In the film, he goes out riding with three other guys, raising hell around town, and when he gets home, he takes of his mask and he's 'daddy' home again with his loving family.

Is this what others think it means? Or am I completely off? lol I have to ask, because I've seen the film about 20 times, but most of those times I've been pretty high so....heh

Okay, my take on Jones' sequence is that it's supposed to be a metaphor for his and the band's life on the road. In the film, he goes out riding with three other guys, raising hell around town, and when he gets home, he takes of his mask and he's 'daddy' home again with his loving family.

Is this what others think it means? Or am I completely off? lol I have to ask, because I've seen the film about 20 times, but most of those times I've been pretty high so....heh

I read on wiki that it was supposed to be a reinterpretation of the film Doctor Syn.

I read on wiki that it was supposed to be a reinterpretation of the film Doctor Syn.

Wiki is not always 100% accurate ;) But that's not to say what they said about the scene was wrong. I don't remember what it's based on but I'm sure someone here will confirm it :)

Jimmy's sequence had the funniest story. Bonzo bitched cuz Jimmy was a vegatarian. Bonzo said he would slaughter a bull for Jimmy so he would get bigger. Jimmy couldn't keep climbing the cliff side. Getting up wasnt the problem is was getting down. It was really cold that day too. He kept having to go again and again to get the right take. So his "brilliant" idea wasnt so brilliant.

I had no idea Jimmy was vegetarian! How cool! Just further proof of how much us vegetarians rock!

I liked Jonsey's the best because No Quarter is one of my favorite songs, and because it's the only one I actually got kinda.

I like how you put that. :D Jimmy's is probably my fave

I drive my mom crazy with this movie "It's so stupid...It has no plot line...It doesn't make any sense..." :blahblah:

"It's not supposed to!!!" :wall: Normal people just don't get it...

I'm probably gonna go watch it when I get off of here...

I had no idea Jimmy was vegetarian! How cool! Just further proof of how much us vegetarians rock!

I like how you put that. :D Jimmy's is probably my fave

I drive my mom crazy with this movie "It's so stupid...It has no plot line...It doesn't make any sense..." :blahblah:

"It's not supposed to!!!" :wall: Normal people just don't get it...

I'm probably gonna go watch it when I get off of here...

My mom hasn't even seen it yet, I've been hoggin' it... :D

I'm turinin' Veg. too. Just because Jimmy is...

Is Jimmy still vegetarian? I thought I read somewhere he wasn't. Not that it matters one way or the other.

I remember reading somewhere he was no more since the 90s, don't know if it's true though.

My mom hasn't even seen it yet, I've been hoggin' it... :D

I'm turinin' Veg. too. Just because Jimmy is...

....except that one can't be declared as vegetarian while drooling for "HOT" Robert PLANT at the same time, now that would become a "meaty" issue.... :lol:

Some vegetarians eat fish :) But I think as Glicine mentioned, there was something mentioned where he wasn't a vegetarian anymore. I just don't recall where it was.

Somehow I remember reading somewhere that during an interview in the 90s, Jimmy had a paper bag of Burger King delivered to him(they were on tour), but he was being polite not to eat in front of the journalist.

And now I'm breaking my head thinking if Burger king has some burgers for vegetarian. :lol:

:lol::lol: Guess I can quit bragging now...

BTW- I read somewhere that one tour, Jimmy just lived off of fries, which I've done before, too :burp:

Where did you read that? I know at one point in the 70s, he was only having liquids but I've never heard living off fries.

Where did you read that? I know at one point in the 70s, he was only having liquids but I've never heard living off fries.

:Thinking:

I honestly don't know...It may be one of those things that someone just told me...

Dammit! I hate when this happens!

Didn't he live on liquids one of those times when he was always so sick?

I honestly don't know...It may be one of those things that someone just told me...

...Possible this...

days before Swan Song Party, '74...From Hammer of Gods: Danny Goldberg came to inform Jimmy Page, in his suite, about a reporter waiting and discovered this:

"Hodenfield and Danny found Jimmy eating french fries"

Jimmy replied: "well, I'm eating breakfast you know."

"He bangs the bottle of ketchup onto the potatoes and, with thumb and index finger, daintily lifts another potato to his mouth."

"The star tosses his curls winsomely and plucks another potato drenched in ketchup"

...and I also recall, literally, Jimmy in love with fries....I would say the above time more like...as in '77 Jimmy made a reference to liquid diet (blender was accompanied).... :) :)

He lived off of banana daiquiris whilst on tour in '77 - it was reported that he hardly ate solid food for almost two years. This probably had something to do with his Heroin addiction.

In all likelihood, I'm assuming - since Jimmy eats at Nobu with Gollum (Boo, Hiss) - that the chances of him eating meat are high. At least, higher than they were in the '70's.

I think that if people are going to start emulating his diet then they must know that not only was it an unhealthy one, but it was one that almost contributed in killing him. Heroin is highly dangerous, so not eating a solid meal for almost two years doesn't help. And a daiquiri is a cocktail - no matter how much you put a 'healthy' spin on it by adding banana. I think it's fair to say he lived a very unhealthy lifestyle in Zeppelin's latter years, and, I'm sure, he'd be fairly upset if a fan risked their lives trying to copy his.

...Possible this...

days before Swan Song Party, '74...From Hammer of Gods: Danny Goldberg came to inform Jimmy Page, in his suite, about a reporter waiting and discovered this:

"Hodenfield and Danny found Jimmy eating french fries"

Jimmy replied: "well, I'm eating breakfast you know."

"He bangs the bottle of ketchup onto the potatoes and, with thumb and index finger, daintily lifts another potato to his mouth."

"The star tosses his curls winsomely and plucks another potato drenched in ketchup"

...and I also recall, literally, Jimmy in love with fries....I would say the above time more like...as in '77 Jimmy made a reference to liquid diet (blender was accompanied).... :) :)

Whats so wrong about eatin fries if your vegetarian? Its a vegetable i think...

Archived